smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Where do you think the new animations come from? I am the only animator left in the world :D

he was confiscated to ensure the future belongs to us :)

That's great news :)

Grats on the confiscation then ! Looking forward to something SPECIAL in Arma3 then !

Hehe thats great man and well deserved. Side bonus is now we can criticise you freely without the oh so tired "I'm doing this for free on my spare time you Forum-tard!!"

J/k j/k :p

*Ducks for cover* :pistols: *Unfortunately it's wrong direction*

Edited by froggyluv

thank goodness, because the animations in this game are awful. Smookie I hope you do a great job in Arma 3, As far I can see Bis is going to use scripted animation again, I will not see many changes in arma 3...

the only thing i could think of that would be better than smookie would be something like Natrualmotion's Euphoria but thats something completely different.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Another taken by natural selection.....

Quite heartening realy to have already experienced the quality of works of thosefolks being snatched by the ones above

PS your waiting time should hopefully be rewarded with some really good stuff somewhere next year ;)

He's been hinting at it for long enough!

Great to see that BI is using some excellent work of the community (resp. its creators)!

Congrats, Smookie! :)

Edited by Undeceived

cool! some animations needs motion capture to be perfect smooth and synchronized

cool! some animations needs motion capture to be perfect smooth and synchronized

most of them like Battlefield 3, 99% motion capture

It already did, this just made it a whole lot better.

Congrats Smookie.

Well, I always try to put something new with each release. So you may pretty much expect the unexpected ;) Plus some of you if not all, have already seen part of my work in the presentations:) I hope its looking good.

Cross fingers that we get proper animated stuff that works and is believable, kinda dislike the trend to see ridiculous animations/movements. Maybe its possible to get the player badly injured if he tries to make himself look supercool? Something that he does once and never again.... ;)

Smookie is BIS contracting work for you or are you apart of the full time Development team now?

Arma 3 with these animations at launch would be awesome, we need work on wound animations though, it really hasn't gotten much love me thinks. ACE 2 did a great job expanding the core mechanic but the animations are still not too believable.

Congratulations on making the dev team and splendid MOD! :D

I know it's been a while since the last post here but I've noticed two big issues with the most recent version of the mod.

1. When using "right back to wall" and leaning out from cover to the right, the sights will come out of alignment when aiming up or down while using any weapon that doesn't zoom in with an optic. This makes it more or less impossible to accurately fire from cover(which is the entire point of this mod if I'm not mistaken).

2. When throwing a grenade while using "back to wall" to either side, the grenade, even if thrown with maximum strength, only rolls about 2-3 feet. Smokes will roll about 10 feet thrown at max strength, and good god flashbangs will fly around 100+ feet like you're superman. But the grenade issue will kill you every time 100%.

And Smookie, congrats on getting hired by BI. I found out yesterday and got an entirely new level of excitement for ArmA.

Smookie, have any news about addon, or we must waiting SMK anims integrated in A3 ;) :D?!

I just got the feeling that I like, really... fking... need a half working version of this addon. Like, right now. For me the single biggest issue is that you walk in slow motion in multiplayer. If you only fixed that and released that as a new version, I would be happy forever. That is the only thing that really makes it unplayable. Just that tiny fix, please? :D

Dansk I have never experienced that issue. Are you sure you have the latest working version?

Also, how do I get to the anim manager? Do I have to un-PBO the .pbo?