Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

SLX_GL3 was the pbo made for the Arma2 version of SLX, get GL4 mod and run it with COSLX.

This might be my last post for sometime til I can pay my internet bill, so if you post with questions don't

expect a reply from me till may be in mid Dec sometime or even the new year, cant say for sure, til then.

SLX_GL3 was the pbo made for the Arma2 version of SLX, get GL4 mod and run it with COSLX.

This might be my last post for sometime til I can pay my internet bill, so if you post with questions don't

expect a reply from me till may be in mid Dec sometime or even the new year, cant say for sure, til then.

Thank you :)

Is it possible people without SLX who join my locally hosted server running SLX will get freezes and/or crashes? I seems my friends who do not have SLX on my SLX enabled server get disconnected after a while.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Hey Orcinus,

I

I would think if anything the weapons would need to be a separate container or object if that were the term so that its free from the body,

most times it is, but then all depends too on how the Ai got killed, more trouble is found when an Ai soldier is on their back,

thats when it gets tricky to pick up launchers, even weapons sometimes.

I would settle for the ability to switch off weapon-dropping.

SLX has another problem IMHO - if you grab a launcher in a hurry (e.g., to attack armour that just killed your AT guy) your ammo doesn't go into the corpse's inventory, it simply disappears - and it's magazines for your rifle that vanish first. Get the tank but then finding you have something like a couple of satchel charges, some smoke grenades and half a magazine of bullets to fend off a horde of baddies is really annoying.

BR

Orcinus

Ok guys apparently I have til dec 9th, lol anyways to answer questions if i may:

@Juggernaut

I suggest that they check thier RPT's, as well as check your own to see if there is anything coming for SLX, if they are then please report it.

SLX has another problem IMHO - if you grab a launcher in a hurry (e.g., to attack armour that just killed your AT guy)

your ammo doesn't go into the corpse's inventory, it simply disappears - and it's magazines for your rifle that vanish first.

I think i had this happen before, only thing I can think of is switch weapons or grab is ammo.

hi

first of all i'd like to thank Gunter for all his work on this. I am new to the Arma series [haven't owned a PC since my P3 450 when I used to play Flashpoint] and it has helped a lot to have this resource of tidied up mods to get started.

Currently I am playing with a cherry picked version of COSLX, GL4, ASR_AI, JSRS sounds. This combination has been giving me incredible battles with very little effort in the editor:

Playing as BAF Bluefor in Takistan, all my infantry except the player group are sync'd to a GL4 Custom Module. They each have one Search and Destroy waypoint beyond the battle area, which is an area of the map with several villages. I have a Jackal section and an AH64 in reserve, out of the immediate battle area. they are sync'd to the GL4 Custom Module but don't have any specific waypoints.

The enemy comprises insurgents. Several groups are placed in villages and sync'd to a GL4 Defend Module which means they will garrison the villages and call for reinforcements. Several other groups are garrisoned in towns elsewhere with Pick Ups available for transport, should they choose, and sync'd to the GL4 Custom Module. they have no waypoints.

With this setup, every single time I approach one of the occupied villages I am fired on from upper storey windows. the other Bluefor groups are advancing in bounds , using covered approaches etc. if the enemy pins me down for long enough the reinforcements start appearing in pick ups. meanwhile the Jackals and the Apache start appearing - I am not sure yet if this is a result of info sharing or if the other Bluefor groups are calling them as reinforcements.

In short, it is a different mission every time with almost no effort expended on waypoints, no need for triggers etc etc. Much of this is down to GL4 but SLX adds the icing to the cake.

JJ

Ok guys apparently I have til dec 9th, lol anyways to answer questions if i may:

I think i had this happen before, only thing I can think of is switch weapons or grab is ammo.

Hi Günter

Firstly, I wish you a great Christmas and a really fine 2012; & I hope finances work out much better for you.

OK, I've been having a look at the dropped weapons issue - wow, I hadn't realised how radically you have restructured Solus' original files, must have been much more work than I thought. I've got most of the dropping REM'd out, need to finalise this as a temporary fix. For SP 'destroy weapons' probably isn't hugely important in most missions (please CMIIW).

