Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

there is more than just Multiplayer, and the more i play MP the more I see that SP is in fact more immersive. MP tend to be more and more pure arcade.

I agree and that is why I prefer SP as well. Besides, it seems that a lot of MP players play like they are playing DOOM or Quake with their tatics. Not my style.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

No, thats ok. I do NOT want to hear a female robot voice telling me about an enemy 500 meters at 2 o' clock. Plus I think its ridiculous to have females in service. And as I've said before, women are an extreme danger to their male counterparts on the field.

As long as there are Female players playing MP, there should be female soldiers in the game. Why should they be forced to only play as male soldiers just because some don't think women should serve?

Personally, as long as they can pass training and able to shoot, I have no problem with them in combat areas.

I wouldn't mind seeing them in support roles (drivers, nurse, etc), but I think in terms of infantry roles they should be seperate units (Opposed to random such as faces/race in A2) and left to the mission maker as to whether or not there should be a female in the squad or overall mission.

Edited by Devil Dogs SF

I wouldn't mind seeing them in support roles (drivers, nurse, etc), but I think in terms of infantry roles they should be seperate units (Opposed to random such as faces/race in A2) and left to the mission maker as to whether or not there should be a female in the squad or overall mission.

Of course that's how it should be implemented; I don't recall anyone ever saying gender should be a randomized characteristic.

We still don't even know if there will be female characters in ArmA 3, but if there are they should have all the same abilities (vehicle operation & weapon use) as male characters.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Ah here we go again the mysoginist crowd rallying behind the "realism" argument.

Because it is realistic doesn't mean it has to be implemented in the game, especially if it's ANNOYING.

I believe i've been requesting this for ... well since the flashpoint days, one female face for players and npcs, that support custom skin, and one voice.

Is it asking this much?

Seriously BIS, you want more buyers? try to cater to the few women who are in your community.

it's pointless making requests. BIS doesn't give a shazbot about what the players want. they got their own agenda and that's it. nothing more. they don't even take the time to make C130's or Chinook ramps walkable (except a static one - lol). no, instead the player has to stupidly open a menu and pick a seat to spawn into...

BIS is never gonna do it right because they don't care. just look at the extremely lame singleplayer campaign of Operation Arrowhead. ArmA 3 is gonna look nice on pictures and cutscenes, but the gameplay will still suck because BIS doesn't take the time to walk the extra mile to polish on details. and that's why it's still gonna suck - imho.

p.s: I'm all for female soldier support - and the above mentioned walkable ramps and vehicle entering improvements. that's all I'm asking. if that's not in the game, ArmA3 will have to stay in the store-shelf for me. BIS better don't screw it up this time (again).

nobody cares about volumetric clouds and that sorta nonsense. sure, it looks nice but BIS better implement something that makes SENCE and FUN in the game and is less ressource hogging stuff like stupid volumetric clouds.. especially when they claim to make it less hardware-hungry. they say one thing and do another, again..

Edited by Bulldog Six

it's pointless making requests. BIS doesn't give a sh!t about what the players want. they got their own agenda and that's it. nothing more. they don't even take the time to make C130's or Chinook ramps walkable. no, instead the player has to stupidly open a menu and pick a seat to spawn into...

BIS is never gonna do it right because they don't care. just look at the extremely lame singleplayer campaign of Operation Arrowhead. ArmA 3 is gonna look nice on pictures and cutscenes, but the gameplay will still suck because BIS doesn't take the time to walk the extra mile to polish on details. and that's why it's still gonna suck - imho.

Guy, if your idea of superb gameplay is to walk up & down ramps and ogle women, go for it.

While his post is totally retarded, he does have a point about BIS needing to bump up the polish. They may be little details but often they cannot be easily done with mods (especially if it involves editing BIS models).

However the lack of female combat anims in ArmA 2 is a little more than lack of polish IMO, it's quite a disappointment.

ogle women

Since when was that even mentioned? It's not about putting them in so we can look at some fucking video-game boobs (we already have other retarded games where we can do that), it's about the fact there are real women in the service, there are bound to be many more in the future in active combat roles, and it would be stupid NOT to have them.

