Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Slx_Wounds.pbo needs these files to run though: Dependencies: SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout

I think SLX_wounds also needs slx_findcover

Actually I think SLX_wounds only needs slx_findcover.

IIRC SLX_wounds doesn't need SLX_NetCode or SLX_Shout.

So I think that there's an very misleading error in the readme.

Incidentally, has anyone found a way to resolve the "double first aid entry" in the in-game menu?

Edited by domokun

We would need to test it to confirm with all the files minus the optional ones, basically how Solus had it setup.

I'm having a small problem running this mod. My current mods are this, ACE, ASR, and GL4 AI. Everything works fine except one thing... upon death characters' weapons and backpacks glitch out:

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o600/dela2522/arma2oa2012-05-0111-01-17-68.jpg (118 kB)

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o600/dela2522/arma2oa2012-05-0111-02-14-07.jpg (150 kB)

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o600/dela2522/arma2oa2012-05-0111-03-25-81.jpg (166 kB)

arma2oa2012-05-0111-03-38-27.jpg

It's a really weird, it happens to any and every unit with a backpack or shoulder-fired weapon. Also this bug goes away when I disable ACE, but comes back when I enable it. I've narrowed it down to slx_wounds.pbo, it might have to do with the script thinking the backpacks are dropped weapons or something, or it might be conflicting with ACE's ruck system. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Sorry to ask this if it's been asked before but....

And make it clear for others as well but...

Does this COSLX work well with Zeus_AI?

Thanks for your answer.

KK

I'm having a small problem running this mod. My current mods are this, ACE, ASR, and GL4 AI. Everything works fine except one thing... upon death characters' weapons and backpacks glitch out:

It's a really weird, it happens to any and every unit with a backpack or shoulder-fired weapon. Also this bug goes away when I disable ACE, but comes back when I enable it. I've narrowed it down to slx_wounds.pbo, it might have to do with the script thinking the backpacks are dropped weapons or something, or it might be conflicting with ACE's ruck system. Any help would be appreciated!!!

SLX default is that on death (or capture by the enemy) all weapons are dropped. I guess that may include ACE backpacks. I have a (CO)SLX_wounds variant WIP where I've disabled weapon dropping. Gunter has a copy. I should say that "WIP" is a bit exaggerated, currently focussed on combining HAC with DAC & a mag-throwing addon to avoid player or AI team-mates wandering around for ammo while under fore & getting slotted.

SLX default is that on death (or capture by the enemy) all weapons are dropped. I guess that may include ACE backpacks. I have a (CO)SLX_wounds variant WIP where I've disabled weapon dropping

Hey man, thanks for the reply. I've been doing some testing, and I opened up the slxwounds.pbo and have been looking around on how to disable weapon drops, but so far no luck. I tried changing if(isnil "SLX_MaxDropWeapons")then{SLX_MaxDropWeapons=50} in XEH.sqf to 0, and {SLX_MaxDropWeapons=100} in the wounds_functions.sqf, but both just caused the weapons and backpacks to disappear completely. So my question is, how did you disable it?

Hi

Herewith a link to an edited version (beta) of Guenter's fixed SLX wounds:

https://rapidshare.com/files/4243324623/slx_wounds.7z

Please do not redistribute or mirror, as it's a beta.

Somewhat crudely edited as yet, but no more weapons dropping & no RPT errors. Tested extensively in CO 1.60 both vanilla (plus CBA) & with a limited number of other mods. It probably breaks SLX's rearming but I wouldn't notice; if I want AI rearming I turn it on in asr_AI.

Missions used for testing include thomsonb's Flashpoint series (v1.14 - 1.16 vanilla plus ports of v114 & v115 to Podagorsk, Lingor & Fallujah), several of W0lle's "CWC Classics", & a few other SP missions I can't remember offhand. Not tested in A2 yet.

FYI, other files from SLX were (bisigns not listed but included for each file):

slx_ai_dodge.pbo

slx_ai_noautoengage.pbo

slx_cloud.pbo

slx_findcover.pbo

slx_shout.pbo

This set seems to workfine even with heavily scripted missions such as the "Flashpoint" series - no standing dead/wounded, or other oddities.

SLX_shout does seem to cause a lot of RPT messages about "unable to load.." various OA word-sounds (but it's not alone in that by any means).

Please report any issues you find (with RPT errors, details of the mission, other mods/scripts used, etc.). Once satisfied there are no remaining issues I'll clean up the file & make it available properly.

Cheers

Orcinus

Hey Orcinus, thanks for your hard work man.

You should ask Guenter to ship you over a new BMW from his country as a thanks:)

You reading this, Guenter? The man says he wants the latest BMW.:eek:

Edited by Kommiekat

Let me know how you get on with it, guys.

The mods it's been used with most are CBA (v0.76 to 1.00pre), TBR, VFCTAS, ASR_AI, zp5_at_fix, GIB_CopyMyStance, st_HUD, st_movement, OKT_noblur, VFladder.

Interested firstly in how it performs with various missions without other mods (checking the RPT for any more erors than without it).

I put the PBOs in a separate folder (e.g., @COSLXe) so I can compare with the original (that is, a version with the same reduced set of PBOs).

FYI, I have been adding in other SLX PBOs during testing of both this and the vanilla COSLX; those tests are incomplete, but there are likely to be additional PBOs to the 'minimal set' I listed whichIMO would be nice to have, such as steep_lying, _prone.

As-yet limited use with HAC. Haven't yet tested this version with the reduced PBO set with DAC, which is a big set of scripts with its own complex AI routines.