I found COSLX isn't compatible with DAC 3c, which is a pity.

The "standing dead" issue seems to be very much mission-dependent, must be conflicts with mission scripts. Doesn't worry me that much.

BR

Orcinus

Gunter, in your bug list you have included slx_ai and slx_identify as a probable cause for, "both an enemy and a frienly AI in the same yard take some time before they spot each other even when running directly into one another."

Actually, I don't have these two pbo's and yet I still see this behavior. I do have SLX_Findcover pbo, as well as ASR_ai skill and ACE.

The "standing dead" issue seems to be very much mission-dependent, must be conflicts with mission scripts. Doesn't worry me that much.

I seemed to experience this more and it happens more frequent since 1.60 so for the moment I have taken out SLX.

I am using these files below from the SLXCO and have not experienced any standing dead in a long time. Although I am not sure if other things can go wrong with what I have. I can't get ACE, Blastcore, ASR AI, and SLX to work perfectly all the time though. Cars never burn or smoke with ACE and blastcore together, and sometimes my AI team simply won't listen for periods during my created missions with SLX present with the others here.

Slx lying

Slx anim crawl

slx anim death

Slx anim injured

Slx anim prone

Slx steeplying

Slx anims

Slx cloud

Slx find cover

Slx slx mod man armour

Slx netcode

Slx ragdoll

slx no move object

Slx remove first aid

Slx remove heal action

Slx shout

Slx surrender

Slx wounds

Slx slx wounds ais

Slx wounds heads

Edited by stevedrumsdw

I am running COSLX with A2OA 1.60 patch, no other AI mods. I am experiencing the same willingness in help to provide first aid, drag to safety etc. as COSLX has had previously.

But I can no longer provide first aid anymore, and - the other way around - when my teammates try to patch me up it doesn't help. They come to my rescue, do their first aid animation and so on, but I don't "heal". Something must have happened in 1.60?

When I select First Aid from the action menu for a teammate to help him, my character does not do anything, as if he doesn't enter into the First Aid "mode"

-OP

I am running COSLX with A2OA 1.60 patch, no other AI mods. I am experiencing the same willingness in help to provide first aid, drag to safety etc. as COSLX has had previously.

But I can no longer provide first aid anymore, and - the other way around - when my teammates try to patch me up it doesn't help. They come to my rescue, do their first aid animation and so on, but I don't "heal". Something must have happened in 1.60?

When I select First Aid from the action menu for a teammate to help him, my character does not do anything, as if he doesn't enter into the First Aid "mode"

-OP

I'm having the same problem as well so it doesn't appear to be an isolated incident. Using ASR_AI as well though.

Thanks for the feedback, will raise an issue on cit

Edit: The problem is not in a mod-free A2OA 1.60 install, only when using COSLX.

For experimenting, I tried AI FIRST AID SUPPORT 4.7.1 by DAP (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111819). That works quite well, healing happens, nice willingness to help. If used together with COSLX, I get CTDs the moment I get shot, seems to be a very unstable combination.

I really hope the First Aid in COSLX can be fixed, as I have become quite fond of it

Edited by Old_Painless

Hm, must have been a glitch. Now with COSLX healing/first aid works again, (test case is the BAF scenario B03) where I previously could not get healing to work. Dunno what that could have been :confused:

Thanks for the feedback, will raise an issue on cit

Edit: The problem is not in a mod-free A2OA 1.60 install, only when using COSLX.

For experimenting, I tried AI FIRST AID SUPPORT 4.7.1 by DAP (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111819). That works quite well, healing happens, nice willingness to help. If used together with COSLX, I get CTDs the moment I get shot, seems to be a very unstable combination.

I really hope the First Aid in COSLX can be fixed, as I have become quite fond of it

DAP has a routine that inactivates it if it detects SLX or ACE wounds, see DAP & others comments in the thread. Not sure about your CTDs, maybe it's something to do with the patch. Various people posted about DAP simply not working with ACE / SLX, but AFAICR not about CTDs.

