Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

They said CAS aircraft so I'm hoping for an A-10 and possibly an SU-25. I know they are from ArmA 2 but they are really iconic CAS aircraft and they both do the role very well.

F22 a CAS plane?

Well, now that I think about it we do have a CAS plane with no CCIP and no rockets... :D

Yay!

They said CAS aircraft so I'm hoping for an A-10 and possibly an SU-25. I know they are from ArmA 2 but they are really iconic CAS aircraft and they both do the role very well.

I doubt that, I'm sure we will get some new designed plane, I'm done with A-10 and SU, we had those for more than a decade... it's time to move on.

And hopefully another M4 lol

Seriously though, community will be doing all those, BI needs to do some new much more modern aircraft. Mi48 is a good example (after a new cockpit :) ).

can't wait for the a2 mlods to be ready it will be like xmas.

Yes, I agree. I play with the ArmA 2 stuff in All in ArmA....they should look better and work better on the new release. IMHO, BIS is doing everything they can to please the customers. Like what Joris said, (paraphrased), "ArmA 3 is a growing process, it will get bigger as time goes by."

I doubt that, I'm sure we will get some new designed plane, I'm done with A-10 and SU, we had those for more than a decade... it's time to move on.
Plus there's quite a few options for "light attack" that just aren't as high-profile but are in quite a bit of use around the world, younger and with a modern look.
Gnat;2508226']And hopefully another M4 lol

Seriously though' date=' community will be doing all those, BI needs to do some new much more modern aircraft. Mi48 is a good example (after a new cockpit :) ).[/quote']Probably one of the unspoken philosophies behind "going future" setting-wise, especially if the-powers-that-be wouldn't have put nearly the same level of caring (believe me when I say that one can tell what parts of Arma 3 were "most cared about" internally) into the content and development of "yet another modern warfare game, that even WE'RE tired of".

Well I want something that is as useful as both of them. Heavy Armament with a firm focus on CAS.

The thing is that there's plenty of "CAS oriented" designs out there besides the A-10 and Su-25 families that just haven't benefited from the limelight, there was even a recent Light Attack/Armed Reconnaissance (later Light Air Support) program-competition for the USAF*... and most of the reported competitors for that are turboprop.

Hell, as far as jets, Textron (parent company of Bell Helicopter) partnered with AirLand Enterprises, LLC and just (as in, this past Monday) revealed a new tandem-cockpit multirole "Scorpion" jet with six wing hardpoints and an internal payload bay (up to 3000 lb/1360.78 kg), plus purported "maneuvering speeds as low as 100 knots" and purported max speed of 450 knots true airspeed. Not much more publicly available in the way of hard data, but considering how little unmodded Arma actually simulates compared to a "true" flight sim...

Give me the F-35 model and I have a multirole design in mind ;)

This should be done (pay mods) under several conditions.

1. BI should respond to the basic wishes of community. For example, I and more than 2,000 testers want to bipod, advanced system of injured, normal body armor and shooting from vehicles in the original game. Not in the modes. Or it could be paid events, but with free use / inclusion of these features in the official (made ​​BI) sequel (A4 or big DLC). Modders will act as contractors.

2. Paid mode (for example ACRE) must be constantly maintained BI (at the level of the engine).

In fact, BI want to use modders as contractors. Why not say so explicitly?

That is not the business model, and in fact, they have contracted out to modders extensively before.

They seem to intend a system similar to that which exists for FSX, where outside companies produce content for the game platform for their own profit.

That is not the business model, and in fact, they have contracted out to modders extensively before.

They seem to intend a system similar to that which exists for FSX, where outside companies produce content for the game platform for their own profit.

And similar to DCS World too, I think it's a great idea because it can mean much more quality content.

And similar to DCS World too, I think it's a great idea because it can mean much more quality content.

It can mean that you have to pay for every damn single vehicle and weapon.

Well, as this is supposed to be a milsim, the A-10 maybe wouldn't be a bad choice. The US Airforce says the A-10 was one of the most important machinery in the latest war in irak (eliminating 900+ tanks and 1000++ other vehicles) and there is no other aircraft or machinery to replace the A-10 anywhere in sight. Plus it has been upgraded a lot with modern features since the 1970s, of course.

