Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

So they got rid of the Sa-58 in the DLC or is it just broken?

Why so? Some units have Sa-58

Not really happy with this dlc, definately not going to buy it...

Units are okay, but new maps are just Chernarus copy-past, but in unplayable for MP form - small.

Also, units are full of bugs, islands too.

Some ACR weapons have wrong sounds... worst BIS DLC for now.

How do you know ? It isn't out yet, only lite version in a release candidate patch...

Holy shit there are so many complainers.

Don't buy the damn DLC if you don't want it...

Nobody is forcing you to!

It is discussion sir.

If you hate critics that much, probably you're so pissed off in your life, lol.

P.s. if you don't like my comment, then don't read it, nobody is forcing you to LMAO :3

Holy shit there are so many complainers.

Don't buy the damn DLC if you don't want it...

Nobody is forcing you to!

Hmmm - not very reflective, your comment. :)

If I don't buy, the Czech units I bought with OA will turn low quality.

Also every mission maker who used the Czech OA units will be screwed because now players who want to play their missions first have to pay for the DLC to enjoy it.

And now tell me: Wouldn't you complain about that as well??

Edited by Undeceived

Forum is a public place and every opinion is welcome here :p

Deal with it.

If I don't buy, the Czech units I bought with OA will turn low quality and also every mission maker who used them will be screwed because now players who want to play their missions first have to pay for the DLC to enjoy it.

Wouldn't you complain about that as well??

Agree

If I don't buy, the Czech units I bought with OA will turn low quality and thus every mission maker who used them will be screwed because now players who want to play their missions first have to pay for the DLC to enjoy it.

Wouldn't you complain about that as well??

True that it's a problem, but it isn't related with the DLC content itself, rather with patching consequences.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

It is discussion sir.

If you hate critics that much, probably you're so pissed off in your life, lol.

P.s. if you don't like my comment, then don't read it, nobody is forcing you to LMAO :3

Sorry, but saying it's the worst DLC when it isn't even out, isn't convincing to say the least.

True that it's a problem, but it isn't related with the DLC content itself, rather with patching consequences.

Yes, that's true. I hope that BIS patches the old OA Czech units back in!

This.

The thread is for discussing the DLC, not for discussing beta patches and/or issues created by those beta patches, there's existing threads for those discussions.

Sorry, but saying it's the worst DLC when it isn't even out, isn't convincing to say the least.

Arguments?

My argument is there's not much stuff in this DLC for that price...

Just some copy-past islands and units...

Not even close to PMC and BAF in quantity of addons.

And i don't care if BUGS etc will be fixed... real price for this is about 2$ in my opinion.

So yeah, like you all said im not forced to buy it and i'm not going to.

A2: ACR Key Features:

Verdant Environments

Explore the two new summer-season terrains: Bystrica and Bukovina

Explore the two new Chernogorsk copy-paste terrains with replaced textures and some houses deleted?

I mean terrains are not really new...

Edited by kordax

This.

The thread is for discussing the DLC, not for discussing beta patches and/or issues created by those beta patches, there's existing threads for those discussions.

True. Guess that I mixed up some things here.

real price for this is about 2$ in my opinion.

Ok, that's a bit exaggerated, IMO! BI's DLCs always had much content for a fair price! There will be new missions, units, vehicles, so I think that your 2$ are going to far. :D

Ok, that's a bit exaggerated, IMO! BI's DLCs always had much content for a fair price! There will be new missions, units, vehicles, so I think that your 2$ are going to far. :D

Anyways, even 9$ for this DLC is so much for what you get.

New tank, few cars, some units, few new weapons, few new & repainted OA planes

Anyways, even 9$ for this DLC is so much for what you get.

New tank, few cars, some units, few new weapons, few new & repainted OA planes

I'm not sure if you're into editing (I can only tell you about mission editing), but you seem to forget that there's a lot of hard work behind it. Other than that BI's DLCs always had much more content than their price has let to expect (strange sentence, I know - hope you get the point :) ).

