Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

80s, 90s, early 2000 US Military

I would like to announce my project of US military forces. Right now I'm focused on 90s US Army. I am putting tremendous effort into research, accuracy and quality into this project.

The idea behind this project is from the mid 80s to the early 2000s all the gear was basically the same with the exception of a few pieces of gear, so it shouldn't be too hard to create popular US Army, Marine, Navy and Air Force units from these eras. I don't know how far I'm going to take this project, but the first planned release will be of basic units from the 90s.

I would also like to implement more functionality into this project, starting off with customizable nametapes and patches. All the gear is seperate, which will come in handy later.

Enjoy!

Previews features Vilas', Yura Petrov's and CWR2's addons.

preview2-1.jpg

preview3-1.jpg

preview4-1.jpg

preview7-1.jpg

If it ain't raining, we ain't training.

preview1-2.jpg

preview5-1.jpg

preview6-1.jpg

Edited by Delta Hawk

I don't know what exactly it is, but the textures on those units looks superb, especially the camo pattern. Great work!

It also reminds me alot of what the current ROKMC/ Army uniforms look like now hah

Nice work! IMO, the textures doesn't looks enough dirty. You seems to be in right way to produce something of quality ;)

I have a strange tingling sensation in my pants right now.

This

These look pretty damn good. I hope you can make a config for default BIS weapons (no depencies on CWR2 or Vilas addons). I'm always using ACE and custom sound packs so it's a pain in the ass when the units use separate weapons.

Nice work! IMO, the textures doesn't looks enough dirty. You seems to be in right way to produce something of quality ;)

This would be a good idea. Default BIS units and most of the custom ones always look way too clean.

These would be perfect for some late and post Cold War black ops scenarios. Besides, they look great! <Eager Anticipation: Engaged>

These units look great! I always liked the old BDU more than UCP or Multicam.

When I read that:

I don't know how far I'm going to take this project, but the first planned release will be of basic units from the 90s.
Only one answer comes to me: When it'll be ready? :)

This looks really cool I will most likely download this mod when you are finished keep up the good work

Delta Hawk, that looks impressive. Especially the radio sets shown by the special ops guys.

I'm very fond of cold-war era units, and will happily support these in my mission generator (as I am doing for the CWR2, BAOR and P85 units) with detailed TO&E, use of crew served weapons, para drops, air landings, artillery, use of camo ents, etc..

One question though: what is it that your add-on will provide and how will it use/combine with the CWR2, P85 and other units?

Looking forward to your results,

William

The main thing I like about those shots is that the units have some bulk to them. I usually think most addon units look too skinny, or like they're not carrying enough gear. Nice work!

Very nice units! Is it possible to have a screenshot with HDR off? :)

Multicam especially from german manufacturer Leo Köhler is really great in the sandy dry parts of germany like Saxonia and Brandenburg and Rhine-Main region and Bergen trainign ground...but for a reason I don't know it sucks in computer games.

Multicam especially from german manufacturer Leo Köhler is really great in the sandy dry parts of germany like Saxonia and Brandenburg and Rhine-Main region and Bergen trainign ground...but for a reason I don't know it sucks in computer games.
They don't get dirty and they are usually too bright.

I really want to see these units released.

Delta Hawk is back, ladies and gentlemen! I just "creamed my khakis". Oh wells, I needed a showers anyway. :eek:

EDIT: You even have proper SSI for 2ID, Cavalry, and Special Forces? AND THOSE SEXY ALICE PACKS? I coulds kisses you abouts now. :o

Some questions: Will there be Desert/DCU souljaz? Will there be IBA vests or just PASGT vests?

Also, the Cavalry combat patch (right arm sleeve) should also be reversed, like this: U.S. ARMY - DECEMBER 2004 - IRAQ, although both reversed and un-reversed patches have been used by the U.S. Army so it's not that big of a deal.

Anyway, best of luck to you; my good man, Delta! ;)

Same here; they looked much more sharper, in my opinion. I mean, just look at this picture of some ARNG blokes on a training exercise in Ukraine back in July 2000. Doesn't it just get you all warm, fuzzy, and nostalgic inside? :)

660px-BDUs-forest.jpg

Edited by Laqueesha

I love your work. I personally suggest to make some real 80's Soviet troops as well.

Nice early 2000's DCU make for some good early OEF/OIF missions....

Just a heads up. We have an addon request thread sticky for requests. Thanks.

Please god tell me the Cat eyes work.

First off great looking units!

If you don't know how to get the cateyes working properly, please please please contact me. For communities who run serious missions this is the one detail which adds a tremendous amount of functionality to units, allowing you to easily keep track of your friendlies in the dark.

I would suggest adding some script functionality to change the patches, nametape, and rank insignias. I know the Bundeswehrmod has this and its a great way for mission makers to add detail. Also I don't think it would be too hard to pull the players name if the unit is a player and put it on the nametape.

Anyway let me know if you need help.