Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

Hey guys, thanks a lot for this great mod, we just added it in our community mod pack.

Can I ask you a couple of questions:

1. Are you planning to replace M133A2 and M113A3 driver's seat? Now drivers can't play without 3rd person view because they can't see nothing :(

2. Are you planning to reconfig M60A3 Patton? It's over armored now - four T-80 can't bring it damage.

Sorry if that questions was asked yearly.

Why? Misted glass is authentic and driver must control APC with help and guidance from gunner, 'cause he can't see a sh*t? :)

We use a lot of mods in our mod pack (units, weapons, vehicles, SMK animations, J.S.R.S. sounds, WarFX & JTD effects, maps, COSLX, of course CBA), but I think that only ACE 1.13 (ACE 1.14 RC 1 now) can manipulate damage system.

At the same time CWR2 M1A1 receives normal damage from AT and other tanks.

Edited by TheChaos
missing words

Why? Misted glass is authentic and driver must control APC with help and guidance from gunner, 'cause he can't see a sh*t? :)

The rest of us get by by pressing the 'look through optics' button. As to the answer of why, because there are more important things to do.

We use a lot of mods in our mod pack (units, weapons, vehicles, SMK animations, J.S.R.S. sounds, WarFX & JTD effects, maps, COSLX, of course CBA), but I think that only ACE 1.13 (ACE 1.14 RC 1 now) can manipulate damage system.

At the same time CWR2 M1A1 receives normal damage from AT and other tanks.

Please don't report any bugs or behaviour while using other mods. Our mod is not made to be compatible with other mods. It is not made to be incompatible, but your experience using other mods is certainly not guaranteed.

The rest of us get by by pressing the 'look through optics' button. As to the answer of why, because there are more important things to do.

Hmm, I don't see it. In M113 HQ there is option in scroll menu that allow driver stick out from hatch, but in A2 and A3 there are only "jump out", "get out" and "engine off" options.

In the future, will CWR2 have ACE support?

Please don't report any bugs or behaviour while using other mods. Our mod is not made to be compatible with other mods. It is not made to be incompatible, but your experience using other mods is certainly not guaranteed.

Okay, thanks.

Hmm' date=' I don't see it. In M113 HQ there is option in scroll menu that allow driver stick out from hatch, but in A2 and A3 there are only "jump out", "get out" and "engine off" options.[/quote']

By default, the 'look through optics' button is the v key, I believe, or numpad 0. It is the same key you use to look through a rifle's sights.

In the future' date=' will CWR2 have ACE support? [/quote']

No. It is not in our plans, and we are eager to finish off the basic functionality and units.

By default, the 'look through optics' button is the v key, I believe, or numpad 0. It is the same key you use to look through a rifle's sights.

Oh, I don't think about it :) Good, thanks - I will try it.

No.

That's sad. ACE provide a lot mechanics improvements. If I correctly understand CWR2 team work - you planning to do mod which will contains all of stuff without any another mod needed.

Oh, I don't think about it :) Good, thanks - I will try it.

Excellent.

That's sad. ACE provide a lot mechanics improvements.

That's a matter of preference.

If I correctly understand CWR2 team work - you planning to do mod which will contains all of stuff without any another mod needed.

Only A2 and OA are required. Usually full conversion mods do not require any other mods.

Sorry for spamming, but I have another one question - US Army Jeep M2 gunner always looking in M2 iron sights. Is this feature, bug or it comes from my compatibility issues with other mods?

Hi, the CWR Mod would great if it had USMC units integrated, just an opinion. Let's C ya

Hi, the CWR Mod would great if it had USMC units integrated, just an opinion. Let's C ya

Can't see why CWR would need USMC units, as there weren't any in OFP which is the whole purpose of the CWR mod.

With only one modeller/texturer active in the team, the chances for any additional content is exactly zero. Not even a chair.

We already have huge problems finishing the stock content now.

Not even a chair.

Poor Armstrong is going to be standing the whole campaign.

