Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Hm, interesting about the weapon drop thing: I run COSLX and noticed that I could pick up a launcher from a dead AI unit, but not the missile to arm it. Could that be related? If it is not a known issue, I'll try and provide more detail

Might be nice to be able to disable the SLX auto-rearm if using asr_ai.

Is there an auto rearm feature in SLX? I never noticed ai picking up weapons or ammo when they were out of them...maybe it got broken by patch 1.60?

Is there an auto rearm feature in SLX? I never noticed ai picking up weapons or ammo when they were out of them...maybe it got broken by patch 1.60?

From the fine readme:

"AI's taking secondary weapons and machine guns:

If someone with a secondary weapon or a machine gun dies then another AI from their squad will attempt to come and pick up the weapon."

Still seems to work for me, though maybe on the last asr_ai upgrade I forgot to reset ASR_ai's rearm to off. I'll recheck without asr_ai & let you know.

BR

Orcinus

Feature in SLX_wounds, ya I really never noticed this either, for me at least the AI will get on a the mg on a uaz, or vehicle if the previous ai was killed.

Yes, when I bring up Gear to take the launcher, there is no missile in the list for the launcher. I'll see if I can investigate some more. Perhaps it is mission specific, if we should be able to take gear from dead AI units?

Is it possible that the soldier has fired all of his rockets and has no ammo left, certainly a possibility.

Is it possible that the soldier has fired all of his rockets and has no ammo left, certainly a possibility.

Or that some AI took it before OP got there. Similar things happen with asr_ai if you turn on rearming.

Hey guys,

Considering that Im only working on my WarMod version for Arma2CO right now til I can release it, COSLX is in the mod,

so what I will do is basically update COSLX as I have to and have already for COWarMod, I will release an updated version of COSLX.

There will be a updated full version and a patch.

This version is really not a major overhaul or anything, it has updated files, which are some fixes.

Now when I say fixes, these are some of the things I had figured out myself thorough testing and looking at the files, please understand Im really a compiler of mods,

I'm not a coder or scripter. Unless someone stands up and knows how to code and or script, or knows how to read them, and understands what to change,

and can and want to help me on some of the requests asked by you guys for both CoSLX and COSLXACE (ACE compatible version), then you guys are going to get what I can do.

It would make sense for me to just go read up and research all that stuff, but tbh, i dont have the patience for it, and nor the time, as I have my mods,

and missions, as well as other things, I'm really learning as I go, if anyone can help then its very much appreciated.

Any help only furthers and betters the mod for both existing and new players to come.

any questions let me know.

Hi buddy

As & when I get time I'm looking into 2 aspects:

1. Trying to identify which SLX features (or combination thereof) cause the 'standing dead' problem.

2. Doing some necessarily crude hacks to see if I can deactivate weapon dropping without screwing up the rest of SLX_wounds. I suspect this could break SLX's AI rearming, but Robalo's fine addon can handle that.

BR

Orcinus

Hi buddy

As & when I get time I'm looking into 2 aspects:

1. Trying to identify which SLX features (or combination thereof) cause the 'standing dead' problem.

2. Doing some necessarily crude hacks to see if I can deactivate weapon dropping without screwing up the rest of SLX_wounds.

I suspect this could break SLX's AI rearming, but Robalo's fine addon can handle that.

Ya the standing dead issue is random, I really think it deals with lag, and to many Ai mods running, but I did notice that when the

AI after been killed and end up froze in the standing up mode, you can walk up to them go drag them and they will lay down, so its not a permanent thing.

The other issue is when you get a random soldier but most times the leader of a squad that ends up freezing but is like stuck moving in one direction,

if you play that role you end up doing the same thing.

The weapon dropping it might be a radius issue, when you approach a ded soldier to get a weapon, and the radius is so low you almost

have to be tea bagging the guy just to pick up anything.

Cool, looking forward to an updated COSLX.

ya its a small update, but it will have a litte surprise in it for you guys, and I had setup a new system for the folders, as well as do something better with

the readme/s something I'm doing with COWarMod, that will also help users of COSLX find out what they need to know in terms of features,

as well as have certain things separated.

Still a bit more work to do yet on it, so expect it early April.

