Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

Thanx for the update Team. First little bug report:

SP mission "Commander" (cwr2_sp10_commander.abel.pbo) does not end. Cut scene comes up after clearing Houdan but doesn't fade to black nor end. Even "endmision" doesn't work, had to abort by using ESC.

Problem is in the "outro1.sqf". Setting up the camera is flooding the rpt with script errors.

Edited by Guess Who
Added info

Bugger, it is a shame that Red Hammer won't be in.

Seconding this (one more reason to hate CM). Rivalled the original for the title of fav campaign. Shame BIS didn't do a modern Red Hammer for Operation Arrowhead instead of filling us with [unneeded] units that aren't used much after their campaigns anyway. Would be more worth my 10 euro than either BAF, PMC or ACR. Probably wouldn't fly though because of politics and propaganda. :(

Yes, the additional 2nd machinegun in use now makes tanks into true killing machines. We could add 1 or 2 RPG Gunners in the town, but then we must make sure the player can't pick them up and use them against the T-80s.

Perhaps you could add a single T-72 to the town? That might balance it out, it could potentially take out one of the Abrams which would make it a bit more balanced.

But then if the t72 manages to destroy the M1, the nato forces would be stomped flat without any ability to defend itself. The mission would depend entirely on whether or not the m1 shoots first.

But then if the t72 manages to destroy the M1, the nato forces would be stomped flat without any ability to defend itself. The mission would depend entirely on whether or not the m1 shoots first.

Aren't there american soldiers with M72 LAWs? Also, there are two M1s right?

Currently, in the rare instances that the m1 is disabled, the bmp is free to shoot your squad in enfilade, and the mission invariably ends with your whole squad dead on the hillside before they even get in range to engage.

Thanks again and here are some first reports: SP 21 "Laser" - player (BlackOp unit) without black skimask, Laserpoint seems to be invisible for AI if pointed at bridge, convoy gets stuck at one end of the bridge and didn't cross the bridge. SP 08 "Lonewolf" - "Destroy..." task didn't get marked as done, mission was only to end with 'endmission'. SP 13 "Vulcan" with scripterror

Unknown action GetOver No point in selection pilot. Unknown action Surrender.... Error in expression Error position: Error units: Type Array, expected Object,Group
and on Nogova Fc60 (south of Skalice) one farmhouse has a lightpole placed in walls (=indestructible).

Last time I played "Laser" I had a skimask, and I checked the end cutscene several times. very weird.

The laserpoint is visible to the AI, but you need to play with it for a while. Seems it depends a lot on where you point it at. I had luck on the first run when pointing at the left side of the bridge.

Yes, some vehicles seem stuck at the left end of the bridge. And others bounce when they hit the right side. Depends a lot on which vehicle is trying to cross it. Unfortunately we were not able to fix that yet.

"Lone Wolf" I look into now.

That script error I never seen so far anywhere, and I have showscripterrors on.

Fixing the lightpole asap.

Hi :)

I found a minor problem in the following sniper rifles M21 SWS and M21 SWS (camo) the scope in both arms not well calibrated or not centered aligned with the front sight or in short not well positioned or aligned not in the middle of a gun

I hope they can fix it ..... thanks in advance :)

Edited by Sgt. Elias Pinto

Aren't there american soldiers with M72 LAWs? Also, there are two M1s right?

If I understand this correctly and we're talking about the second mission of the campaign, right after taking Morton, there were two US tanks: M1 Abrams and M-60 Patton. Further forces were an M113 and 3 squads of infantry.

On the enemy side were (IIRC) 2 T-80's and several squads of infantry. Also I think a lone T-72 at the start of the mission.

In my million playthroughs the M113 always got destroyed right after coming across the hill, with M-60 many times as well (either that or just disabled) and only very few times did Abrams manage to escape without a scratch.

-

Idea: maybe you guys could just remove the second MG's ammo from US tanks, dumb down their AI, etc. without adding units that weren't there in the original?

The balaclava either showing or not showing up on player characters is related to the type of head picked by the player for his in game avatar. If one has a default Arma II head the balaclava is properly displayed. If one picks a different head, for instance one introduced with BAF or a Takistani native head, then the balaclava will not show up and the face is not covered up. This is a default Arma II undocumented feature and not CWR2 specific: try the same with one of the Chedaki or NAPA unit models that have a balaclava by default and a similar effect can be observed.

Regards,

Sander

First part was sure win for NATO tanks since it was impossible for T-72 to disable M1A1 with one shot, while hit form M1 would always disable T-72.

Yes, the additional 2nd machinegun in use now makes tanks into true killing machines. We could add 1 or 2 RPG Gunners in the town, but then we must make sure the player can't pick them up and use them against the T-80s.

No need to. Somehow I don't see player killing FOUR T-80s in one go. Bushes no longer work as invisible cap.

Edited by boota

I'm seeding the torrents of the CWR2 files, and for some reason , the status became red ("Seeding" with red background) and it stopped uploading. Any idea why? Can I do anything to keep the files uploading ?

Last time I played "Laser" I had a skimask, and I checked the end cutscene several times. very weird.

The laserpoint is visible to the AI, but you need to play with it for a while. Seems it depends a lot on where you point it at. I had luck on the first run when pointing at the left side of the bridge.

Yes, some vehicles seem stuck at the left end of the bridge. And others bounce when they hit the right side. Depends a lot on which vehicle is trying to cross it. Unfortunately we were not able to fix that yet.