Bohemia Interactive is well aware that they need to polish the game more.

Developing for a console means that there are many more regulations and compliance procedures. These can cause delays on the one hand, but forced us to streamline, polish and optimize on the other hand. We were also able to identify our technology's bottlenecks when applied to a fixed (and often less powerful than PC) hardware platform. These were all lessons we try to bring forward with us into the future.

On-Topic:

I wouldn't mind the inclusion of women soldiers. It's not like it will change the gameplay in anyway.

Edited by Nicholas

it's pointless making requests. BIS doesn't give a shazbot about what the players want. they got their own agenda and that's it. nothing more.

I wouldn't hold it against them if they no longer cared about what you want, Bulldog Six.

Didn't we already have a thread about this when ARMA 2 was released? And wasn't all of this discussed ad nauseum?

Edit: Why yes, yes we did. This thread seems to be going worse.

Edited by Zipper5

Yes, there was a discussion, but as we've seen in arma 2 it wasn't satisfactory. Is there a problem with bringing it up again?

While his post is totally retarded, he does have a point about BIS needing to bump up the polish. They may be little details but often they cannot be easily done with mods (especially if it involves editing BIS models).

However the lack of female combat anims in ArmA 2 is a little more than lack of polish IMO, it's quite a disappointment.

Lack of female combat animations is because of a lack of female combat units. How can lack of female animations be lack of polish/disappointing if there are no female combat units to use those animations? It's one thing to say that BIS should include female units. It's another thing to say that BIS has in some way let players down, or simply wrong, to not include female combat units. It's completely understandable why there are no female combat animations. And there shouldn't be any if there aren't going to be any female combat units, as is the case with all BIS products. If vanilla units are going to be of the U.S. and U.K., it isn't necessarily wrong for BIS to cling to realism and not have female combat units. That said, I do think that BIS should add animations for female combat units, as most nations at least allow women to serve as MPs and combat pilots. But if BIS decides not to do that, they aren't committing a great sin or wrong. And the community should not consider BIS to be wrong or sexist if they choose not to include female combat units.

Well civilian men can pick up a gun... I could see though, if no civilians could pick up a gun at all.

Why is it whenever this discussion comes up the first immediate jump is to modern military without any thought of militia's?

Heck like many people have said, Operation Flashpoint allowed the female civilians to use weapons, why can't Arma3.

I wouldn't hold it against them if they no longer cared about what you want, Bulldog Six.

Didn't we already have a thread about this when ARMA 2 was released? And wasn't all of this discussed ad nauseum?

Edit: Why yes, yes we did. This thread seems to be going worse.

It's getting worse because BIS keep doing the same mistakes over and over. How many times are they going to pull out the reloadable AT4 launcher thing, so the first thing modders will do is to make a single shot version?

I don't give a damn about driving tanks into shipping containers, this is Arma, not Garry's mod.

And the female soldiers (sorry, FACES, and voice because that's all that is really needed on a character wearing bulky gears, it's hardly asking for the moon considering Arma 1 had a female voice.) are just one more in the long list of things that BIS "should" do instead of focusing so much on polishing their tank textures.

I'd settle for both. I'm not angry at BIS for adding physics.

Lack of female combat animations is because of a lack of female combat units. How can lack of female animations be lack of polish/disappointing if there are no female combat units to use those animations? It's one thing to say that BIS should include female units. It's another thing to say that BIS has in some way let players down, or simply wrong, to not include female combat units. It's completely understandable why there are no female combat animations. And there shouldn't be any if there aren't going to be any female combat units, as is the case with all BIS products. If vanilla units are going to be of the U.S. and U.K., it isn't necessarily wrong for BIS to cling to realism and not have female combat units. That said, I do think that BIS should add animations for female combat units, as most nations at least allow women to serve as MPs and combat pilots. But if BIS decides not to do that, they aren't committing a great sin or wrong. And the community should not consider BIS to be wrong or sexist if they choose not to include female combat units.

