Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

I didn't say you couldn't remove the magazines/weapons, I was just saying it's not a thing like unit enableCM true; (which is what my original post way way back when was about).

When I click on the Lone Wolf scenario, I get the error, "Picture cwr2_sp07.paa not found."

W0lle and I are bandying about ideas for these flares. I think he and I are both leaning towards the no flares option because we're both concerned about the impact on all missions, including user ported ones using Mikero's excellent cwr2ofp.pbo. That said, I'm willing to do some work related to post v.1 experimentation, whatever shape that takes. What I would like to avoid is try to read declassified Russian flight manuals. If anyone has information handy about specific helicopters around this 1982-1985 time frame, it would not hurt to share them with me.

Wouldnt it be relative easy to remove the flare magazines in the missions init.sqf?

Or what about the other way: put the flare weapon but not the magazines in the config. Then people can add flares if they want it in their mission.

Wow. Can't believe missed this. Thank you guys vermuch. Awesome work!

omg, im installing the original OFP as I read this lol

---------- Post added at 03:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 ----------

Is there another mirror that wont take 3 hours to download. or that wont save to internet explorer document?

rightclick -> save as...

Or use a real browser. :rofl:

It's ~3.5 GB, that takes a while to download. :)

Wouldnt it be relative easy to remove the flare magazines in the missions init.sqf?

Or what about the other way: put the flare weapon but not the magazines in the config. Then people can add flares if they want it in their mission.

I think you may be able to just add the weapons as easily. But like I said, this is a question on who should bear the burden of init line spamming: the people who are trying to put them in or take them away?

thanks. i just realized that yikes

Personally I think that the counter measures should be added. I want to experience OFP with all the bells and whistles of arma2. If a mission gets tougher/easier so be it, if a mission gets broken remove the magazines for that mission. Imho.

At launch Iget "requires 1.57". And when selecting a mission and trying to play it tells me " something something has been deleted that it is dependent on and it gives me a list of a bunch of addons or vehicles. I know one of the addons was "Noe" so i assume that is an island.

At launch Iget "requires 1.57". And when selecting a mission and trying to play it tells me " something something has been deleted that it is dependent on and it gives me a list of a bunch of addons or vehicles. I know one of the addons was "Noe" so i assume that is an island.

Do you have Combined Operations or just ArmA 2?

If it's saying you need 1.57, you should be at that version or greater.

v1.60 is required for the Mod. You also need ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead.

"something something has been deleted that it is dependent on and it gives me a list of a bunch of addons or vehicles"

Now that doesn't really help mate, a few more details wouldn't hurt cause 'something something' we don't have in the Mod. ;)

ok, I just realized I only have Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. doh! So this means I need to purchase a copy of Combiined Ops? might be a dumb question

Edited by Chammy

ok, I just realized I only have Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. doh! So this means I need to purchase a copy of Combiined Ops? might be a dumb question

No. Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead merge together to make Combined Ops so you technically have it. You just need to make sure that they are "merged" together and you are at v1.60.

Essentially you have to run ArmA 2 as a mod for OA.

Yessss!! thank you. I got it to run finally :)

Alright, we finally have the Patch ready which is fixing the worst problems we introduced with Demo 4.

The NL and UK expansions will updated in the next days, Campaign/Missions tomorrow or at latest Sunday.

CHANGELOG

[FIXED] Changed crew in (now hidden) cwr2_DSHkM_Mini_TriPod

[FIXED] All US Soldiers wearing same glasses

[FIXED] V3S Open fixed shadow lod

[FIXED] Police officer model

[FIXED] All Winter units carrying RPG-75

[FIXED] Readded Zeroing to infantry weapons

[CHNGD] Improved textures/rvmats for HMMWV

[FIXED] M249 ammo belt direction

[FIXED] Stringtable in cwr2_wrecks

[FIXED] Missing crew in Tractors

Some smaller, undocumented changes/fixes.

See first post for download links.

Excellent! Thanks, WOlle. :cool:

After update you no long can replace weapons sounds with sound mods.

Still missing zeroing.

cwr2_AK74

cwr2_AK74_GL

cwr2_AKS74

cwr2_AKS74_GL

cwr2_M16A2_GL

cwr2_Steyr

Edited by Danil-ch

After update you no long can replace weapons sounds with sound mods.

Correct. And actually you were never supposed to do that, it was introduced by accident in demo 4 because lack of communication between team members. At some point we will provide an alternative config which allows that. It has no priority though.

The Steyr AUG has a fixed scope with no zeroing.

All zeroing and sound problems fixed now (hopefully), thanks to Danil-ch for quickly checking the config again and again. :)

Patch is uploaded again now. If you have downloaded the patch already, please download it again.

471314211806216.jpg

A scene from DayZ? No, it's a standing dead Russian soldier in Ambush scenario. :eek:

Zombies everywhere these days.

Yeah sometimes they need a while until they die. Noticed that recently with Takis as well. 3 bullets in the head and he was just standing there.

Has anyone completed the Ambush scenario? I am having dire problems with it. Is there any way to complete it with some degree of success if all other members of alpha squad are dead? That happens quite frequently, as you are not squad leader and thus have no control over the team, and team switching is not possible as other squad members are unplayable. It seems that when all other alpha members are dead, no matter what the situation you are in, you are told to return to base, and if you do so: Mission Failure ("All is lost"). :(