Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 100056 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

+ some beta regressions fixed, shall hotfix some of the often crashes of client/server seen in past weeks

+ possible slight performance increase when using BE filters

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my BIForum nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: also deployed on STEAM!

+++

Data fixes and improvements by the Community Config Project (CCP)

Changelog: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1391

More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141732-ARMA-2-Community-Configuration-Project-(A2CCP)

Edited by Dwarden

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo revision 10k+... THIS.... IS..... ARMA 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... then reality kicked in... :)

Congrats on this special milestone :)

Edited by warrick

The more guys are working on ArmA2, the less are working on ArmA3... ;)

The more guys are working on ArmA2, the less are working on ArmA3... ;)

I guess that developers of ARMA3 has nothing to do with developers of beta builds ARMA2.

What I want to know is ... exactly how many beta regressions can there possibly be ?

Keep up the good work however. The game IS slowly getting better (wobbly trees still annoying me however)

I'd be super happy if we could just get a fix for the broken Global and Side channel VON comms in multiplayer. Coordinating play and moderating our server is very difficult in its current state and very few of our public players use Teamspeak. Problem started with 1.62 release and has continued through subsequent betas (and yes, we are using the latest Windows server builds).

Sound is jacked up with this beta. The environmental sounds are much quieter and the directional sounds are way off.

Sound is jacked up with this beta. The environmental sounds are much quieter and the directional sounds are way off.

To me that is an improvement

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo revision 10k+... THIS.... IS..... ARMA 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... then reality kicked in... :)

Could you please tell me what you mean with "revision 10k"? :)

And this thread is about a new update which you'll have to download manually?

And this thread is about a new update which you'll have to download manually?

This particular forum is about beta testing, this thread is about beta patch build 100056 which yes you will have to download manually.

I guess that developers of ARMA3 has nothing to do with developers of beta builds ARMA2.

That aren't two totally independent games. Sure A3 will get a new graphics engine and various other changes. But a lot of logic is ported over from each game to the next. For example, the trusty M113 is basically the same since OFP, drives equally wobbly etc. and so are a lot of not so visible things the same as in Arma1 or OFP. So I'm pretty sure that a good deal of bugfixes for A2 will mean an improved A3 right from its beginning.

Congrats on this special milestone. You guys are doing a tremendous job :)

Can someone please test issue 67896 I think there has been a change in behavior when a player takes something from an ammo crate. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

I'd be super happy if we could just get a fix for the broken Global and Side channel VON comms in multiplayer. Coordinating play and moderating our server is very difficult in its current state and very few of our public players use Teamspeak. Problem started with 1.62 release and has continued through subsequent betas (and yes, we are using the latest Windows server builds).

You mean VON is often cracking up / distorted? Happens a lot on the TAW server, pretty annoying.

That aren't two totally independent games. Sure A3 will get a new graphics engine and various other changes. But a lot of logic is ported over from each game to the next. For example, the trusty M113 is basically the same since OFP, drives equally wobbly etc. and so are a lot of not so visible things the same as in Arma1 or OFP. So I'm pretty sure that a good deal of bugfixes for A2 will mean an improved A3 right from its beginning.
Work done for A.I. in A2 is for sure development of A.I. for A3. Basically you can say ArmA is 2.5 now and all that worl is done on the way to 3.0

Just keep in mind that Armed Assault received its final patch AFTER A2 was released.

Can someone please test issue 67896 I think there has been a change in behavior when a player takes something from an ammo crate. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.
You are right, as described, he switches to G17 as soon as he can. But it's not really news that the G17 is his favourite weapon, it just became a bit worse. Edited by Brainbug

What are you guys talking about? Is the AI in this patch suppose to be where the ArmA 3 AI is now?

What are you guys talking about? Is the AI in this patch suppose to be where the ArmA 3 AI is now?

Nope, just parts of it.

Could we limit post in these threads to feeding back on the Betas? Maybe just have one thread where all the release congratulations / conjecture about Arma 3 can go?

1) "AI unit aiming bug" appeared recently: observed - AI fired Metis and didn't wait until missile hit/impact; expected AI should not change its firing position during such "manual" missile guidance/flight (except if there is a lethal threat from enemy). 2) Why does the Takistani T-72 deploy smoke as soon as he is hit via Laser (incl. Blufor vehicle FCS)? This vehicle doesn't have sensor "boxes" on its turret. Only the Russian T-90 should have a proper working "Shtora" smoke-feature incl auto-slew the main gun to where the laser originated from.

This could be the reason why we have endless bugs in each new release of the OFP/ArmA series... :D