Ya the standing dead issue is random, I really think it deals with lag, and to many Ai mods running, but I did notice that when the

AI after been killed and end up froze in the standing up mode, you can walk up to them go drag them and they will lay down, so its not a permanent thing.

The other issue is when you get a random soldier but most times the leader of a squad that ends up freezing but is like stuck moving in one direction,

if you play that role you end up doing the same thing.

Okay, some results. First, let me explain that when I have only a short time to play, my favourite is thomsonb's Flashpoint series, including various ports to other islands of versions 113 & 114. The FP series is moderately heavily scripted, & I've seen a number of issues with COSLX so it's a pretty stringent testbed.

Only other mods loaded are CBA , Jedra's ESS / + ESS config, & OKT_noblur. Running CO v1.11/1.60 on 32-bit XP Pro.

Several issues come up with COSLX apart from standing dead:

1. Healed units lie on the ground in wounded positions (though generally stop screaming)

2. Standing wounded; these invariably remain in the same spot after healing, won't move either for AI leaders or the player if recruited. Not always standing; some healed wounded are lying down, often with their gun on their back.

3 Sometimes healed units remain lying down, stuck in the throwing animation even if they have no smoke grenades left.

3. Medics you recruit sometimes refuse to heal, sometimes ordering them to heal is impossible as the action menu "heal" & the "heal" option on menu 6 are both missing.

4. As a medic, you sometimes lose the ability to heal at least some units.

5. Some red-starred team members can't be healed by your medic - 'sorry, can't do' or by player as medic - no heal option in action menu. However, the unit seems unconcerned & simply reports position if asked for their status.

Many of those could be explained by perhaps just one script not completing &/or exiting to early.

I thought it might be animations at first, so removed them all from the COSLX folder. Didn't help. So I removed everything except:

slx_netcode, slx_wounds, slx_cloud, slx_shout & slx_findcover [NB - the readme is wrong, SLX_wounds is also dependent on slx_findcover].

That seems to work fine in both FP v114 & FP v113. Have now also added back slx_ai_dodge, slx_ai_identify, slx_ai_noautoengage with no problems.

Will continue.

One issue I've been meaning to mention for a while - unlike (IIRC) the original SLX, it now seems impossible to break off from healing - a bit, erm, embarrassing when a squad of enemies appears out of the woods a couple of hundred metres away. Can you spell 'dead'? If not, the game will show you. Often...

BR

Orcinus

PS: whoopee! It isn't an issue per se in SLX_wounds and its dependencies :)

..it's the core function of SLX AFAIAC.

hi there, not sure if it has been mentioned here before but io found a problem with the Version: @COSLX 2.4 Arma2CO in Domination (both 2.60 and 2.61)

After dying for whatever reason and then either being revived or respawning i get stuck in the spectator mode with no way to continue the game (revive and respawn does work to the point where the unit is standing at the relative position.

took me a while to narrow the problem down to the slx mod.

i will try to eliminate the pbo's one by one to see which one is the culprit.

Good posts.

[NB - the readme is wrong, SLX_wounds is also dependent on slx_findcover].

Not that the readme is wrong its listed according to what Solus put together, Im just going by what he had originally, although, in past reports since

I recompiled SLX some additional files have been discovered as in were needed by other files, so i had updated the readmes accordingly. I will add Slx_findcover to the listings with Slx_wounds.

Also keep in mind that having most of the files absent may create dependencies on other files, for example, other files that SLX_FindCover is needed by:

SLX_AI: Replaces A2 danger.fsm to improve AI reactions.

Dependencies: SLX_FindCover

SLX_GL3:

Group Link 3. Helps AIs share information between groups, enter nearby buildings for better cover if they are in combat or aware mode at mission start,

lay down suppressive fire, panic when receiving suppressive fire, call other groups for help in combat, conduct basic tactical maneuvers based on the situation for attacking,

defending, and retreating, allows AIs to surrender if they are defeated.

Dependencies: SLX_FindCover, SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout. (Bug File but not in COSLX)

3. Medics you recruit sometimes refuse to heal, sometimes ordering them to heal is impossible as the action menu "heal" & the "heal" option on menu 6 are both missing.