(strange sentence, I know - hope you get the point :)

It reminds me of BAF and PMC only :)

Ok, but one thing I didn't yet understand.

BIS are going to make the CZ units from Arrowhead blurry if you don't have the CZ DLC?? Or what?

If yes then I just don't get it because in that case I would have to buy those units TWICE to have them in good quality. Or am I missing something? :confused:

That is exactly what I was afraid of.

I want the OA ACR Units in full quality! even if I don´t buy the DLC. I paid for them once, and I´m sure as hell not going to pay again.

Arguments?

And i don't care if BUGS etc will be fixed... real price for this is about 2$ in my opinion.

Explore the two new Chernogorsk copy-paste terrains with replaced textures and some houses deleted?

you have been heard so you can stop repeating yourself. same shit over and over. its low quality FREE for all. yes the low quality ACR units overtaking pre-exisitng versions isnt good but a mod has already indicated its a patching problem.

TBH I won't be surprised if the quality of campaign and units is no different from PMC.

Another UAZ? Another T72? Another landrover's skin? Force recon retextured? Do we really need that?

You'd think after PMC BIS would learn the lesson that people want a proper amount of new content with a map that people will want to play on, not drop after a week, not what we already have just with a different texture.

Surely people can say that I "don't have to buy it" (although it's preordered already, wonder if it's possible to cancel) - but what if I want to buy it just with a proper quality and amount of content?

Edited by metalcraze

Arguments?

Copy and Paste, think you have the wrong angle their, members of the excellent CSLA mod are involved, i think you are very much informed. Anyway if your hating the idea of a new DLC don't buy it. Also if your moaning so much about the DLC why are you playing Arma2 and not supporting BIS?

TBH I won't be surprised if the quality of campaign and units is no different from PMC.

Is that good or bad in your opinion? :D Cause I liked the PMC-campaign pretty much. Yes, it was quite linear and BAF was better but I had a good time and I even replayed it.

Copy and Paste, think you have the wrong angle their, members of the excellent CSLA mod are involved, i think you are very much informed.

Just one question... have you seen Chernogorsk and new terrains?

Is that good or bad in your opinion? :D Cause I liked the PMC-campaign pretty much. Yes, it was quite linear and BAF was better but I had a good time and I even replayed it.

Health-regen where my soldier took 5 .50 cal bullets and still didn't die, 2 guys running around wiping out squads, gatling gun road trip, shooting UAVs with a shotgun - what do you think my opinion is?

Not to mention killing a whole battalion of tanks with a sniper rifle... ;)

Health-regen where my soldier took 5 .50 cal bullets and still didn't die, 2 guys running around wiping out squads, gatling gun road trip, shooting UAVs with a shotgun - what do you think my opinion is?

:D It wasn't health regeneration! They never were injured because they had God mode enabled. ;)

Of course the campaign design wasn't the very best - but larger scale combat missions weren't possible anyway because the PMC are not an army but only a small company.

Anyway I found the DLC to be ok for its price (which still is the subject here). And it also brought some new engine and scripting features.

That problem with old ACR units from Arrowhead being replaced with the low quality ones from LITE content is a mistake and will be fixed.

Regarding those small maps included in ACR..

How many big maps were in BAF or PMC? As far as i know, one got "Shapur", and the other one got "Proving Grounds".

With ACR you get three small maps in one DLC - i dont see how its worse than BAF or PMC.

I admit i would be happier if the summer Chernarus would be the whole map, but still i dont think this is in any way worse than BAF or PMC.

And those three maps are not just cutouts, they are different.

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

And those complaining about the price, please... :)

It costs three times less than what you would pay for one evening in a pub (for most people even less, as those 7.3 EUR is only 6 beers - no meal, no shots, just those 6 beers), well... i think some people just wont be satisfied no matter what.