So you are telling me it's perfectly understandable that an arbitrary male character (civilian or soldier) can pick up and fire a weapon but an arbitrary female character cannot? I never said anything about female soldiers and TBH I don't care how realistic it is for women to be involved in modern combat (btw, ArmA 3 is not modern and BIS has made it perfectly clear they are willing to take creative freedom with army compositions, so such arguments don't even apply).

You know I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's unrealistic for most armed forces to allow a simple infantryman to fly helicopters too; but nobody is arguing about being able to do so in ArmA. So why should women (the women already present in the game) not have full combat animations if it's quite possible IRL for a woman to use a weapon?

It is disappointing, but I know there are reasons behind things and I can only hope BI's reason is not because they simply don't want to (because I really hope they try to in ArmA 3).

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Here are some quotes from AA3 regarding Pvt. Monica Brown (Now Sgt, a true hero):

"Sergeant Monica Brown's personal experience underscores the evolving history of women in the Army. Women began serving in the [u.S.] Military as nurses in WW2. And today, they are still making history around the world. They are driving trucks, patrolling the streets as military police, and are attached to Infantry and line units. They are heroes in the face of their fears. And, like Monica Brown, they are accomplishing great deeds as soldiers."

"For her extraordinary bravery and complete disregard for her own safety, Private Monica Brown was awarded the Silver Star by Vice President Dick Cheney at a ceremony in Afghanistan." She saved the lives of 2 male soldiers.

"Monica is only the second female since WW2 to receive such an honor"

As for higher awards:

Dr. Mary Walker received the Army's Medal of Honor during the American Civil War (while a POW). Since then, she is still the only woman to receive such a medal.

I have no problem believing women can do the job, if givin the opportunity. This is just a game, there should be no barriers over someones sex. If some men can't handle the idea of women in combat, that's their shortcoming, this is a game. Why should all female players be forced to play as men, just as Joan of Arc had to do?

Check her out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Lin_Brown

While you're there, check out Sgt. Leigh Ann Hester : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Ann_Hester (the 1st since WW2)

Edited by GPSpector

You know I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's unrealistic for most armed forces to allow a simple infantryman to fly helicopters too;

End of thread. Some people say it's dangerous to put women and men along side each other on the battlefield, but imagine the danger of putting Pvt. Podunk at the wheel of a state-of-the art tilt rotor troop transport. No further argument against women characters with combat animations is possible from this standpoint.

Since when was that even mentioned? It's not about putting them in so we can look at some fucking video-game boobs (we already have other retarded games where we can do that), it's about the fact there are real women in the service, there are bound to be many more in the future in active combat roles, and it would be stupid NOT to have them.

I suggest you look at the post to which mine was a reply :) a dullwitted reply to a dullwitted post. I'm sure I have no real thoughts as to the motives of people wishing for women soldiers.

I am on record as having a preference for any kind of different body types in ArmA, short, fat, tall, thin, female etc.

You know I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's unrealistic for most armed forces to allow a simple infantryman to fly helicopters....
End of thread. Some people say it's dangerous to put women and men along side each other on the battlefield, but imagine the danger of putting Pvt. Podunk at the wheel of a state-of-the art tilt rotor troop transport. No further argument against women characters with combat animations is possible from this standpoint.

End of thread? Please let it be so!

You gota love when the argument of "animations" is brought up, nearly every games out there use the same skeleton and animations for men and women and it's working just fine.

Some people say it's dangerous to put women and men along side each other on the battlefield, but imagine the danger of putting Pvt. Podunk at the wheel of a state-of-the art tilt rotor troop transport. No further argument against women characters with combat animations is possible from this standpoint.

Fackin' win.

Just to comment; my gf is playing arma 2 to be able to play with our clan. There are girls that play these kind of games, saying anything else is just stupid or by ignorence.