• Topics

• Introducing a basic survival mod that adds hunger and water stats and makes the ingame items such as foods and fuel canister making them usable with custom sounds and animations https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3223868432     pics:     Main Features:     

For Scripters:     - for performance reasons, player's food and water values are stored locally on player, the same player on the same network machine can get the player's hunger and water value by using:

// food & water value ranges from 0 to 1, 1 = max         private _foodValue = player getVariable ["food", 1];         private _waterValue = player getVariable ["water", 1];

- however the above function won't work when a different network machine or server is getting the player's food and water value in MP, to get the player's food and water value across networks use "survivalpack_fnc_getHungerWater" function

// gets target player's hunger & water value, use this function in replacement of getVariable, because the food and water values are stored locally on player for performance reasons         [<player>] call survivalpack_fnc_getHungerWater; // returns nothing but sets three variables

// example getting the first player's hunger & water value 

[] spawn {                 _firstPlayer = allPlayers select 0;                                               [_firstPlayer] call survivalpack_fnc_getHungerWater;                                  waitUntil {!isNil "sp_recievedpacketvar_player"};                 waitUntil {_firstPlayer == sp_recievedpacketvar_player};                                                   systemChat format ["player '%1' actual food and water values are %2%4 %3%4", name sp_recievedpacketvar_player, sp_recievedpacketvar_food, sp_recievedpacketvar_water, "%"];                 systemChat format ["player '%1' displayed food and water values are %2%4 %3%4", name sp_recievedpacketvar_player, round(sp_recievedpacketvar_food * 100), round(sp_recievedpacketvar_water * 100), "%"];             };

// sets hunger & water value for target player, use -1 to avoid setting a value         [<player>, <food_value>(0-1), <water_value>(0-1)] call survivalpack_fnc_setHungerWater

// example setting the first player's hunger to 50%

[allPlayers select 0, 0.5, -1] call survivalpack_fnc_setHungerWater;

- Item classes: Adding items (through script)
                       // to player inventory         player addItem "SPItem_CanisterFuel";         player addItem "SPItem_CanisterFuelEmpty";         player addItem "SPItem_TacticalBacon";         player addItem "SPItem_CanSpirit";         player addItem "SPItem_CanFranta";         player addItem "SPItem_CanRedGull";         player addItem "SPItem_Waterbottle";         player addItem "SPItem_WaterbottleEmpty";         player addItem "SPItem_Canteen";         player addItem "SPItem_CanteenEmpty";         player addItem "SPItem_Cerealbox";         player addItem "SPItem_PowderedMilk";         player addItem "SPItem_RiceBox";         player addItem "SPItem_Pumpkin";         player addItem "SPItem_Orange";         player addItem "SPItem_BakedBeans";
                       // to a crate/vehicle/container         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_CanisterFuel", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_CanisterFuelEmpty", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_TacticalBacon", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_CanSpirit", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_CanFranta", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_CanRedGull", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_Waterbottle", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_WaterbottleEmpty", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_Canteen", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_CanteenEmpty", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_Cerealbox", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_PowderedMilk", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_RiceBox", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_Pumpkin", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_Orange", 10];         this addItemCargoGlobal ["SPItem_BakedBeans", 10];

- Animation classes:
                   sp_anim_start_eating         sp_anim_eating         sp_anim_end_eating         sp_anim_start_drinking_waterbottle         sp_anim_drinking_waterbottle         sp_anim_end_drinking_waterbottle         sp_anim_start_canister_fuel         sp_anim_canister_fuel         sp_anim_end_canister_fuel

For Modders:     - this mod is on github and is open source 
          https://github.com/Shaanig03/Arma-3-Survival-Pack-Mod
          - license "MIT License"
             P.S: also my first published mod, hope you find it useful for a scenario ^_^    
    • Hey Community,
      I just started hosting a dedicated Arma3 server and wanted to add some mods to it.
      Info: It's hosted by an alternative Steam account which doesn't own Arma 3.

So how do I add mods to my server? xD
    • Yeah that fits the bill with the other issue I mentioned but as long as the object structure is static it should be trivial to deconstruct/reconstruct the references manually.   P.s. out of curiosity what possessed you to do pointclouds in sqf? 😛
    • This player i was playing elims with on xbox made fun of my mother dying of cancer. I told him to stop. I reported him on xbox. He said it in a party so i dont have screenshots. But it really offended me and i dont know what to do.   He then sent me an xbox message where he called me the n word serval times. I already reported him to xbox but they wont do anything. But i dont feel safe with this guy in the vigor community   His gamertag is R6demon4448.