Question about Laser scenario:

With Laser, the bridge was hit by 2 bombs from the A-10, leaving 2 huge gaps. So I returned to Scalice, saw the cutscene, and then the mission ended with failure, saying that the bridge was still there. What gives? Should I continue designating until it is hit with more bombs? There is no "destroy bridge" objective that will complete when the bridge is blown. I hope that there is some other indication as to when the bridge is considered blown so that the player knows when it is ok to return to Scalice.

2a9108212796426.jpg

Edit: Well, on another attempt, the bridge was hit, followed immediately by a savegame. Then I returned to Scalice and the mission ended with success. I guess even multiple bomb hits won't necessarily destroy the bridge and trigger the savegame.

I did have the balaclava.

Very cool mission! :)

It is apparent that sander didn't design this mission, as if he had, there would have been about 30 Spetsnaz between you and Scalice on the way back! ;)

Edited by OMAC

It is apparent that sander didn't design this mission, as if he had, there would have been about 30 Spetsnaz between you and Scalice on the way back! :D

And 20 or so ghillied up snipers waiting in the forests. :)

And perhaps a BMP for good measure, with AT weapons only available in a guarded base 5 km away! ;)

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Thanx for the update Team. First little bug report:

SP mission "Commander" (cwr2_sp10_commander.abel.pbo) does not end. Cut scene comes up after clearing Houdan but doesn't fade to black nor end. Even "endmision" doesn't work, had to abort by using ESC.

Problem is in the "outro1.sqf". Setting up the camera is flooding the rpt with script errors.

I get this also. Below is the last screen you get. Mission will not complete.

35cd71212796354.jpg

Rpt errors:

@camCommitted _camera;
titleCut ["","BLA>
 Error position: <@camCommitted _camera;
titleCut ["","BLA>
 Error Invalid number in expression
File missions\__cur_sp.abel\scripts\outro1.sqf, line 14
Error in expression <a camSetFOV 0.700;
_camera camCommit 2;

Edited by OMAC

Ground Attack I also gives me the error ""outro.sqf" not found" or summat along those lines. Mission doesn't end afterwards.

Aside from this, thanks again for your great work, CWR2 team. Enjoying the mod immensely.

Unfortunately it's an engine limitation. The helicopter is so awesome that it causes the game to never want to end the missions it's in. The missing outro error is a symptom of that.

Indeed :cool:

Need to check 'Laser' some more time, then I come up with another missions update.

Unfortunately it's an engine limitation. The helicopter is so awesome that it causes the game to never want to end the missions it's in. The missing outro error is a symptom of that.

Hah, I certainly tip my hat in that case. It could be the XM causing it too, or the sheer insanity of both models at once.

Speaking of that model and my massively enormous ego, I re-enabled _as maps for the interior of the thing. Let me know if this is a good thing or not. The polygons in shadow should appear darker.

Ambush - At the beginning when you pick up the anti-armour team, I would have Berghoff stop the HMMWV closer to the main road and not between the two small houses. AI can easily get stuck in those buildings and a couple of times I've seen Berghoff wander into one and not be able to come out.

Also got the following error when trying to extract in the chopper.

Error in expression <mstrong) > 500) AND (armstrong != _kdo) then {_kdo setDammage 1;};
_i = _i + 1;
>
 Error position: <then {_kdo setDammage 1;};
_i = _i + 1;
>
 Error then: Type Bool, expected if
File missions\__cur_sp.abel\scripts\selection.sqf, line 8

This caused the chopper to just remain on the ground until I ordered the squad out. It then took off and the mission ended when it reached its waypoint.

Situation was: Houdan and Dourdan objectives cancelled, player in command.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Ambush - At the beginning when you pick up the anti-armour team, I would have Berghoff stop the HMMWV closer to the main road and not between the two small houses. AI can easily get stuck in those buildings and a couple of times I've seen Berghoff wander into one and not be able to come out.

Yes! The same thing happened to me. Sometimes Berghoff and/or one of the AT guys get stuck in the building! I've had to restart the mission several times in those cases.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Ground Attack I also gives me the error ""outro.sqf" not found" or summat along those lines. Mission doesn't end afterwards.

Aside from this, thanks again for your great work, CWR2 team. Enjoying the mod immensely.

Confirmed:

7a89e4212883489.jpg

Also, the Destroy Convoy task doesn't trigger as succeeded after the convoy has been blown and you have received the congratulatory radio message to return to base for some brewskis:

93e0c5212951749.jpg

---------------------------------------

Also, Steal The UAZ doesn't have activatekey implemented to mark the mission as completed with the green marker in the missions list. The donekeys in description.ext is ok.

---------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Ambush -

Also got the following error when trying to extract in the chopper.

At least you got the choppers to come. I have no idea how to do so... Going down to the beach alone results in nothing but frustration. Stuck in Houdan alone with 3 T-72s and a BMP bearing down on me, and only 3 rpg rounds on me... :(

------------------------------------------------

The intro cutscenes for Ground Attack II are just about the best I have ever seen. Completely awesome. Note the message that comes up when the mission is complete (I think the string should read, "Mission completed," just as for Ground Attack I):

732c81212913147.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

Note that in Harsh Winter, the final base to be attacked (and later defended) is WEST of Velikaya, not east:

ec1d81212915454.jpg

Edited by OMAC