Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo 4

I see that, but I don't use Play with Six. It's very sad :(

It's no different than how we released our other DLCs in the past.

The heli looks nice, but i also think its sad that the expansions only will be released via PW6/Six Updater. If i want to "social network" i rather go to a pub. Otherwise thanks for the CWR2 mod, really nice to relive old ofp memories

Please no more complaining about the method we choose to release the DLC in. It works for us. If it doesn't work for you, by all means, wait until it's released with the rest of the mod. The way we publish the DLCs will not be changing.

I really don't get this complaining about Six. Yes, in the early days it was a bit shoddy but times change and today it's fairly easy to use even for beginners. Actually except a built-in Mod browser/installer this is by far the most convenient way to grab a Mod and keep it up to date.

And exactly the latter is the reason why the Expansions are distributed at Six - if there are problems we need to fix with it, it can be done in minutes and everyone using Six has always the latest version while with a old fashioned distribution always someone using an outdated version and then can't join servers or reporting problems already fixed.

If there are no bugs reported with this Expansion in the next two weeks, we will provide an oldschool download link as well. If you run a server/squad with our Mod and don't use Six, I also can pass you the link and you then make sure you always distribute the latest version. ;)

Guess people just like to see another download option (maybe as backup for worst case?) for new content/packs. Thought there is nothing wrong with optional oldschool download links.... To download a download tool only and exclusively to download certain addons/mods maybe feels a little bit like EA/Ubisoft forcing their DRM on people. Keep the freedom of choice and avoid the "monopoly (of comfy) "! ;)

I understand your point of view, and you're right, but, like W0lle said, a classic http link will be available when we'll be sure that it's bug free ;) So, everyone who have it, please, report any bugs you find!

Guess people just like to see another download option (maybe as backup for worst case?) for new content/packs. Thought there is nothing wrong with optional oldschool download links.... To download a download tool only and exclusively to download certain addons/mods maybe feels a little bit like EA/Ubisoft forcing their DRM on people. Keep the freedom of choice and avoid the "monopoly (of comfy) "! ;)

Like I said, enough with the complaining please. I'm trying to do this without moderating my own thread but that option is not off the table.

Above all, I take extreme exception to the premise we are forcing you to do something. Download our work for free or don't. The choice is yours.

No complains - just thinking what people might feel or not with "exclusively available on.... " Better overview about "oldschool vs newschool" would be a unbiased comparison of dl stats (complete dl's) from websites and download tools. But its your decision anyway - so back to CWR2 and its new CH-47D! :)

This is an interim beta DLC release and allows us to do incremental development and releases without a whole lot of work overhead involved in releasing, and also without redistributing massive amounts of data. I believe this approach is new, but it does not replace the old way of releasing with mirrors and all that. This helicopter will be released bundled with our next major release, as the other DLCs before it.

Been playing this for a couple of days now, it's amazing. Reliving these awesome moments again from OFP in the RV3 engine is such a great experience. Thanks, to all involved.

It's not about old school or new school, it's about being efficient. Six Updater is a faster way to upload things since you don't have to upload all the mod again, just an update and leave it good to go. Also you don't need to use Play with Six, you can just download Six Updater and use it to download the mod (since it downloads faster than in multiupload for example).

I was skeptical about Six Updater at first, but then I saw how good developed it was and I'm loving it.

BTW I'm going to try this for sure, just to play in Montignac again

Wanted to ask and sorry if it was asked and answered already, does it works flawlessly without errors with ACE?

Been playing with ACE for so long I do not feel like playing anything without it lol xd

Edited by Sakowski

It is not designed to work with ACE so if it works flawlessly it would be quite a nice surprise.

off-topic,

at first I was VERY sceptical about six updater too, but the will to try ace with AA2 was just too high and I had to learn that D.O.S. look alike program to finally see the fruits, then nor did I hate it nor did I loved it.

But now "Play with Six" is looking childishly easy to use (easy things needs a genius/es to design/build and progress gave birth to it) and it just does everything for you.

on-topic,

Why schnorkel pipe is removed from the rear of T-80BV's turret? It looks like stripped (I bet hidden selections with removed scripts is the cause)...