BR

Orcinus

Thanks for the feedback, will check my rpt file if I get a new CTD (and send dumps to Dwarden)

Gunter, in your bug list you have included slx_ai and slx_identify as a probable cause for, "both an enemy and a frienly AI in the same yard take some time before they spot each other even when running directly into one another."

Actually, I don't have these two pbo's and yet I still see this behavior. I do have SLX_Findcover pbo, as well as ASR_ai skill and ACE.

Same issue here. I'm not using any SLX ai pbo, but I do use ASR and DAPMAN.

Same issue here. I'm not using any SLX ai pbo, but I do use ASR and DAPMAN.

This issue isn't necessarily related to SLX - there is a CIT on this IIRC for vanilla 1.60 & subsequent betas. Will be interesting to see whether the upcoming 1.61 patch changes that, & what then happens with SLX.

On another point (standing dead) there are some known issues with anims when a unit dies. See this CIT:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/1684

Don't know when that might be fixed but again, when it is fixed it will be interesting to see if the SLX issue is resolved or not.

@folgore - DAPMAN has a routine that inactivates it if it detects ACE_wounds or SLX (vanilla). I've no idea what SLX file/script(s) DAPMAN looks for. Does DAPMAN actually work with COSLX? - I can't test it myself as I have never got DAPMAN to work (though one version did actually function for enemy medics - only :()

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
typos

Hi guys!

I had posted in my other threads for WarMod.

Im currently at the library with limited time, and yes I still have no internet.

Anyways, I will have the following when I get back, and im hoping in February:

-A2SLX Full version 2.5 (Arma2)

-A2SLX Patch version 2.5 (Arma2)

-COSLX Full version 2.5 (Arma2CO)

-COSLX Patch version 2.5 (Arma2CO)

I wanted to report some good news about one of the issues on the bug list that I had recently solved.

The following

As per the Bug List on page one of the thread:

Removing the following fixes the Hpp file issues:

-SLX_ace_fixes

-SLX_aiskill

-SLX_anim_swim

I had looked at the configuration files based on an insight I had from something I found with workign on WarMod (Arma1) version.

These three files are responsible for makign the error pop up that says the HPP is required, from there when this happens you are unable to play.

As you guys know the current version of SLX (2.4) the problem files are removed and in the folder (Problem Files).

I solved the issue, so you can expect in my next update version 2.5 (apon my return) I will have a full and patch version of both A2SLX, & COSLX.

==============================

As for the issue you guys are discussing

You guys are discussing the First Aid issue as what when you give first Aid to another soldier, bandage wounds, or self first aid?

Let me know I will try to be back on tomorrow.

For me the First Aid issue is when you try to help wounded soldiers and bandage yourself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the First Aid module doesn't seem to be working at all for me.

HI Günter Severloh i testing your coslx

when i play single player mission

04:combat or 02b:combat start on helicopter and then squad jump and hurt

that no happen with the old @slx

please check it

Late reply,

For me the First Aid issue is when you try to help wounded soldiers and bandage yourself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the First Aid module doesn't seem to be working at all for me.

make sure you dont have these 2 files in the addons folder:

SLX_RemoveFirstAidAction: Removes First Aid action for people wounded with the BIS alternate injury system.

Dependencies: None.

SLX_RemoveHealAction: Removes "Heal x" action for medics. For use with SLX_Wounds.

Also make sure you have SLX_Wounds too which I'd assume you do.

i personally dont have the issue.

when i play single player mission

04:combat or 02b:combat start on helicopter and then squad jump and hurt

that no happen with the old @slx

please check it

I will look into it, thanks for the feedback.

Any other feedback please let me know as Im currently working on all the SLX and WarMod versions.

Late reply,

make sure you dont have these 2 files in the addons folder:

SLX_RemoveFirstAidAction: Removes First Aid action for people wounded with the BIS alternate injury system.

SLX_RemoveHealAction: Removes "Heal x" action for medics. For use with SLX_Wounds.

Don't have those in the addons folder. Maybe a conflicting mod I'm running is causing this? I really want to get this working again as it is a really nice feature of the addon. Anyway, looking forward to using the updated mod once it's released.