So it's totally considerable it will be still around in 2035.

I hope that we won't get another A-10, it's a dated aircraft that is only good for Air to ground, and it has already been in ArmA 2 and 1. If NATO and CSAT only have one jet each, it should be a multirole aircraft.

Even though it will still be active in 2035(until 2040), recycling this aircraft from A2 like the L-159 would be very lazy of BIS.

I think the Eurofighter Typhoon would be a good choice since it's used by multiple NATO countries, it's a multi-role aircraft with great speed and maneuverability, it has 13 weapon hardpoints which would make it great for CAS.

The EF-2000 is not even close to a CAS aircraft. We went through this discussion already! :D

I still insist on the M346.

Yay!

If the new CAS planes are less effective at their job than Arma 2's A-10 and Su-25, can you really call it an "upgrade"?

The EF-2000 is not even close to a CAS aircraft. We went through this discussion already! :D

I still insist on the M346.

Yay!

The eurofighter not a dedicated CAS aircraft but it can certainly do CAS with its huge payload, only disadvantage compared to the A-10 is worse cannon and perhaps less durability/armor.

The M346 is a light attack/trainer jet, it's too similar to the L-159 and shouldn't be the main jet of NATO/CSAT. Then again, there aren't many dedicated CAS jets today, so if BIS insists on a pure CAS jet, the M346 would fit(although outmatched by every multirole fighter in all aspects.)

Having FSX/DCS/Train Sim levels of Payware is quite frankly a horrible idea for ArmA, considering it would likely make the playerbase even more fragmented than something such as OA.

The M346 is a light attack/trainer jet, it's too similar to the L-159 and shouldn't be the main jet of NATO/CSAT. Then again, there aren't many dedicated CAS jets today, so if BIS insists on a pure CAS jet, the M346 would fit(although outmatched by every multirole fighter in all aspects.)

IMO the best fit in CAS plane would be the M346. It's perfect at low speeds.

Obviously it shouldn't be the main jet of NATO in all the world, but in a map like Altis, CAS is everything. That doesn't mean that as an extra they could add a multirole jet to use it mainly for bombing ( as there is no space for much more ).

If the new CAS planes are less effective at their job than Arma 2's A-10 and Su-25, can you really call it an "upgrade"?

The Modding Community is coming through. BIS is making the adjustments to add more planes, tanks, and stuff.

Here, follow this link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164308-F-A-18-Super-Hornet-for-ARMA-3

This F/A 18 just made ArmA 3 one step closer to being a fully completed game. I bet by Christmas, we'll have 80 - 90% what we want for the game. We must be patient.

Side note: Also, I hate it when people say, "BIS should have made these planes before release, not some modder from the community." My answer....."Who Cares". This F/A18 is incredible and someone from the ArmA community is passionate about the game. AND....we must never forget the hell BIS went through over one year ago....morale was low...they weren't sure if ArmA 3 was even going to survive. Yet here we are today one year later well on our way to having one heck of a milsim. Another nice touch is gonna be when BIS ports over all the ArmA 2 stuff. Things are looking up, gentlemen.

Edited by rehtus777
Grammar

Another nice touch is gonna be when BIS ports over all the ArmA 2 stuff. Things are looking up, gentlemen.

You haven't heard ? They won't.

Edited by Varanon
Added link

You haven't heard ? They won't.

"Originally, we had an idea that was similar to Take On Rearmed. Unfortunately, upgrading the Arma 2 massive content library to Arma 3 standards is beyond what we can do in reasonable time. So instead, what we are going to do will be similar to Arma 1: we are going to release the entire Arma 2 library to the community and allow them create any derivative work within Arma 3. More details will be announced very soon." - Marek Spanel

BIS will give the community the "rights" to polish their ArmA 2 stuff to put it in the game....at least that is how I understand it. Just like what Saul and John Spartan did with their F/A 18.... they took an ArmA 2 plane they built, polished it up and then added some cool stuff to it. I can see someone immediately jumping on the A-10 and doing the same (even tho it is an old beast....probably be out of service by 2035).

Edited by rehtus777