Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

It's not about the loadout as much as it is about the units themselves. I didn't say that women should be unarmed, anyway.

Nah, seriously, you save who you can equally but the mission comes first.

It's easier to say than to do :rolleyes:

I don't want to start some horror scenes here, but just imagine she screaming for help. It's way heavier than a man doing the same.

would be nice to have some mixed sex in the game

its getting to much more of a sausage fest atmo :p

That being said, I'm not against female pilots, medics, engineers, artillery or even commanding in the game.

It's not about the loadout as much as it is about the units themselves. I didn't say that women should be unarmed, anyway.

Sorry about that, I somehow read "equipment" instead of "as much equipment".

lol he wants female soldiers in this game is the same reason as some people playing tomb raider series - 3rd person view behind a female back is much more pleasing to look at!

i'm not surprised if someone will make a naked mod or something later.

Operative;1945937']The question is (if you are/were a male soldier in RL): in an ambush situation where all your teammates can actually get killed' date=' and even you, if you had a female teammate would you let it go and concentrate on the mission or would you concentrate on her safety, even the chances of getting killed being equal to everyone in the unit?[/quote']

Just means you need another female in the unit, so that there is someone else keeping thier cool while YOU freak out.

Just means you need another female in the unit, so that there is someone else keeping thier cool while YOU freak out.

Nice, two obvious targets for the smart enemies.

this thread is almost getting as idiotic as the "we want samesex lovestories in the new mass effect game'

cmon guys is it really any difference to the experience if the other soldiers see you're a woman or a man ? no.. why is this such a big issue ? the ammount of women in the militairy is so low even for that alone they dont need to be in the game. the only reason why people want female soldiers in the game becouse they want to look like a 'sexy-cool-combatchick' isnt all the futuristic crap 'cool' enough ? if we keep pushing it on these stupid points the next arma game will be even closer to the modernwarfare/battlefield/shit type of game.

if it in or not doesnt rly matter to me. il stick with a guy soldier anyway. just getting sick of having this useless topic on the top of the forums constantly. shouldnt we be worrying about all the bugs and stuff that was wrong in arma 2 ? taking the time to design female models/textures/animations/voiceacting is taking time away from fixing bugs adding new stuff and improving animations

Well, in US military, female personal is about 20~25% depends on branch

Since Asian service member is less than 10%, maybe you want to argue that there should not be Asian model at all?

BTW, even if female models are included, I would never use them as my character

Edited by Lugiahua

Operative;1947145']Nice' date=' two obvious targets for the smart enemies.[/quote']

Yea except in uniform (especially with body armor) it's nearly impossible to tell gender, especially from standard engagement distances.

So what you're saying is that there are no pretty girls in the military? That's BS.

the ammount of women in any fighting force is low enough as it is. the chance they look 'hot' is even smaller

the ammount of women in any fighting force is low enough as it is. the chance they look 'hot' is even smaller

But since they aren't sitting around playing bingo and chowing down on McDonalds all day the chances are a little better then most.

Operative;1945937']The question is (if you are/were a male soldier in RL): in an ambush situation where all your teammates can actually get killed' date=' and even you, if you had a female teammate would you let it go and concentrate on the mission or would you concentrate on her safety, even the chances of getting killed being equal to everyone in the unit?[/quote']

Just think of the many gay people that play arma ;)

Just think of the many gay people that play arma ;)

Such as yourself?:rolleyes: Why would a openly gay person play a "mil-sim" which promotes 'Murrika if they are not able to serve in the army.:confused:

Such as yourself?:rolleyes: Why would a openly gay person play a "mil-sim" which promotes 'Murrika if they are not able to serve in the army.:confused:

I myself not gay, but i have no feelings towards homosexuals

Gay people play this game like any other non gay person

alot of the world allows homosexuals to join the army, such as the UK, USA for example?

Because there's nothing that says they can't. Stop stereotyping homosexuals.

Back on topic please, people.

Make A3 females sit properly in all vehicles and aircrafts, let them hold weapons, carry stuff and be able to chat/communicate more often. BIS devs should make them look and walk like typical south european females. If they don't know it exactly devs should get a ticket to make/continue their research.

Better do things right instead of being in trouble (or bugged)... :satisfied:

BIS devs should make them look and walk like typical south european females.

What are wou talking about dude? They may look alike south european females, it's okay (you could have been some more specific, as Portugal, Spain, Italy and Turkey are all in the south aswell), but walk as a southern european female? How do they walk? Is it anything different than any other woman in the world?

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Well, in US military, female personal is about 20~25% depends on branch

It accounts too civilians doesn't it? Secretaries and all.

Operative;1948652']What are wou talking about dude? They may look alike south european females' date=' it's okay (you could have been some more specific, as Portugal, Spain, Italy and Turkey are all in the south aswell), but walk as a southern european female? How do they walk? Is it anything different than any other woman in the world?

I think his point is that A3 is set in Southern Europe so BIS should cut straight to the chase and start mo' cap'n. As for whether they actualy move diffrently or not, well, probably not, but why waste time finding out?

To be honest. I'm against females in ArmA 3.

Not because I'd generally be against them. But I just don't want to get my experience spoiled by many people who run around as females.

It would just not seem realistic to me, to see more than 1% females in a combat environment.

Instead of spending any time on females, the developers should rather spend their time on entry and exit animations for vehicles.

There will be female soldiers when involved with aliens (Halo, Mass Effect, D9, AvP, BLA). Without Xeno-thingy species there will be a true world of male only (BF, CoD, Stalker, Metro).