4. As a medic, you sometimes lose the ability to heal at least some units.

5. Some red-starred team members can't be healed by your medic - 'sorry, can't do' or by player as medic - no heal option in action menu. However, the unit seems unconcerned & simply reports position if asked for their status.

I may get these sometimes, the other ones you mentioned I dont get, the standing dead occurs once in a while, but only in SP as far as I can see, as My buddy

and I have our own Gameserver we play on with COWarMod which has CoSLX in it, however the mod is not on the server, we play with it client side, and you are

still able to get all the features ingame with no issues as seen in SP, so in other words I dont recall ever seeing any of the 5 points in MP at least not the first 3.

Have now also added back slx_ai_dodge, slx_ai_identify, slx_ai_noautoengage with no problems.

Will continue.

This is what I did originally, a process of elimination, but I mainly had on and off testing since last year before I had the idea to

recompile the mod without the major bugs, and the major bugs were really the freezing and the crashing of the game which everyone

was complaining about, but now were down to the smaller bugs, which with your guys feedback and reports hopefully we can nab in the but.

if you discover something def report it, but please understand that Im mainly a compiler, I can open and edit files, np, but im no coder or scripter,

so if you know what to change and or edit to make something work without issues you can tell me and I can make the changes, I have pretty much

opened every single file for SLX and looked at them all, to me thats the best way to learn, of course if I know what i'm looking at, and understand what to change.

i get stuck in the spectator mode with no way to continue the game

Hi, I have heard of this before, i think someone has reported this a while back.

took me a while to narrow the problem down to the slx mod.

i will try to eliminate the pbo's one by one to see which one is the culprit.

Thanks for the feedback, and for looking into an issue.

I'm looking to release a full and patch version of COSLX only for right now as i got my hands full with this and CoWarMod, and CoWarMod is complex and massive.

So if we have to once I get what i need to at least get a good version out, then its not like the mod cant be updated, i still need to get new updated signatures for the mod too (bikey file).

thanks for the feedback and reports.

ok, after logging 20 times onto my server and falling to my death repeatedly i found the culprit.

its SLXWounds :/

it seems that according to the DOM you are simply unconsious when getting hit or hitting the ground but slx decides you are in fact dead.

which is why i get the display "XXX has died" once upon impact and then again when hitting the respawn key where it should be "xxx is unconsious" and when respawning "xxx has died".

sooo... either its norrins script (i believe that is what is being used) or the slx wounds which needs to be looked at.

since i have even less clue about scripting than you :p i will leave that one up to those that are "in the know" about these things.

Ya SLX_wounds would be a culprit for that, but i cant exactly tell you why, I could if i can see it for myself.

but what Domination are you playing? This one-->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10993&highlight=DOMINATION

or is it another, as there are many to choose from on Armaholic.

Good posts.

Not that the readme is wrong its listed according to what Solus put together, Im just going by what he had originally, although, in past reports since

I recompiled SLX some additional files have been discovered as in were needed by other files, so i had updated the readmes accordingly. I will add Slx_findcover to the listings with Slx_wounds.

Sorry - I meant that Solus' original readme is wrong.

Some more tests: currently running with:

slx_actions.pbo

slx_ai.pbo

slx_ai_dodge.pbo

slx_ai_identify.pbo

slx_ai_noautoengage.pbo

slx_anims.pbo

slx_anim_ai_lowriflemove.pbo

slx_anim_at_lying.pbo

slx_anim_binocularmove.pbo

slx_anim_crawl.pbo

slx_anim_death.pbo

slx_anim_grenadethrow.pbo

slx_anim_headbob.pbo

slx_anim_holdsprint.pbo

slx_anim_idle.pbo

slx_anim_injured.pbo

slx_anim_jump.pbo

slx_anim_pistolcivil.pbo

slx_anim_prone.pbo

slx_anim_steeplying.pbo

slx_anim_turnspeed.pbo

slx_bis_bc_fix.pbo

slx_cloud.pbo

slx_findcover.pbo

slx_netcode.pbo

slx_shout.pbo

slx_wounds.pbo

slx_wounds_ais.pbo

slx_wounds_heads.pbo

(and the relevant bisigns) which seems OK. No standing dead/wounded, healed units behave normally, etc. Adding more back as & when I get time.

