ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

-snip-

Can we expect an update eventually or is the mod dead/private now? If you don't plan on making anymore releases an announcement would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can we expect an update eventually or is the mod dead/private now? If you don't plan on making anymore releases an announcement would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would love to continue this mod, as I could add a few more things that were on his wish list like the C-130, C3 Rifle, fix the arsenal bug, continue the CF-188, keep it updated, etc. however he has not responded to my PM for some time now.  :( Shame. Would love to keep it from dying as us Canucks need something to play with  ;)

• Like 4

I would love to continue this mod, as I could add a few more things that were on his wish list like the C-130, C3 Rifle, fix the arsenal bug, continue the CF-188, keep it updated, etc. however he has not responded to my PM for some time now.  :( Shame. Would love to keep it from dying as us Canucks need something to play with  ;)

I don't know if this is allowed but create a separate mod with this one as the requirement. 

I don't know if this is allowed but create a separate mod with this one as the requirement.

Unfortunately the arsenal fix requires me to open up the weapon .pbos and without permission it is frowned upon. I may release the C3 as it's being made entirely by me. I just think that people might not bother downloading a single weapon .pbo. Perhaps in the future I'll work on some other weapons.

• Like 4

Unfortunately the arsenal fix requires me to open up the weapon .pbos and without permission it is frowned upon. I may release the C3 as it's being made entirely by me. I just think that people might not bother downloading a single weapon .pbo. Perhaps in the future I'll work on some other weapons.

I would download a standalone CF-188. Maybe if he comes back then you could just fuse the standalone mod with the pack, and it'd be like normal. =P

Well to those who want a CF-188 in Arma 3- John Spartan and Saul already have a CF-188 livery for their FA-18 Hornet. What you must do to get the skin: Install the FA-18 addon. Then, once in-game, enter in the init box for the FA-18:

this setObjectTexture [0,"js_jc_fa18_squads\data\fa18f_hull_canada_co.paa"]; 

This will have a local effect, dictated by the "setObjectTexture", however you can replace it with "setObjectTextureGlobal" for a global effect.

It's not a perfect re skin, but it does the job of giving the effect of a CF-188 and that's all we really want. Plus, it's John Spartan and Saul's FA-18 which is already awesome and has enough firepower to level a city.

This would have been well received I think. I still play this mod but I have to combine it with another Canadian mod for the weapons. Its too bad this mod id being aloud to die.

I blame Diefenbaker, its the Avro Arrow all over again :ph34r: . Seriously though I wish permission would be given to allow someone to carry on with the work.

Noticed this guy as well. This steam workshop...

Yeah, and everybody thinks it's justified just because the original mod creator hasn't responded to him.

I just messaged ohally about it on Armaholic and gave him a link to make a copyright complaint if he's not OK with the re-upload.

In other news, I PM'd him on Armaholic a while ago and he messaged me back last month telling me that he's in talks with the CUP team about integrating it into their project.

Mod has been removed from the steam workshop.

Is there a known reason for this? That is where i installed it as i could not get it to work when i installed it from here. :(

Someone help pls

9 hours ago, Durcaz said:

Mod has been removed from the steam workshop.

Is there a known reason for this? That is where i installed it as i could not get it to work when i installed it from here. :(

Someone help pls

Usually removed if was uploaded by someone thats not the author. 

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I didn't get any replies to a question of mine on the Workshop page. Might as well try my luck here. A patch for the mod on Steam which fixed a couple things disappeared and it was supposedly going to be integrated into the main mod sometime soon. The main mod also hasn't gotten any updates in a while. I'd hate to see this mod just die, especially since the original creator approving the Workshop upload felt like a glimmer of hope that something will happen. It's really hard to find info on what's going on. Someone here mentioned the mod being integrated into CUP, but that probably isn't happening. I'm just hoping development on this mod continues in some form.

The last BI patch caused the helmets on these units to be firmly wedged up their butts. I appreciate that this is a dead mod, however if someone knows a way to fix this issue I would really appreciate the assistance.

On 1/17/2018 at 3:49 AM, dr@gon said:

The last BI patch caused the helmets on these units to be firmly wedged up their butts. I appreciate that this is a dead mod, however if someone knows a way to fix this issue I would really appreciate the assistance.

Turns out the mod got revived very recently by a couple of people. It works perfectly and there seems to be more content on the way.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:33 PM, Amtoj said:

Turns out the mod got revived very recently by a couple of people. It works perfectly and there seems to be more content on the way.

Holy crap that's great news!!! Very happy to hear this. Thanks

I thought I'd add that the ONS mod is quite good as well and is complimentary with the CAF mod. At this point if you want to play Canadians in ARMA you have to piece things together from other mods. I always liked CAF's "relish" CADPAT although its a bit too clean like it just got out of the laundry and of course the LAV, Griffon, and Leopard 2. The Helmet scrim and netting was also a favorite from CAF. ONS has better weapons (not to mention they work in the current Arma version with armoury).

Just my 2 cents.