Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

why wasnt their an option for "who cares, or indifferent" ....if they add them great...if they keep things the same great...female strippers and other such services for the men would be welcome...

why wasnt their an option for "who cares, or indifferent" ....if they add them great...if they keep things the same great...female strippers and other such services for the men would be welcome...

Because there is no real value in knowing this statistic.

Because there is no real value in knowing this statistic.

why not if people are indifferent then they would know that this isnt a feature that is worth putting the time into....which i dont think it is, if they do it right as some have suggested....unless the females are naked, strippers or sex workers they should not be added in game....

Sooo that would basicly be the third option, as it is now and the trolling really isn't necessary.

Edited by NodUnit

Sooo that would basicly be the third option, as it is now and the trolling really isn't necessary.

no i really dont care about gender at all...i could be playing a nongendered character (i forgot the word for this)...i wouldnt care it wouldnt change the game for me or anyone else...we would still be playing the game in the same way...the appearance of the character or their gender or what ever dosent matter...they could be freaking reptilian invaders and it wouldnt matter...id still be playing the same game...shooting the same guns...with the same physics and so on....

also the historical reasons for females not fighting are irrelevant 1 cuz they were needed to reproduce and tend the children (population and changing gender roles have have made this somewhat of a moot point) and 2 because fighting up untill recently (few 100 years) has been determined largely on the strength of the individual adeptness of the individual, since the gun (historically known as the great equalizer) things have changed and the difference between men and women has closed some...but is still there for sure....as long as in athletics women are less adept than men their will always be reasons for women to not serve in combat...

BUT if the woman can enter say seal team training and pass the tests WITHOUT any lowered standards then i say more power to you and wouldnt make any restrictions...the problem with women entering the military and other such things generally the women have lower standards which will bring down the group or unit as a whole....

Edited by tk1138

I don't see why they shouldn't be included in combat roles, although either way they definitly need to be able to use weapons like the male civilians.

When common female's brain size is 10% smaller than common male, I can pretty sure it does matter on the decision of tactics.

When common female's brain size is 10% smaller than common male, I can pretty sure it does matter on the decision of tactics.

You know, its not the size that matters, its how you use it.

They also mature faster than males.... obviously. :p

You know, its not the size that matters, its how you use it.

Of course. I am not joking, and I am really concerning how military give them orders, while they have to take decision without it.

Of course. I am not joking, and I am really concerning how military give them orders, while they have to take decision without it.

I'm pretty sure that of all the reasons not to have female combatants, that this is the most meaningless and nonsensical :)

We have female paramedics here in Aus, problem with that also? No. Female Doctors, no. Female surgeons, no. They can do it just as well, if not better in some circumstances.

Yes...anf maybe this is why they bail out of service twice as often.

The recent stop in conscription in german army recently brought an interesting fact to daylight....the current remaining volunteers have a very low grade of education...pointing to another fact beeing that in germany the educational grade of women is higher than that of men already.

Im begining to think this thread is not a dead horse but an indestructable benevolent trouser snake the size of a spice worm.

You, sir, are full of win.

have_a_cookie.gif

Yes...anf maybe this is why they bail out of service twice as often.

The recent stop in conscription in german army recently brought an interesting fact to daylight....the current remaining volunteers have a very low grade of education...pointing to another fact beeing that in germany the educational grade of women is higher than that of men already.

I would say that this this the norm...usually those who enter military service are the poor or poorly educated (usually its both)this has been true through out history generally (except for the "elite units")

I would say that this this the norm...usually those who enter military service are the poor or poorly educated (usually its both)this has been true through out history generally (except for the "elite units")

And officers, don't forget that in most places, an officer school does a good job at educating people. Conscription tends to attract uneducated and poor (as well as people with "questionable" past), because they have no other option. That was the case in Polish army as well, everybody avoided being conscripted any way they could, so those who got into military like that were usually poor, uneducated and, TBH, quite stupid. Since women weren't conscripted, there were very, very few that went there. Hopefully, this is going to change after abolishing conscription, since now, the army is trying to be much more professional. On the other hand, old habits are hard to break, and it'll take time to get rid of the negative reputation Polish military has.

Of course, the above does not apply to officers at all, and press had written an article about a female officer serving in Iraq (and I'm certain she wasn't a "desk ranger" kind of officer).

I imagine that in armies with better reputation (like U.S. Army or USMC) women would be more common on enlisted positions.

Gender equality should take precedence over all other new features for ARMA3. An all-female SEAL team is a must, with big boobs, and when they are running PhysX should simulate realistic boob bounce. Nip slips and camel toes would also add to realism but aren't a high priority.

I agree, jiggle physics are completely vital to any good milsim game :rolleyes:

Gender equality should take precedence over all other new features for ARMA3. An all-female SEAL team is a must, with big boobs, and when they are running PhysX should simulate realistic boob bounce. Nip slips and camel toes would also add to realism but aren't a high priority.

What?... you have NO respect in women seriously? Are you even serious on those things that you've just said? personally I dont disagree with the idea of female soldiers, just as long as they look like the current soldiers in the modern militaries like this woman right here: females-soldiers-920-23.jpg?w=920&h=706

My prediction on how this would go with the community if the feature got implemented:

"Oh, neat! Women soldiers!"

Then they proceed to make a couple of missions with women, maybe even a full out war of the women.

A month later, they won't even notice the women.

Also, Cripsis was being sarcastic. Sarcasm does not imply disrespect.

Normally sarcasm like that would be obvious but this topic is a touchy one to many, including myself who was aggitated and jumped down someones throat, clearly missing the sarcasm behind it. Perhaps it's all of the serious 4chan attitude towards the topic or womaizers that soured it..either way probably best not to go that route.