@Kommiekat - erm, Guenter is an American living in USA :)

@Kommiekat - erm, Guenter is an American living in USA

Actually born in Canada, grew up there with my Dutch grandparents on a farm, and then when my mother came home from school,

she found a job in Illinois USA, and we moved there, so i been here since.

and its spelled Gunter, which is the name from Gunter Koschorrek which i got from this book-->http://books.google.com/books/about/Blood_Red_Snow.html?id=5xhsaolGI3IC

Anyways back on topic.

I think what Im going to do is release the little bit I have done, I have not worked on anything for A2SLX or COSLX since Febrary as i have been busy with life in general, and mostly working on COWarMod.

I am submitting the patch version of COSLX to Armaholic.

Please keep in mind that this isn't a major overhaul or huge update, its only has 3 files fixed that were on the bug list and 5 readmes rewritten,

you may or may not already be using these files if so then they are fixed, if not and you dont use them because of the issue reported

on the bug list then well they are again fixed issue solved.

This is work completed or done back in February when i had no internet, its just been sitting around since, if you want it then it will be on armaholkic when its ready, i'll post a link here too.

For the full version that will be later, there also maybe another patch for the mod.

Im submitting the small patch to Armaholic and will have a link when its available for the thread here if someone dont beat me to it when i get back.

also note, that the patch is good for COSLX only.

==============

As something i wanted to mention, I had added this (below)to one the readmes included in the patch, so new users,

and regulars alike get the idea that what I meant by a bug free edition.

from the readme:

SLX Bug Free edition

============================

Please understand that the "bug free edition" is meant by the orginal SLX version 2.3 originated by Solus, a version that would crash and freeze

with a certain number of files intact in the addons folder, these files that would crash and or freeze the game have since then been removed in

version 2.4, and 2.5, however their may still be bugs and oddities in the mod still but none that will crash or freeze your game as before, A2SLX,

and COSLX mods are still considered WIP even though they are in a completed state.

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Ok file is now submitted to Armaholic.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

gentlemen as mentioned in my previous post above.

Link will be available when Armaholic has it ready.

If for those of you who dont have Arma2CO, and are just playing with the Arma2 version of SLX aka A2SLX,

i can make a quick patch for that as well if you wish please let me know.

any questions about the patch, and anything SLX related please ask.

Edited by Gnter Severloh
fixed issue with link

Hi mate

I think you made a copy & paste error with the link, gives "access denied" & redirects to a login page.

NP, happy to wait a bit longer. Many thanks for your continuing work on this.

Ah I see, fixed it, ok well you guys will just have to wait then, its in que on Armaholic.

Thank you sir!

As previously sated for those that play only the A2SLX which is the updated SLX for Arma2 only,

I can make a version of the same patch for Arma2 if you wish.

hey there,

thank you for this mod. it sounds very promising, though I hadnt played it yet.

can you give me a hint how I know that slx is loaded properly?

I want to report a problem:

latest ACE and latest BETA is not compatible fully with SLX for arma2OA.

the problem making .pbo is : "slx_helicopter_ai_fix.pbo"

the issue is that, as soon as you get the ingame screen, the game crashes.

greetz

Hi kOepi

can you give me a hint how I know that slx is loaded properly?

Good clue is when the Ai that get shot or killed have lots of blood or are even dismembered, or are lying ont he ground screaming and need help as they are wounded.

But a good question, and something i been looking to add for that is like what i did for COWarMod is having a loading screen for A2SLX and COSLX,

with a small icon at the bottom left and top right of the screen on the main menu of the game.

COSLX has no ACE compatible version yet, but find and remove the slx_helicopter_ai_fix.pbo if its crashing your game,

its probably related to ace that its crashing, as I have that file in my COSLX and my game dont crash.

Use ACE with COSLX at your own risk.

Hi guys, thanks for this awesome mod !

I have one question there :

How can i disable the tank turret's continuous rotation when the gunner is in turned out position ? Is that possible if i delete any .pbo-s ?

I am using this version: @COSLX 2.4 Arma2CO

Thanx

Hi Vilman.

Tank turret's continuous rotation has nothing to do with SLX, or any mod, thats the vanilla game itself.

What you can do is be the commander yourself and turn out in the hatch, or tell the Ai to face a certain direction.

This is a GREAT mod, and I was reading over the AI PBOs and it looks like it changes AI in combat, but does it make them more realistic with sneaking and things? If you have used Zeus AI, you would know it is truly a great AI mod. but does SLX conflict with it? I would still like the realism of Zeus, merged with the realism of SLX. If it works, or if SLX changes the "awareness" (I guess you would call it that) of the AI, that would be fine too. ALSO, SLX changes movement speed so does that conflict with SMK? Sorry for all the questions, but it would be nice to know.

Keep working on this great improvement to ArmA2.

~Hoff

Hi Hoffinator

but does it make them more realistic with sneaking and things?

No I dont believe SLX does make it more realistic. for the sneaking or stealth aspect.

but does SLX conflict with it? (Zeus)

I have Zeus in the 1.1 version of COWarMod with the latest COSLX and if i do recall I dont remember any conflicts except the AI seemed to have very accurate shooting at times.

SLX changes movement speed so does that conflict with SMK?

Yes, SMK overides SLX's movements speed, but does not change the death animation speed when you kill enemy soldiers and the fall down.

From previous posts if i recall correctly, the best AI mods to work with COSLX were ASRAI, GL4 and something else.

I might have a small update for you guys this weekend. ;)

Two of the AI features that COSLX adds & I really like are Find Cover and Dodge.

Find cover lets the AI avoid straight line movement between waypoints if it means, say, crossing an open field; instead, the AI will skirt open spaces trying to keep in cover, or at least concealment. Much more realistic IMO.

Dodge means that AIs will shuffle from left to right, sometimes forward & back, by a few paces making them harder targets. This makes for longer, more realistic firefights at medium to long distances.