Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

The one, single thing you're most looking forward to?

Easy answer, having at least 25% of the new A3 features working in MP... that would be already more than in A2.

Though I doubt that will happen seeing that something like the rope simulation in Take On Helicopters is still not working in MP 7+ months after release....

Xeno

This should not be the case though, Rope simulation in TakeOn is different (I hope) from the one that will be included in Arma 3.

Hopefully, the physX ropes will indeed be MP compatible.

Hidding in the shadow at a distance, really look forward to be hidden at long/intermediate range.

Easy answer, having at least 25% of the new A3 features working in MP... that would be already more than in A2.

Though I doubt that will happen seeing that something like the rope simulation in Take On Helicopters is still not working in MP 7+ months after release....

Xeno

BIS never changes

There's stuff in ArmA2 that isn't working years after release. Like OA has open buildings but AI can't do anything about players hiding in them. And it took BIS how many years to teach AI to shoot through windows? The barn in Chernarus has a wall AI is seeing through - nobody tries to fix that. Civilian chatter is broken since OA came out. Artillery support in OA lacks voice overs, but it works perfectly in AA2. Driver AI is broken for 3 years now. It took BIS 2 years to teach AI to not run through walls with holes in them, climbing through holes instead. And so on so forth.

But who cares about the game? Here have some ragdolls.

I can perfectly understand ambition. I appreciate ambition. But when you have so many stuff unfinished and you try to add more stuff it won't end well.

I really want a more realistic radio system. Like better communication between AI and Human players would be nice

I see,

In that case, I am very much looking forward to the new physx features which will make driving etc much more fun

@Metalcraze: can you keep your rants to appropriate threads please? We'd like to know what you're most looking forward to, not read a list of things you don't like about ArmA2.

AI vision:

Hidden characters in game behind objects. One thing that totally burned me out on ArmA2 was the fact that AI had a distinct advantage over live players for there ability to see an engage players thru bushes low grass etc. I can understand sloppy discipline but a good team working together using proper movements an still losing the advantage was somthing that turned me off later on.

I'm really looking forward to everything.

When I think of ArmA 3 I get most excited about the 3D Editor, being a editor guy...The reason for that is because I haven't seen a whole lot of footage on the new PhysX stuff, just some early videos from last year.

I look forward to everything that PhysX is going to improve, but the possibilites of a 3D Editor make me drool :butbut:

Believe it or not, but the whole equipment/uniforming system.

To blow people up and watch them flying with ragdoll;-)

And of course, everything else.

Double click on Trackir icon...

Double click on ARMA 3 icon...

...Offend my entire family by BLASPHEMING IN AMAZEMENT!!!

14 frames per second

Lol... depends if they make all the things :D

Hopefully the optimization that the game will offer in comparison to the previous title.

Hated the streaming technology that basically ground every computer (AS IN EVERY COMPUTER) down to a halt.

Less clunky graphics engine (so hopefully no more terrible texture pop / replacment flashing / whatchamacallit).

Less clunky graphics engine (so hopefully no more terrible texture pop / replacment flashing / whatchamacallit).

You mean

. Yup, I hope so too.

I am just looking forward to playing the damn thing.