purepassion

Is Arma 3 authentic?

About the Mi-48 "Kajman", IT IS REAL AND AS IT SHOULD BE

Even in first GRAW there was this helicopter.

The only reason you newer seen it in real life is because it was build in garage,

Mi-28 and Ka-50 uses same engines so to put this rotor on havoc and remove rear one is just one day of work.

(It goes the same for MI-24 for example)

The project was closed because Mil violated rights of Kamov using their Rotor without permission.

Till this day Mil is still working on their own helix type rotor but encountered great stability problems.

Re Kajman, I thought that the cancelled Mil project was to use NOTAR concept (no tail rotor, air jets instead)? One was called Mi-42. However, I think even Mil itself in the development of Mi-28 Havoc tried (don't know if even prototyped or just proposed) several different concepts like two (offset, probably interloping) rotors and others. So all those who lauch at the Kajman, it is not so unplausible. And the thing that both are different companies? Well, even in today's Russia, a company is nothing, ruling clique is everything. Just look at recent examples. If they wanted such a helicopter and patents were in the way, they would simply "merge" both companies without a word of protest.

Simply Kamov was better from the beginning, and a main reason in many things happening there are Bribes, also Russia have no need for super new age weapons developed in mass produce they madded 50 Ka-52 alligators cause they have no need for more (and they signed weapons reduction program) its more like, we can do it if needed (or we have more for black market).

Main issue of NOTAR is that is still has a stability issue like tail rotor, (its still cheaper and better than Tail rotor) Helix rotor is stable in any speed and not need to counter it with pedals, pedals are only for aiding turns, Kamov's helix type rotors has outstanding performance and even 10y old child is able to pilot it,

Edited by Azrael000
Aditional Info

someone complaining on the post of this thread on facebook about "its still shit cause its the future"

yea...20 years is so long in the future..its not like pew pew lasers or stuff that makes you invisible

someone complaining on the post of this thread on facebook ...

Sounds like facebook reasoning to me.

Edited by NodUnit

someone complaining on the post of this thread on facebook about "its still shit cause its the future"

yea...20 years is so long in the future..its not like pew pew lasers or stuff that makes you invisible

Hmm lasers...

Bae Systems IR invisibility

Hmm maybe Homing APKWS_II Hydras like on Rah-66

I got more of this stuff, its not hard to find

And one of my best and weary old (canceled because of pilot mistake)

well what i meant was laser rifles from sci-fi games :D

The Helix design is far superior to the usual design with rear rotor, in every aspect! Extremely agile, robust and easy to pilot.

But the Kamov is currently the only one using it. But the Kamov doesn´t have the CAS capabilities of the Mil helicopters. It isn´t that far fetched that the future will bring a combination of those two.

While I don't mind the Kamil helicopter, I'd still like to see the vanilla Havoc in the game. It is my very favorite chopper :D

Actually its easy to change look of helicopter without changing its primary features and avionics to make it fly

WZ-xh1 ORCA

I made this baby without touching any internal equipment, the only thing in internal spaces of Mi-24 was modified space in cargo bay to fit weapon bay and changed landing gear position, I read much about weights and avionics and tested it in virtual aerodynamics chamber, and it should fly in real life (I'm not saying that i'm genius physician, every project has its concept and possibilities of existence)

What i think is that many people thing that physics is for computer headed nerds, while physics isn't so hard to understand and its fascinating

Edited by Azrael000

The infamous Mi-48 "Kajman" does not exist in real life . Its a mixture of a Mi-28 Mi-24 and Ka-50 which might exist but only if two Russian factories will collapse in one . They dont like each other alot and probably will never create anything like that . They are sort of at holy war with each other trying to make one of two different helicopter systems main in russian army. But I would definately fly in that amazing mixture of helicopters with huge pleasure . Specially if it will act like it should =]

Russia isn't really mentioned in any of the literature. I think people have speculated that it is a result of foreign spies.

Russia isn't really mentioned in any of the literature. I think people have speculated that it is a result of foreign spies.

TRUE... beside even if it would be mentioned in literature it would not be 100% confirmed informations, all governments in all countries have their little secrets they protect with life

In Arma3 OPFOR base security on Lemnos will be partly provided by a Russian-based private military company. In the real world in 2010 Russia and Israel signed a long-term agreement on military co-operation and Russia made it's first military purchase from Israel. Russian Defence Minister Anatoly Serdyukov said Russia is "studying seriously and attentively" experience and practices of Israel's military as it modernizes its army. In Arma3 I expect the Russian contracters to be armed with state of the art Russian and Israeli armaments.

In Arma3 OPFOR base security on Lemnos will be partly provided by a Russian-based private military company.

Since last week, there is not anymore story about the Russian PMC faction. It seems to be the Greek one now.

Since last week, there is not anymore story about the Russian PMC faction. It seems to be the Greek one now.

Thanks for pointing that out mate. I read all the new campaign intel on the official Arma3 website but didn't even notice that all the original intel had been removed. That sucks, I really wanted a Russian faction.:icon_sad:

My Answer:

As long as BIS keeps the admitted route, to not do the scale of maps, etc a 100% like in RL, it's simply not authentic.

I Personally, who loves large-scale missions, either Online or SP, powered by realism-mods like ACE, find this a HUGE downside and i was shocked that a BIS Developer admitted some time ago that ArmA3 will not be 100% scale like in RL.

mr.g-c you can't have all at the same time! There are player who are used to play in 'shoeboxes' and just overwhelmed about the possibilities of Armaverse. Lets see if A3 will get more funny console signs and screen clutter - just for the sake of profit. ;)

My Answer:

As long as BIS keeps the admitted route, to not do the scale of maps, etc a 100% like in RL, it's simply not authentic.

I Personally, who loves large-scale missions, either Online or SP, powered by realism-mods like ACE, find this a HUGE downside and i was shocked that a BIS Developer admitted some time ago that ArmA3 will not be 100% scale like in RL.

So Limnos, which is 3 times bigger than Chernarus, does not make for an authentic experience, but Chernarus does?

a BIS Developer admitted some time ago that ArmA3 will not be 100% scale like in RL.

Thats as in not directly to scale with Limnos in reality in comparison to its digitised rendition, not to say its any less smaller than we are used too in the gaming world.

Sometimes its not the scale of the island its the landscapes, choke points, over-watch areas, land for ground vehicle battles, and overall usage that's important, plus its immersive look when on the ground.

Most missions are people scoping scenario based arenas to work within the frame of the mission type on the whole island most of the time anyway, even open MP whole island sandboxes can seem contrived when its a lot of travelling than fighting sometimes ("sometimes" .. they are good anyway).

I dont think even now I have covered the entirety of Chernarus obsolutely, your are still flying past or missing areas for mission reasons.

Edited by mrcash2009

So Limnos, which is 3 times bigger than Chernarus, does not make for an authentic experience, but Chernarus does?

I think the "problem" is not related to the overall size of the map, but rather about the island not being 100% to scale. I understand the concern, but I don't share it. As long as the island looks and feels realistic, any problems will basically be imaginary.

I would think that if it was a fictitious island then it would have no real comparison and then no issue would really surface.