ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

Big thx i like your mod, and the sound of weapons are great. Only one thing, can you change the way soldiers hold the weapons? Now days they hold it like this:8495589.jpg?size=620x400s

http://discovermilitary.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Canadian-Joint-Task-Force-2.jpg (191 kB)

In the video you posted at 1:22 he is holding it perfect :).

Edited by fidai

Big thx i like your mod, and the sound of weapons are great. Only one thing, can you change the way soldiers hold the weapons? Now days they hold it like this:http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/cms/binary/8495589.jpg?size=620x400s

http://discovermilitary.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Canadian-Joint-Task-Force-2.jpg (191 kB)

In the video you posted at 1:22 he is holding it perfect :).

Glad you like,

Being a soldier for the past 8 years I've learned holds are about comfort and effectiveness, depends on the shooter and the circumstances. At this time CAF uses vanilla A3 weapon hand animations. We are looking at doing up custom ones in the near future.

When i place CAF units in the editor and try to preview, i get some kind of a "CAF ... uniform ..." error. I have downloaded the latest version on armaholic. Any ideas why?

what units are you placing?

Delete it and re-install

The latest update required you to start a new

---------- Post added at 04:27 ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 ----------

ALPHA_RELEASE1_zps04f107b9.png

@CAF V 0.85 RELEASED

Click to Enlarge:

th_arma32013-09-2314-52-44-39_zps700116dc.png | th_arma32013-09-2314-51-18-43_zps59316de3.png

DOWNLOAD

Change Log:

-Added JTF2 Assaulters

-Added Repair / Rearm HLVW

-Fixed bugs from last release

Enjoy!

P.S. There should be a server up soon running DWS with CAF Filter for RHRC. (note** May not be up until Tuesday Evening)

Hi Ohally,

This update is great. I've only had a brief time to look at it but so far it is looking really good.

I noticed that the JTF2 have silencers in their inventory but I don't see them in the classnames PDF.

Also the JTF2 Assaulters don't have side arms, I always thought CQB included sidearms.

Hi Ohally,

This update is great. I've only had a brief time to look at it but so far it is looking really good.

I noticed that the JTF2 have silencers in their inventory but I don't see them in the classnames PDF.

Also the JTF2 Assaulters don't have side arms, I always thought CQB included sidearms.

I meant to add pistols, just plum forgot, had a lot going on. I'll make sure they are added next update.

Dropbox link for the PDF is not working (too much traffic)... anyone got a copy they can post up?

Dropbox link for the PDF is not working (too much traffic)... anyone got a copy they can post up?

We'll have a better download link by the end of the day.

Looking good. Any plans to fix the barrel profile on the C8FTHB/C8A3/C8SFW? Also, variants of CANSOFCOM units with face cover would be a nice touch. Good on you for sticking with this mod for this long, by the way.

Nice. CSOR or CJIRU in the future perhaps?

Yes down the road.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Looking good. Any plans to fix the barrel profile on the C8FTHB/C8A3/C8SFW? Also, variants of CANSOFCOM units with face cover would be a nice touch. Good on you for sticking with this mod for this long, by the way.

Yes but not top priority. Still have a lot of vehicles to bring in

Planned, but not in the near future. *see last comment*

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Planning an update for this weekend to fix following:

Flag names for Army, Navy, Airforce, Canada not showing

CANSOFCOM Vests have US flag on them + adding .45 ACP pistols to existing units.

Adding Config for Recce Detachments

Missing texture on watch cap + removal of caf_watchcap.pbo

Anything else I think of

I will also update the Class List to include the C8 Silencer.

Hi , first of all you have a great mod ! My friends and I are enjoying it :) But we cannot play your lateast version because we use sixupdater do you know why ? The version we have are the one with the M72 LAW + The missing icons when placing a unit in the editor (Canada flag) We do not have the JTF-2 units too. We want to use play with six because its the easiest way to get the mods working together on multiplayer !!!

Thanks.

Hi , first of all you have a great mod ! My friends and I are enjoying it :) But we cannot play your lateast version because we use sixupdater do you know why ? The version we have are the one with the M72 LAW + The missing icons when placing a unit in the editor (Canada flag) We do not have the JTF-2 units too. We want to use play with six because its the easiest way to get the mods working together on multiplayer !!!

Thanks.

I do not push to sixupdater. I know they have picked it up and periodically update the files but I nor my team do that. download from armaholic, otherwise your SOL ..

Sorry I meant to say Play with six :S but I guess its still the same :P Is there a way to get the version updated automatic ? Because we dont want any issues with versions when playing.

When are they going to update this master piece. Having 3D scopes of this would be nice, along with some vehicles with their respected paints. CF-18, or BAE hawk. Some polished things. =D

You can try messaging Sickboy on PWS forums to request he update the mod on the SU network.

When are they going to update this master piece. Having 3D scopes of this would be nice, along with some vehicles with their respected paints. CF-18, or BAE hawk. Some polished things. =D

I'm sure it will be updated when it's ready :p

Yeah I think we are all excited for vehicles. What's up with mentioning the BAE Hawk, I don't believe Canada uses those.

IX-TaskForce www.ix-taskforce.com @ACE @ACRE, @CAF @ONS

any chance of an up dated class list :) also i was sure this was mentioned in past pages but it doesn't seem to get addressed in the updates, the M203 sight is off by around 100m, we have worked out that if you zero to 300m the tip of the post is actually 200m, thanks for all your amazing work!

Yeah I think we are all excited for vehicles. What's up with mentioning the BAE Hawk, I don't believe Canada uses those.

IX-TaskForce www.ix-taskforce.com @ACE @ACRE, @CAF @ONS

Well, 2nd Canadian Forces Flying Training School does.

BAeCT155Hawk155217.JPG

But maybe a real sharp and clean model of the CF-18 would be better.

Sorry I meant to say Play with six :S but I guess its still the same :P Is there a way to get the version updated automatic ? Because we dont want any issues with versions when playing.

Again, I do not provide support to those programs. download from here or armaholic is the only solid way to stay up to date.