Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

possibly the aaf were originally going to be russians.

Well, they already had the Greek camo (AAF with blue-ish black instead of dark green) back from 2011. So I think they had been planning on adding the Hellenic Armed Forces. Now, I'm thinking that even then they'd been planned to be more supportive of the Iranian occupation on Limnos. I mean, even then, the resistance had the current Greek flag, and the HAF (or what I've pretty sure was the HAF) had the Greek state flag pre-1978 (just the white cross on blue background, also a variation of the kingdom of Greece flag). So I'm thinking they were supposed to have been supplied by Russia (that plus the E32012 story of how some EU countries had drifted towards Russia economically).

I guess I'm little bit late with this, but I really like what I read from the interview of Marek.

A2 content to A3? Yes!

Paid user-made content? Yes!

Attempts to get global addon sync service online?

Does "A2 content" include maps as well by the way? Chernarus is such a beautiful masterpiece, and looks even better in A3...

Does "A2 content" include maps as well by the way? Chernarus is such a beautiful masterpiece, and looks even better in A3...

Nope, AFAIK only arma2 models, no maps.

I can't see maps being an issue as long as all the sample models for buildings roads and plants rocks can be ported over guess were just have to wait and see for some thing official to be said on what will be available to use.

monetizing mods will see me leaving arma3. I support bis and have for a long time, but that changes a core function of game aka its moldability and screws up the community.

so it'd be basically an arma3 app store? the wording is quite unclear,f f

Edited by twisted

did he confirm backwards compatability then??????

no backward compatibility. They will simply release the 3d models in a non-bin format, so if the community wants to update and port over to A3, it is free to do so.

KJU has basically already done this part though?

Yes and no. Kju has ported the old content to ARMA3, but without the sample models it isn't possible to make everything work properly with the new engine features.

For example, none of the models introduced before OA have thermal imaging maps.

oh right so when bi does this model thingy it will work properly?

Not automatically, no. Someone still has to edit the old models, which could take quite a while.

KJU has basically already done this part though?

no, kju created cfg files that allows the content to be "more" compatible with A3

oh right so when bi does this model thingy it will work properly?

BI will release the source models. What one does with it to improve them is not BI's concern.

remember how great was A1 MLODs released ... well think of this being similar but bigger ... think what all good may come from it ?

remember how great was A1 MLODs released ... well think of this being similar but bigger ... think what all good may come from it ?

This A2 MLOD package better include the tractor :D

This A2 MLOD package better include the tractor :D

lol! I loved playing tracktor road kills in arma 2 chernarus life :D

I thought an official release of A2CO MLODs was an obvious thing for most people after BIS' excelllent move of presenting A1 content. Shall not be surprised.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

I thought an official release of A2CO MLODs was an obvious thing for most people after BIS' excelllent move of presenting A1 content. Shall not be surprised.

Still using those Arma 1 MLODs for good use to this day..in fact only made this in the last while. http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/M1A1_2_zps2935d3ef.png

but having the Arma 2 MLODs will be a great day for all of us, the possibilities are nearly endless. I want me some armoured tractors again! :cool:

this is great news, and I guess that part the official release of mlods updated for à3 engine means things like recoils will work properly for older weapons...

This should be done (pay mods) under several conditions.

1. BI should respond to the basic wishes of community. For example, I and more than 2,000 testers want to bipod, advanced system of injured, normal body armor and shooting from vehicles in the original game. Not in the modes. Or it could be paid events, but with free use / inclusion of these features in the official (made ​​BI) sequel (A4 or big DLC). Modders will act as contractors.

2. Paid mode (for example ACRE) must be constantly maintained BI (at the level of the engine).

In fact, BI want to use modders as contractors. Why not say so explicitly?

In fact, BI want to use modders as contractors. Why not say so explicitly?

They've already been doing that for who knows how long. This is something else.

They've already been doing that for who knows how long. This is something else.

Since Queens Gambit at least.

And at last check, Rocket was just such a contractor during his time on Arma 3 as both mo-cap actor (there's an old interview with Vespa from last year with screenshots thereof) and MP mission designer before being hired and formally tasked with "just" DayZ.

Back to the topic people. Apparently there is going to be a new rifle, scope, pistols, 2 CAS jets, and other vehicles. Does anyone know what these look like? (Other than the f-22)

Back to the topic people. Apparently there is going to be a new rifle, scope, pistols, 2 CAS jets, and other vehicles. Does anyone know what these look like? (Other than the f-22)

What F-22?