Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

I'm having an issue in which some winter units, such as the Squad Leader, look like they have rpgs on their backs.

Edited by Lucidity

up until then it was basically a WW2-era steel helmet ('turtle shell', not the more familiar 'Brodie' helmet) with an improved liner.

http://www.militariarg.com/uploads/4/2/2/1/4221080/2344518.jpg?691

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ryUi6ggFRGc/TWLGo5q8NSI/AAAAAAAAEbU/Vinl4-4THSw/s1600/Mk+IV+Hessian.jpg

http://combathelmets.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/british-mk-v-turtle-shell.html

True Story, and also my one has a single battered leather strap.

And according to the ol' wiki, where I got the image of the cap badge from. The horn was the cap badge of the Light Infantry from 1968 onwards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Light_Infantry

Overall Stagler's done an decent job on the British units - they're a great surprise addition to the CWR-era for me.

Thanks Da12th. Dont think anybody has said that yet haha.

Makes me chuckle sometimes that some people just think I make crap up to put in this stuff. Believe it or not me and Sander sat down for days and looked into an extensive 1980s kit list. I used photos from the falklands my uncle had saved from when he served as reference for the webbing kit, and I still have his helmet.

Edited by colonel stagler

Hello and thx for the new demo))

But i had a litle problem - i cant find new british and duch units while all other changes, like assistens for RPGs, are working fine.

Hello and thx for the new demo))

But i had a litle problem - i cant find new british and duch units while all other changes, like assistens for RPGs, are working fine.

They have their own separate download links. Make sure that you grabbed those. Other than that I don't know but make sure you find a way to download them because they are both very well done and fun to play with.

Quoted from my first post:

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Demo 4:

Download links

Download Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces:

Download links

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army:

Download links

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Demo 4 Missions:

Download links

Have you stopped reading after "Download Cold War Rearmed² - Demo 4:" ?

I really don't know how to make the links stick out even more...

Some soldier models need improving, I think.

You improve them for us? Cause from us no one has time now to tweak things. ;)

The texture of soviet helmet seems not very well. There are too much worn paint on them

On this I agree with you, but that's about it. One thing you should keep in mind: This Mod is not about 101% Realism, the goal is to bring the original OFP game back and that we're obviously about to achieve. tongue.png

Realism is only of minor importance for us.

Edited by W0lle

Just wanna say a big THANK YOU! to W0lle and Team for this great mod.

Took a whole night to download the mod and the server for the missions was down for the better part of the weekend but it is worth every single byte.

(... now off to patiently wait for the release of the campaigns ...)

Thank you guys for the update. Great work once again.

I've updated my unofficial mission pack as well.

And according to the ol' wiki, where I got the image of the cap badge from. The horn was the cap badge of the Light Infantry from 1968 onwards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Light_Infantry

The bugle horn's been used by light infantry units since... forever really - however the slight difference between the capbadge of The Light Infantry and The Rifles Regiment is that LI had a bow tied at the top (like the old King's Shropshire Light Infantry capbadge but without the 'KSLI' lettering), where the new badge for RIFLES has a crown in place of the bow (a bit like the old Durham Light Infantry capbadge without the 'DLI' lettering, and a larger crown).

light_infantry_cap_badge.JPG

The Light Infantry (1968-2007)

capbadgesterlingsilver1.jpg

The Rifles (2007-Present)

I just noticed the badges on these units have the crown, and found it an amusing anachronism is all. It doesn't really matter what badge they have given that the whole OFP/CWR campaign and units involved in it are fictional anyway: All that really matters is the bugle horn and rifle green berets to convey they're a light infantry regiment of sorts - pinning them down to specific '85-era regiments is rather out of the spirit of things. :)

I'm having an issue in which some winter units, such as the Squad Leader, look like they have rpgs on their backs.

Bugs me too, I've created ticket for it.

Thanks for your hard work guys :)

Holy crap!

I wonder what weird screw-up this is now all of the sudden. :mad:

Will look into it asap.

I just noticed the badges on these units have the crown, and found it an amusing anachronism is all. It doesn't really matter what badge they have given that the whole OFP/CWR campaign and units involved in it are fictional anyway: All that really matters is the bugle horn and rifle green berets to convey they're a light infantry regiment of sorts - pinning them down to specific '85-era regiments is rather out of the spirit of things. :)

Ill fix it when the time comes around man. Im working on a Sterling and an AWM that missed out on this first release.

The cabbage patch hat look with MK V helmets scrimmed up is entirely appropriate for British troops in the 1980's (EG mortar crew or infantry). Helmets were often left bare in NI, but the role played by HM armed forces there was generally to project a visible presence.

---

The colour of the crewman beret is in fact identical to that of the section leader and other infantrymen. It references the same texture in the config.

