Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

erhm... what about women wanting to play arma too?

in all seriousness... women should be in arma 3 on equal terms with men, this is supposed to be the 21st century after all... and women have had the opportunity to serve in armed forces throughout history ;) the dahomey amazons does spring to my mind as a classical example of an all female military unit that served on equal terms ;)

Perhaps a poll is in order. It now seems that there is a lot of support for the idea. IMO it could have the following options:

Women in ArmA 3

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
  • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability (like male civilians)
  • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care or don't prefer if they are combat capable
  • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

Yes? No? Good idea? Bad idea?

Seriously, most women get so scared in combat that they become a giant burden rather than any kind of asset. I've seen female Marines shoot at other Marines 50 meters away because they were too scared and confused to identify their targets.

Edited by Rellikki
Sexist comments

Yes? No? Good idea? Bad idea?

I vote for poll. All topics that get everyone this excited should have a poll.

You can really feel the testosterone in this topic -_-

yup, this thread made me think of chasing this in my Humvee,

2045.jpg

I vote for poll. All topics that get everyone this excited should have a poll.

I think the thread author could add such a poll, but unfortunately he seems to be long gone. Perhaps a moderator will add it.

I think the thread author could add such a poll, but unfortunately he seems to be long gone. Perhaps a moderator will add it.

Well, I agree that this should be the thread, and no new one :)

But, to be complete, there ought to be complete questions (or at least as far as possible). I'm ambivalent about women specifically for example but I'm in favour of different body types (which women can be counted as after all).

So, for my choice of questions:

1. ArmA3 should feature fully integrated women.

2. ArmA3 should feature women in some roles only.

3. ArmA3 should follow ArmA2's example.

4. All different body types (fat, thin, short, fat etc) should be featured, including women.

5. Just open the animation/skeletal system up more to allow the community to easily supply women.

6. Do not care.

7. No women in combat roles at all.

I would vote No 4.

So, for my choice of questions:

1. ArmA3 should feature fully integrated women.

2. ArmA3 should feature women in some roles only.

3. ArmA3 should follow ArmA2's example.

4. All different body types (fat, thin, short, fat etc) should be featured, including women.

5. Just open the animation/skeletal system up more to allow the community to easily supply women.

6. Do not care.

7. No women in combat roles at all.

IMO these options would distract from the purpose of the poll; which is to determine what the community opinion is regarding women being featured in ArmA 3. Talking about different body types and modding capabilities is, while related, a seperate issue.

IMO these options would distract from the purpose of the poll; which is to determine what the community opinion is regarding women being featured in ArmA 3.

Those questions are inclusive of the poll you suggested. If people generally feel the same way, that is, it's a simple "yes/no", then the results will reflect that.

Talking about different body types and modding capabilities is, while related, a seperate issue.

It seems to be exactly the same thing to me. From following the thread, the above options come up frequently.

Well, I'll vote "Other, please explain" where the explanation is:

Yes to women as long as mission maker gets the control in order to prevent the battlefield end up looking like a disaster which always happen when multiple women are thrown together :D ;)

do you see any woman char in the COD series, BF, BC, CS etc etc? why arma would have? this is not sexist or wahtever BS someone says

the real question will be, seriously, WHY? do you want a woman soldier char in arma?

1- Because you are an atention whore

2- Because then you can make funny videos

3- Because you love womans so much, and you want to be one too

4- Because you like Lara Croft

5- Because you want to play in 3rd person all the time

6- Because your mom/wife/girlfriend say so

7- Because you say so, and thats all that matters

I have met several female players playing ArmA. One of whom I know for sure wished that ArmA included female characters.

I wouldn't mind if they are included. I would like to ask, why shouldn't female characters be in the game? What bad will it do to add a female character that can be in combat?

I mean, it's just a damn character model.

Edited by Nicholas

do you see any woman char in the COD series, BF, BC, CS etc etc? why arma would have? this is not sexist or wahtever BS someone says

the real question will be, seriously, WHY? do you want a woman soldier char in arma?

1- Because you are an atention whore

2- Because then you can make funny videos

3- Because you love womans so much, and you want to be one too

4- Because you like Lara Croft

5- Because you want to play in 3rd person all the time

6- Because your mom/wife/girlfriend say so

7- Because you say so, and thats all that matters

8- Because it adds variety and improves the experience, and it is very disappointing to have handicapped female characters in ArmA 2. Although #4 is true too.

As Dice said, I think you should be asking why not?

I have met several female players playing ArmA. One of whom I know for sure wished that ArmA included female characters.

I wouldn't mind if they are included. I would like to ask, why shouldn't female characters be in the game? What bad will it do to add a female character that can be in combat?

I mean, it's just a damn character model.

this, is it really going to ruin the game that bad if theyre in? it really doesnt change anything, its not like women arent in the military, and its not like they dont ever end up in combat even if theyre in a non combat MOS (jessica lynch), the US military has female fighter and apache pilots, and other countries allow them into combat roles, plus guerrilla forces use them frequently, its not like it will matter if people make ridiculous character mods because there are women mods now, and there are already lots of silly mods for arma (aliens, predator, full metal panic) anyways.

Edited by ghostnineone

yeah ok, I was trolling a little bit :p sincerely I dont mind if Devs add woman chars or not

Female characters are handy if she is a team mate.

Whether it be vocally or view, you know your team mates.

All the female's in our group seem to prefer other games, a few have OFP, A1 or A2 copies, but never got the hang of it. :(

I'll vote #1, just in case.

I really have respect for these women. Good on them.

Considering the fact women serve in combat units, I strongly support the idea of adding female soldiers to ArmA III, if only for the sake of realism. I'm sure that female players will appreciate that. It'd also add some more variety. Mods are possible, but I'd like to see them in stock campaigns.