2 files excluded for now: I had crashes with both slx_bis_xeh & slx_anim_weapontransitions (haven't re-checked dependencies yet).

BR

Orcinus

Interesting. Very interesting.

BTW are you running the latest beta? i.e. 90242

Also are you running the ASR AI mod?

I had crashes with both slx_bis_xeh & slx_anim_weapontransitions

You are testing with COSLX alone correct, as testing with other addons, mods, and or scripts would change how COSLX would work to some degree.

I have those 2 files running and I never had issues with them.

The slx_bis_xeh you really dont need, its really an optional thing, as far as Im getting from what the readme says it

Fixes popup targets broken by XEH, extended event handlers.

so how often do you use pop up targets? :D

Question for you guys, I been pondering and Idea as well as implementing some ideas of my own, in the past month about keeping specific files with other specific files.

for example:

Solus has it setup where there is a folder for optional files, like the following:

Optional addons:

SLX_Birds: Adds birds on the ground that fly away to somewhere else when disturbed.

SLX_NoFirstAid: Disables giving first aid in SLX_Wounds.

SLX_NoGibs: Disables dismemberment in SLX_Wounds.-(which dont work we found out)

SLX_NoManeuver: Disables maneuvering in GL3. (Bounding overwatch to attack/withdraw, take cover to defend, traveling to provide backup.)

SLX_NoMoveObject: Disables moving objects in SLX_Wounds.

SLX_NoSurrender: Disables surrendering in GL3.

SLX_Wounds_Heads: Enables full head damage textures. Requires A2+OA.

Now for the sake of organization, and for those folks players,newcomers, ect to the mod that aren't familiar with the mod or not 100% on

the modding stuff, I want to simplify the files by way of folder, and then indicate in a readme what files are where, and basically put them

under a subject that gives the user an idea of what those files do, and of course the readme would list them.

I already have taken the steps for doing this, but, I would like some feedback, thoughts on what you guys have in mind or think about what files

we can separate and or organize so that the simpler SLX player can understand the files, and tweak their game as they wish without trouble.

Your thoughts..

Orcinus

domokun

anyone else?

Basically what would make it easier for you?

You are testing with COSLX alone correct, as testing with other addons, mods, and or scripts would change how COSLX would work to some degree.

I have those 2 files running and I never had issues with them.

The slx_bis_xeh you really dont need, its really an optional thing, as far as Im getting from what the readme says it

so how often do you use pop up targets? :D

Only mods used are as in my post - CBA, OKT_noblur, & Jedra's skills slider (as 1. not many wounded, lotsa corpses with heads blown off; & 2. mine tends to be among them). Heh, I've no idea what a 'pop-up target' is, never seen one in Arma. The point of the tests is to see if I can isolate the standing dead issue to 1 or 2 files. Most of the other issues are rare to very rare - only seen some of them in the Flashpoint series (more on that anon). As I'm getting into mission design, when I get something worth offering the community I want players to have the option of using SLX without hassles.

Question for you guys, I been pondering and Idea as well as implementing some ideas of my own, in the past month about keeping specific files with other specific files.

for example:

Solus has it setup where there is a folder for optional files, like the following:

Optional addons:

<snip>

I already have taken the steps for doing this, but, I would like some feedback, thoughts on what you guys have in mind or think about what files

we can separate and or organize so that the simpler SLX player can understand the files, and tweak their game as they wish without trouble.

Your thoughts..

Orcinus

domokun

anyone else?

Basically what would make it easier for you?

My thoughts: have a 'core' set of tweaked & untweaked SLX files that work reliably in both MP & most SP games. That would let new users try it out without (m)any hassles.

Then have 2 or maybe even 3 other folders:

- optional files 'not known to conflict with a large number of mods' (see COWarmod" or "see A2Warmod" as appropriate) but not essential for the main features of SLX; 'add them in 1 by 1 & take out any that conflict' etc.

- optional files that have conflicts with some other mods mods [nice to include list of known conflicts] or with heavily-scripted missions;

- buggy files; that folder would be pretty much or the same as now.