OI! What have you guys done to my beloved campaign mission "after montinac"? No more enterable hostile vehicles? I keep my hopes high, since I haven't tryed the jackpot - Hind, yet...

and yet again I'm sinking to cold war atmosphere brought by ofp, and you peeps :)

P.S. this summary is about beta 4.

Edited by Gedis

Wanted to ask and sorry if it was asked and answered already, does it works flawlessly without errors with ACE?

Been playing with ACE for so long I do not feel like playing anything without it lol xd

You can play with ACE, but you might encounter some bugs. The most notably is that the M60 tank is almost indestructible if you play with ACE (other Tanks work fine)

The most notably is that the M60 tank is almost indestructible if you play with ACE (other Tanks work fine)

Seriously? I encountered bigger problems with T-72, which is very well protected against APFSDS, but is easier destroyed by HEAT. Funny. :D

Guys, Patch #2 is available now and hopefully fixes the worst things introduced in the last patch. It also adds the recently released Chinook as well as some other small additions and tweaks. The NL and UK Expansions have small fixes too and a new mission package is available as well.

See first post for links. Mirrors and bug reports are always welcome.

Next stop: Public Beta of the whole Mod :cool:

Import if you install the Mod for the first time:

1) Install CWR² Demo 4

2) Install Patch #1 (confirm overwriting files)

3) Install Patch #2 (confirm overwriting files)

Patch #1 is not included in Patch #2. For easier install or maintenance Play with Six is recommended.

Edited by W0lle

Good news, thanks.

Cold War Rearmed² Demo 4 - British Armed Forces Expansion v1.01 - is this a new version, or BAF fixes included in Patch 2? I don't remember previous version of BAF expansion :(

----

Oh, okay, I see it. Thanks again.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14567

Edited by TheChaos

Great news!

Anyway, what will be included in the beta:

Really the whole things? Campaigns, SP missions, and all units,vehicles,weapons etc...?

Thx for update CWR 2 team.

@Wiki

Public beta of whole mod so i hope :D that we will have also all campaigns and missions.

Great news!

Anyway, what will be included in the beta:

Really the whole things? Campaigns, SP missions, and all units,vehicles,weapons etc...?

Yes, the complete Mod with everything. Actually we just need a proper Guba and Angelina, and one retextured civilian car as replacement for the Skoda Rapids.

Some minor work needs to be done with the campaigns and then it's ready, in theory at least.

But be warned already, it might be full of bugs which needs to be fixed first so eventually there will be as much Betas as Demo versions already :rofl:

Thanks CWR2 for your continuous effort on this great mod!

and a new mission package is available as well.

Can you elaborate some more on the new missions or the changelog for the existing ones please?

Taken from the missions readme:

Changelog for the campaign:

Combined Arms

-------------

* Warning about T-80s comes later when tanks are moving already

* One squad moves into the village later so there's a late firefight shortly before the retreat

Alert

-----

* Driver of the evac truck is invincible now

Montignac must fall

-------------------

* Complete mission overhaul, should be okay now and a bit more interesting/challenging

After Montignac

---------------

* Added leaving UH-60 when final flight is announced

* Set all sides to friendly during final cutscene

* Resistance appears a bit later now after player is in tent

Rescue

------

* Objective 2 is marked as complete when player reaches the camp

* Leader of players group is assigned as truck driver

Changelog for the SP Missions:

General

-------

Fixed min/mid/max scores for all Missions

Bomberman (Winter)

------------------

* AI in town goes in combat mode when bluefor is detected

* Added one minute delay before the convoy moves

Bomberman

---------

* AI in town goes in combat mode when bluefor is detected

* Added one minute delay before the convoy moves

* Fixed missing strings

Steal the UAZ

-------------

* Hint set to captive

Counterstrike

-------------

* Added another BMP-1 to first attack

Heavy Metal

-----------

Increased enemy skill by 0.1

Clean Sweep I

-------------

Script fixed when player is alone, helicopter will not come then

Lone Wolf

---------

Fixed destroyed tanks detection *facepalm x2*

What was reported before but not fixed in here was not fixable, or no need to fix (or forgot about it).