Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

80s, 90s, early 2000 US Military

I have made 3 and 6 desert BDUs. I just don't feel comfortable right now showing them. When it comes to the saturation of my BDUs, my goal isn't the cinematic COD look but rather a non color bias depiction of real BDUs worn by real U.S. soldiers, Marines, airmen and seamen. I strive for accuracy and after 6 months of research and adjusting them I'm at that point where they will not change much. Also, be aware those pictures show both the Enhanced Temperate Weather BDU and the Enhanced Hot Weather BDU, both of which fades differently.

Wow, you've definitely done your homework here. This is surely going to be great. :)

Edited by Laqueesha

yeah, seriously... If you can tell the difference between summer and winter weight bdu fabric in game on these then they have to be the most detailed textures I've seen on units in Arma so far. Awesome stuff.

and in "Black Hawk Down", the soldiers wore DBDU-camo PASGT helmets, DCUs and Woodland PASGST vests.

I am so eagerly awaiting the relase of this mod. Let's take it back to the old school! :)

Same here!

Also, if you check, '93 (Somalia) was the transitional period for 6 to 3 colour so most back then didn't have DCU and BDU helmet covers,

Movie screen

compared to

A Photograph of two Rangers during 'Operation Restoring Hope'

Also note how they where still using Original M60's rather than the E3's and the FN Mag on the left.

Edit: More photos! (No doubt some will enjoy these. Photo descriptions note the situation/Soldiers and weapons)

Edited by Scarecrow398

good mod this is soo awesome :yay:

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

these look superB can't wait to get my hands on these troops :)

IKR! this is Superb

It's coming along, but I hit a motivational brick wall, so I started doing another project along side this one. I wish I could say what it is, but I don't want to get everyone's hopes up.

How do you set up a characters hands to change with the face? I've asked in the editing section but no answer. It's the BIS model hands so what should the name selection, properties and texture paths be? Thanks.

How do you set up a characters hands to change with the face? I've asked in the editing section but no answer. It's the BIS model hands so what should the name selection, properties and texture paths be? Thanks.

Are you talking about skin? You could try gloves instead, if that suits your fancy.

I'm trying to think of a way to make the gloves an option in the mission editor since garrison soldiers don't wear gloves.

You can use hidden selections to show hands vs gloves if both are on the model. Then in the config you just set it so that the garrison units don't have gloves on.

You can use hidden selections to show hands vs gloves if both are on the model. Then in the config you just set it so that the garrison units don't have gloves on.

Wouldn't that work only if the glove is a model?

Abs

Oh boy... I might be a BAF nut but I think I just felt my dick move...

Wouldn't that work only if the glove is a model?

Abs

Yeah that is how you would do it. If you take the default hand and scale it up some and map it to your glove texture, then place the default bare hand underneath you can then switch between them

afaik there's no way to scale by normals in oxygen, which would make enlarging the gloves a pain in the neck. Do the hands have to have a specific texture and rvmat?

afaik there's no way to scale by normals in oxygen, which would make enlarging the gloves a pain in the neck. Do the hands have to have a specific texture and rvmat?

Yes there is, sort of.

If you open your model in O2 and go to "points" and turn on "move by normals", then press ctrl+shift+lmb+rmb and move your mouse around. I'm not sure if that's what you mean but I guess this is O2's version of scaling by normals.

Yes sir, that will work. Exactly what I need. Thanks Lennard!

Now, I get the hands have to be labeled "osobnost" but is there a special way of setting up the model.cfg other than the normal way? What does the texture path need to be?

It's coming along, but I hit a motivational brick wall, so I started doing another project along side this one. I wish I could say what it is, but I don't want to get everyone's hopes up.

Aww, come on!! These are too sexy to die! I've already got campaigns planned around these! Hell, I'll take em as is, they still look better then 99% of what is released these days.

Do hidden selections work on characters? I though there was a problem with non discrete models having multiple named selections on a single face.

Aww, come on!! These are too sexy to die! I've already got campaigns planned around these! Hell, I'll take em as is, they still look better then 99% of what is released these days.

I second this, I have an ACE multiplayer campaign of 10 missions that I was going to release to the community that is focused on 90's peackeeping missions loosely based on Harold Coyle's novel God's Children. The missions are done and play tested I'm just waiting on these units. :P

They'll get finished or at least released. I just have a lot on my mind. I got my degree in video game art but I'm still unemployed and living on my own. I'm not where I want to be right now with no real source of income.

I don't know about the effects of hidden selections and normal game play, which is why I'll need beta testers later on. But I hope using hidden selections is ok because i'm just making one model with all the gear on it and hiding certain parts for different roles.

As for my other project, here's a small part.

tire.jpg

They'll get finished or at least released. I just have a lot on my mind. I got my degree in video game art but I'm still unemployed and living on my own. I'm not where I want to be right now with no real source of income.

I don't know about the effects of hidden selections and normal game play, which is why I'll need beta testers later on. But I hope using hidden selections is ok because i'm just making one model with all the gear on it and hiding certain parts for different roles.

As for my other project, here's a small part.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/themethodbehindthemadness/tire.jpg

You shouldn't have any issues with hiddenselections in MP assuming it all initializes during the start of a mission, from experiance, you don't seem to get any issues until you start playing around while the mission is running.

High Detail Humvee's/Trucks from around the same era to go with the units? (I sware i didn't check the tread pattern >_>):P

Edited by Scarecrow398

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/themethodbehindthemadness/tire.jpg

If you need testers, I'm definitely willing. I helped test some of the PRACS stuff before it came out. Not much on the technical or MP side, but I'm good at general bug spotting.

If you want to beta test, please shoot me a pm with references and projects you tested.

A little update, I corrected my buttpack making it era correct. I also made a gas mask carrier. Next is the med pack, then LODs.

Is there any other way of hiding stuff? Couldn't I make the gear proxys and use the hidden selection animation on the proxy which should eliminate the model using up polys and textures for hidden stuff???

Obviously I'm making more than just tires...

arma2OA%202012-11-01%2018-42-45-90.jpg

arma2OA%202012-11-01%2018-48-59-29.jpg

Yes, I know. I haven't made the chocolate chip flak cover yet. That isn't on the top of my list but I will make one later.

tire_01.jpg

Edited by Delta Hawk

If you want to beta test, please shoot me a pm with references and projects you tested.

A little update, I corrected my buttpack making it era correct. I also made a gas mask carrier. Next is the med pack, then LODs.

Is there any other way of hiding stuff? Couldn't I make the gear proxys and use the hidden selection animation on the proxy which should eliminate the model using up polys and textures for hidden stuff???

Obviously I'm making more than just tires...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28808032/pictures/arma2OA%202012-11-01%2018-42-45-90.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28808032/pictures/arma2OA%202012-11-01%2018-48-59-29.jpg

Yes, I know. I haven't made the chocolate chip flak cover yet. That isn't on the top of my list but I will make one later.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28808032/pictures/tire_01.jpg

Great work buddy truely god like :D

I love your work, keep it up!

Regards, astast

Edited by astast