BR

Orcinus

Late reply, thanks for the feedback Orcinus.

have a 'core' set of tweaked & untweaked SLX files that work reliably in both MP & most SP games.

Really no tweaked files, their either fixed or original, but I could have core files with other files, such as optional, bug files, and maybe

some other files related to features separated, and just have the core files mainly the ones they install via @COSLX.

The folder system once extracted would look like this (not atm, but hypothetically with the idea in mind)

COSLX.ZIP

zip extracted:

INSTALL THESE FILES (folder)

@COSLX

Keys

Problem Files(folder)

pbos (files)

problem files readme

Optional Features (folder)

pbos (files)

Optional features readme

Character Movement Files(folder)

pbos(files)

readme

Readmes (folder)

Bug Free Edition

BUG LIST

Changelog

Features (core files)

Character Movement Files(files separated that deal with movement so by default they can use stock, as theres other movement mods out there like trumods, SMK Animation, ect,.)

PLEASE READ! COSLX Disclaimer

Version

optional files 'not known to conflict with a large number of mods' (see COWarmod" or "see A2Warmod" as appropriate) but not essential for the main features of SLX

core files would work, majority of the already.

optional files that have conflicts with some other mods [nice to include list of known conflicts] or with heavily-scripted missions;

this I would need a report on, as I personally only play COSLX only in COWarMod, and thats about it, so I wouldn't know. there is COSLXACE but files are

still being removed for testing to make compatible so that version of COSLX is on hold for right now.

If you guys wanted to report which mods COSLX is conflicting with then that would help add to the readmes,

and by doing so i would include you guys in the credits, as I give credit to Solus for his original work.

How does one spawn a dismembered torso? I know how to make one, like hitting an infantry unit with an RPG, but how can I place one in the editor? I'm trying to make a mission where as your floating down in your parachute, you look around, only to see what's left of your co-pilot floating down, also. I got all the scripting done, I just need to find out what the torso is called.

Hi, below are all the names for each part that you can see dismembered:

one you want is in bold.

class SLX_Gib_Torso_Head: SLX_Gib_Head
{
 scope = 1;
 model = "\SLX_Wounds\gibs\[b]SLX_Torso_Head[/b]";
 displayName = "Dismembered Torso";
};
class SLX_Gib_Torso_NoHead: SLX_Gib_Torso_Head
{
 model = "\SLX_Wounds\gibs\SLX_Torso_NoHead";
};
class SLX_Gib_R_Hand: SLX_Gib_Head
{
 model = "\SLX_Wounds\gibs\SLX_R_Hand";
 displayName = "Dismembered Hand";
};
class SLX_Gib_L_Hand: SLX_Gib_R_Hand
{
 model = "\SLX_Wounds\gibs\SLX_L_Hand";
};
class SLX_Gib_R_Arm: SLX_Gib_Torso_Head
{
 model = "\SLX_Wounds\gibs\SLX_R_Arm";
 displayName = "Dismembered Arm";
};
class SLX_Gib_L_Arm: SLX_Gib_R_Arm
{
 model = "\SLX_Wounds\gibs\SLX_L_Arm";
};
class SLX_Gib_R_Foot: SLX_Gib_R_Arm
{
 model = "\SLX_Wounds\gibs\SLX_R_Foot";
 displayName = "Dismembered Foot";
};
class SLX_Gib_L_Foot: SLX_Gib_R_Foot
{
 model = "\SLX_Wounds\gibs\SLX_L_Foot";
};
class SLX_Gib_Face: SLX_Gib_R_Arm
{
 model = "\SLX_Wounds\gibs\SLX_Face";
 displayName = "Dismembered Face";

As for respawning, you would have to figure out how to not only bring it ingame by itself,

then

figure out how to spawn it,

then

attach a parachute to it.

Im sure it can be done but I have no idea, ask in the editing and scripting section with detail on what you want to do,

you prob will need the file SLX_wounds.pbo to spawn the torso as that is where the modal is located,

but you may have to have it called somehow, this would have to be scripted I think, or a command used.

Slx_Wounds.pbo needs these files to run though: Dependencies: SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout