Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Just got a discount coupon for the BIS store, because I pre-ordered early and missed out on the sale. Thanks BIS, it's great that you listened to those of us that have been complaining about this. Like I said back then, it's not about the money, so I will probably never cash in the coupon, but the gesture is much appreciated. It didn't seem right that the loyal customers who preordered early should pay more than those who waited.

I got it too. :D

Just got a discount coupon for the BIS store, because I pre-ordered early and missed out on the sale. Thanks BIS, it's great that you listened to those of us that have been complaining about this. Like I said back then, it's not about the money, so I will probably never cash in the coupon, but the gesture is much appreciated. It didn't seem right that the loyal customers who preordered early should pay more than those who waited.

I'm going to use the 5 USD discount coupon when I buy ArmAIII.

If we do the subtraction and apply it to the DLC, it works out pretty cheap.

All's well that ends well.

Yeah, I got the discount coupon, too. I wasn't particularly upset about the sale after putting in the order and, just like Johan S said a few posts back, it's not the money that matters - it's a really nice gesture and I appreaciate it. This reinforces my belief that BIS is one of a few companies that deserve support. Thanks a lot.

@BIS,

Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic offers the most modern british ground and air vehicles; all of them created with the strict attention to detail. Every vehicle in the game can be controlled by both players and AI alike and provides features authentic to each vehicle.

First bullet point on that page :p

As for the actual vehicles, seems like a really good selection if you ask me, really looking forward to using the Dingo 2 :)

Edited by STALKERGB

In addition to that here are some corrections in the "Character" section

Sgt. Bohuslav Kouba

Sgt. Bohuslav Kouba was born in Vyškov in 1983 to a "military family". He joined the Army of Czech Republic because he wanted some adventure and because of his father. He passed the basic training in Vyškov and then he got to the 102nd recon battalion in Prostějov. He found his passion for the army here and thanks to his outstanding record he was promoted to sergeant.

He fortified his place as a platoon leader in several successful foreign missions. Cpt. Kristek made a suggestion for him to go study college and become an officer. He hesitates and even before going to the next mission he is not sure.

in the "Vehicles" section, fourth feature it says "zerooing" instead of "zeroing".

5th feature: Speed differs according to the surface type.

Next feature I am not sure if it belongs there because these are not in the DLC: "rotor downwash effects for helicopters and VTOL aircraft. "

I hope it's useful :) (and 100% correct since I am not a native speaker as well)

Edited by PurePassion

The BVP-1 and L-159 pictures on that page are wrong. That BVP-1 is clearly a BMP-2 and the L-159 is the L-39.

Yes on both counts. BVP-1 picture looks like BVP-2 (much longer 30mm AC instead of 73mm recoilless, BMP-2 style two-crew turret). And the aircraft pictured is a two-seater trainer variant (and does indeed look like L-39 instead of L-159). Not that it wouldn't be nice to see some two-seater trainer aircraft and BVP-2s in the DLC as well.

Better gonna stop nitpicking now, the DLC still has some time to release, I am sure these are just simple website errors.

And yeah, thanks for the 5$ preorder coupon BIS! Might just convince me to finally get ToH as well :)

Edited by fraczek
mistakes etc

It kinda is - with low resolution textures in the 1.61 release candidate patch. Just be advised that you can't revert that patch and must reinstall the game if you want to go back to 1.60

I'm especially looking forward to the Austrian Pandur :) Thx BIS

I got it too. :D

Yeah, me too. I didn't expect that, so thanks a lot, FAV DEV! :)

I dont understand.. is the game out?

No it has not been released. But afaik some of (maybe all?) the content is in the 1.61RC patch but low resolution. Like PMC and BAF lite etc.

I'm sure I'm just reading into this, but under the vehicles section it says this for the Pandur II: Vehicle can be transported by C-130 Hercules.

This is just real world info right? There's no way they added vehicle transport in this DLC.

I had also pre-ordered and just got the coupon, which was much appreciated!

You think BIS will release this game with a new patch like the pre x-mas gift last year :) ?

You think BIS will release this game with a new patch like the pre x-mas gift last year :) ?

Well, the low-quality assets are already in the RC patch if that's what you're asking.

I had also pre-ordered and just got the coupon, which was much appreciated!

Me too. Awesome. Thanks, BIS!

oh and a last one in the "Vehicle Feature" section, fourth feature: thermal imaging :)

is it possible to have informations about the camp and the sp mission?

on the site, it's written "15 missions, campaign, sp and template", but:

1)how many SP missions

2)how many missions in the campaign?

3)what do they call "template"?

4)who worked on the campaign and sp mission? was zipper5 involved into it?

thanks

It will be interesting with all those new features nonetheless. (they testing even more features for A3?)

I would also like confirmation on whether the Pandur can indeed be transported by the C130 using some inbuilt method, rather than a community script.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

The beta 1.61 RC3 has been released. Some of the ACR lite models are in the previous two RC's but removed for RC3.

Has anyone compiled a list of the ACR unit classnames and are the weapon/vehicle models still in the latest RC (RC3) so we can start editing missions with ACR units?

I'd like a list of the ACR classnames. More specifically, so I can save some time downloading and installing/reinstalling, I have not d/l any of the latest betas after 1.61. If they are not in the latest release then I'll try an older RC. So which 1.61 release candidate should I be working with to find information I am looking for.

EDIT: NVM.

I d/l RC3 and the vehicles/weapons/units are there. I am testing now.

Edited by PITN

Can't find any info on possible warfare support? Anyone know if we can use this faction with the wf- module?

The beta 1.61 RC3 has been released. Some of the ACR lite models are in the previous two RC's but removed for RC3.

Not exactly "removed" - all three RC contains the same data (regarding ACR LITE), the difference between RC1/2 and RC3 is only in the fact that RC3 does not replace old Arrowhead ACR units as was done by mistake in RC1 and RC2 - yet those new models are all still there, but used only by the new ACR units.

Hovever, in the full version, those old Arrowhead ACR units will get replaced by the new ones (only in config, those old models will still be present in OA characters addon).