Forget Armstrong! Gastovski is going to have to take his phone calls without sitting in his hangar office. :wink_o:

Regardless, it's a shame the situation is as it is. I hope, for the sake of this community, there is a few people willing to carry on the torch. A rare jewel like this is worthy of that. If I haven't said it yet: Thank you for reigniting this timeless classic. One that serves a great deal of good old memories. :notworthy:

Edited by colossus

First of all link with demo missions is broken.

FEEDBACK TO CAMPAIGN (veteran):

Combined arms:

Balance: proper. This is rather spectators mission, but i like to watch from half a click this mess whith little influence.

Problems:

- i've met situation when even when HQ has warned me about russian tanks, they simply didn't arrived,

- always commander (and because of this whole sqad) retreates very slowly. This cause often T80s whipe out whole squad. Once commander gave stupid order to kill some enemy in village when T80 were there. Final is obvious :)

Alert:

Balance: proper.

Problems:

- i'v met situation when driver of evac truck (this which is comes near the end of mission) was killed and because of this there was no order to mount and back to base.

Montigniac must fall:

Problems:

- none,

Additional comment:

Hey, first time i've finished this mission without problems!

- truck stopped in Montigniac properly (commander was alive),

- truck came to Province properly (after arrival it was edstroyed),

- bmp was destroyed by law-man (he alived, but i've nottice report about enemy RPG-man in village, this give me a chance if law-man was dead),

- squad retreated properly (commander died earlier),

I don't know if this is just luck, but now everything gone smoothly.

After Montigniac:

Balance: to random at the beginning (after this: proper). Enemy forces are too perceptive. I died at least 10 times on the very beginning trying sneake or hide. There is no way to do it.

I don't know if there is random spread of ruskies, but i've draw set where two tree man squads patroled my position. At the end i've made suicide run with killing everyone and i've done it.

But i remember that this wasn't style of original mission (i think one of the best in the whole campaign).

Problems:

- still something wrong is with meeting with resistance.

I played this mission only once and here is detailed description what i've done:

- i arrived to the camp, and i've been cauhted by ruskies (cutscene appears),

- i appeared in the tent,

- resistance attacked camp,

- when commander of rusikies was shooted i took his weapon,

- i leaved area of the tent (not too much),

- resistance guys started eliminate ruskies in vicinity,

- i were shooted by some ruskie who attacked the camp attracted with firefight,

- i loaded autosave,

- resistance attacked camp one again and eliminated guards,

- i done nothing (just lied on the floor of tent),

- cutscene with conversation appeared

Additional comment:

Still something wrong is with this cutscene. Maybe this is a problem of leaving the tent or maybe i grabed enemies weapon. I dont know.

Rescue:

Problems:

- when commander is dead: i've met situation when civilians just lied on the ground. There is no way to acomplish goal of cleaning the village (i've tried this couple of times). When civilians runs away, they do it by them own. I have no influence on them route.

- when commander is alived: i don't remember that i were truck driver ever. But maybe i am wrong.

Even when i've finish mission this goal was unchecked.

Undercover:

Problems:

- on the second guardpost (this with officer), often happens that my squad instead of run into the forrest attacks backups who comes with truck,

- additionaly when some russian soldier run away, they chase him (then they met BMP and this is the end of the squad),

Of course when they all are dead, "i am once again on my own".

Edited by kromka

Thanks for the feedback, especially the balancing helps us to determine if the missions with todays AI are too tough or too easy.

After Montignac is a pretty hard one, always was. Back in the early days it was one of the missions where I thought many times "Oh come on, you can't finish this one". :)

Yes, eventually there are simply too many enemies around. I consider reducing the amount of enemies in cadet mode, and give the full "experience" only when playing in veteran mode.

I must check the mission again, but yes eventually leaving the tent could cause problems.

"Montignac must fall" I just recently worked on again. It works fine all the time for me, but not our beta tester. I hope that I can look into the reported issues soon and have another campaign version ready for the holidays.