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\cwr2_uk\data\khaki_Jacket_co.paa","ca\characters2\indepins\data\khaki_co.paa","\cwr2_uk\data\Rifles_beret_co.paa","\cwr2_uk\data\riflesbadge_co.paa"};

The tank crewman refers both to a different beret and a different cap badge texture

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\cwr2_uk\data\khaki_Jacket_co.paa","ca\characters2\indepins\data\khaki_co.paa","\cwr2_uk\data\Beret_co.paa","\cwr2_uk\data\tankbadge_co.paa"};

---

The Jane's infantry weapons 1985/86 mentions on page 53 that the Ameli LMG, Minimi and an unspecified HK design (assumed to be the HK23) were being trialled by the SAS. Pictures from the 1991 Gulf War deployment (eg SAS. The illustrated history page 192) show the Minimi LMG's used by the SAS fitted with US M249 style rear sights instead of the original Minimi rear sights and peculiar elongated flash hiders similar to those fitted on the SLR. Using the M249 as a Minimi substitute is therefore appropriate to the 1985 setting. That goes bang when the appropriate button is pushed, so that is the main functionality sorted.

---

For any and all requests to alter the appearance of content please use the self service change request form, but be sure to check some sources for helmets of the era.

Regards,

Sander

I have a few questions

1. Why zeroing was removed from most of the weapons?

2. Why officer doesn't have a handgun?

Edited by Danil-ch

Please make a list with all weapons you should think they have zeroing, or that had zeroing and now haven't.

The pistols were removed because of the "AI with handguns" getting stuck bug. Until this is fixed, our units have no handguns by default.

Are there any plans to include the OH-58 Kiowa and the MI-2 Hoplite (the addons for OFP)? I apologize if this has already been asked.

There are no plans to include the hoplite. We plan to include every unit that was in OFP.

The pistols were removed because of the "AI with handguns" getting stuck bug. Until this is fixed, our units have no handguns by default.

On dev-h. it's marked as fixed. https://dev-heaven.net/issues/16676

Please make a list with all weapons you should think they have zeroing, or that had zeroing and now haven't.

Weapons from which zeroing were removed (they were present in demo3).

cwr2_AK74

cwr2_AK74_GL

cwr2_AKS74

cwr2_AKS74_GL

cwr2_AKS74U

cwr2_AKS74U_SD

cwr2_RPK74

cwr2_XMS

cwr2_M249

cwr2_XM177E2

cwr2_Bizon

cwr2_M16A2

cwr2_M16A2_GL

cwr2_Steyr

cwr2_FAL

cwr2_M16A1

Weapons that missing zeroing

cwr2_G36

cwr2_SVD

Edited by Danil-ch

@Danil-ch in OFP/CWA the weapons don't have a A2OA "zeroing". Thought telescopic sights with reticles should work for everyone. Weapons without telescopic sights or just ironsights should have their zero at effective ranges eg assault rifles 300m, submachine guns 100-200m, pistols 25-50m, machineguns 500-800m. The default zero for sniper rifles could be 800m. Sadly, the "AI get stuck with pistol" - bug is still/again there. Imo the rate of fire for AAA vehicles (Vulcan, Shilka) could be a little bit slower or switchable eg slow/fast or burst/auto. AI runs out of AAA ammo a bit too fast....(see SP mission "Vulcan").

Speaking of the Vulcan SP mission, is it possible to get the Defend Base objective to successfully complete? It failed twice at the end for me, even though the mission itself completed successfully.

I even killed a BMP and hung around the base until no enemies were left after the airstrike, then went to the town to end the mission. The Defend Base objective never completed or failed during play, but showed as failed in the debriefing screen.

6ed97c210374082.jpg

@Danil-ch in OFP/CWA the weapons don't have a A2OA "zeroing". Thought telescopic sights with reticles should work for everyone. Weapons without telescopic sights or just ironsights should have their zero at effective ranges eg assault rifles 300m, submachine guns 100-200m, pistols 25-50m, machineguns 500-800m. The default zero for sniper rifles could be 800m.

Yeah. Leaving out "field zeroing" for iron sights actually adds to the realism, gameplay and honest reflection of the OFP immersion.

If not having zeroing is a bug - I say let CWR2 team keep it! :)

Thanks for the valuable feedback guys. I'll look into that stuff in the next hours.

Weapons that missing zeroing

cwr2_G36

cwr2_SVD

No bug but a feature, both the G36 and SVD optics used have no zeroing. Neither in ArmA2 nor in RL. :)

After The Fall of Montiac is there a known issue with mission not ending properly played thru cpl times but does'nt end. in OFP I think they cleared thr Russian forces out of the camp but now the hold in the camp area an kill bad guys still near but mission deos'nt end.

Shows how less I know about Russian gear. Thanks, will add zeroing to the SVD then as well.

Danil-ch,

thanks for the list, I gonna check my fixes now but they all should have zeroing back now.

We definitely will release a patch sometime soon that removes all these screw-ups.

Nimoes,

I'm pretty sure I fixed that problem, but obviously it never made it into the demo campaign. :rolleyes:

So I gonna play this mission one more time to verify it's fixed and is included in the next missions patch.