Mission download is fixed now. :)

good one about Armstrong standing, while Gastowski woun't have a chair to sit in his hangar for some phone chit-chats... The two guys who sat on their chairs during whole cold war crisis campaign! :D

what were the names of the pilot and tankman, those should be blamed for sitting in their "cockpits" LOL

since i'm at it, wolle is guilty too! for sitting on his chair and reading what i wrote :p

ye, and santa! he's sitting in his deer ride...

After Montinac mission is uber for those who really played it to the max during OFP era. Meh, i captured and repaired that Hind in cwr3 demo, i got borred of driving armour to the repair shop at "undisclosed" location (my tiny secret), so Hind with no tailrotor was way faster way to get there... sadly the end is still the same >.< even when you fly over the capture location.

Edited by Gedis

what were the names of the pilot and tankman, those should be blamed for sitting in their "cockpits"

Hammer and Nichols.

The default units are pretty much the same for Army and Marines, only thing is that some marine vehicles aren't available.

For Xmas, find us a skilled (modeler/texturer) staff, and we'll offer a chair to Armstrong, !

kromka, thanks for feedback, always useful!

Veteran.

Some SP mission haven't numbers in titles.

SP Bomberman (winter)

Balance:

- infrantry in the village - too easy. I think this is caused they dont take cover at all. I wiped them out alone, even without help of US infrantry.

- armoured - tank is too perceptive. It returns fire even when i am shooting to guy near the foot of the mountain at the very beginning.

Problems: none

Additional remarks:

- there is too less time to place charges on the road. I don't remember original mission but two additional minutes would be well seen.

SP Counterstrike:

Balance:

-first counterattack: too easy (additional bmp should be there),

- second counterattack: proper,

- attack to the base: proper

Problems: none.

SP Steal the UAZ:

Problems:

- sometimes sombody shoots to hind

- this mission should be named "Steal the car"

SP Eye for an eye:

Problems:

- until fullfil first objective option "save" is disabled

SP Harsh Winter:

Balance: proper

SP Steal the car II

Balance: proper (maybe littlebit too easy).

SP Lone wolf (winter)

Balance: little bit too easy. Maybe some additional patrol or something like that.

SP Kill them all (winter)

Balance and additional remarks: stupid mission. Typical save/load one. I remember it in OFP, but it should be forgotten.

For me this mission is very difficult. Because of two reason: mp5 is accurate only in short distance (one reason) and when i try to achieve short distance by entering between buildings i am circled by AI and this is totally random (second reason). I don't know. Maybe i just play this mission wrong. Of course i can take AK from dead body and try to shoot on long distance but probably AI will kill me soon.

Problems: driver of last truck with reinforcements try to escape using truck. But fortunatelly he stops about 100 meters from village (i dont know why).

SP Bomberman

The same as "Bomberman winter"

Problems: missing radio commands (instead of text variables appear)

SP Ground Attack I

Balance: proper (this is very easy mission, but there is hard to do anything with this)

Problems:

- messages that convoy is destroyed and i should go to base appears, but goal is not included,

- probably because of above, after landing in H circle mission don't want to end

- i can use properly guided missles only in manual fire mode (this is rather not a mission problem)

- i met situation that my gunner ignored t82

SP Heavy Metal

Balance: little bit to easy

SP Clean Sweep I

Balance: proper

Problems:

- if i am only who survive, evac chopper arrives but don't want to land (just fly from one point to another) probably beacause there is nobody who can give order "go into the chopper" which cause landing act

SP Lone Wolf

Balance: little bit too easy. Maybe some additional patrol or something like that.

Problems:

- even when two T80s are destroyed goal is still not included

SP Sniper Team

Balance: quiet easy. More patrols between camp and targets should be added.

Problems:

- message that extraction point is set to EG45 apperas when i am almost in this extraction point. I took a hummmer and driven west to DF51. From this point i walked north, i crossed the road headed to EG45

Edited by kromka