smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Only if you use a previous version that lets you use that animation anywhere instead of just at certain walls

I think those are debug messages, and they'll go away as soon as the mod maker has time to finish this mod :)

Only some weapons can blind fire I think, I'm pretty sure heavy weapons like sniper rifles and MG's can't

I'm firing with a G36 with grenade luncher, it worked yesterday strangely while I was shooting by a window, but suddently it stopped.

ACE is not intended as a "Put everything in that's cool" mod :) (For starters, 'cool' is relative/subjective)

Well, I have to retort. First of all, not everything. FP and ARMA were lacking proper CQB techniques all this time and this was spoling gameplay experience to significant degree. And I am not in any way meant "Just add it immediately as it is", I'm trying to say, that for ACE2 (and subsequent reincarnations) it would be great acquisition, vastly extending ingame abilities of a player; that ACE dev community shoud have lent a helping hand to this project and with combined efforts would have made it to blossom

Well, I have to retort. First of all, not everything. FP and ARMA were lacking proper CQB techniques all this time and this was spoling gameplay experience to significant degree. And I am not in any way meant "Just add it immediately as it is", I'm trying to say, that for ACE2 (and subsequent reincarnations) it would be great acquisition, vastly extending ingame abilities of a player; that ACE dev community shoud have lent a helping hand to this project and with combined efforts would have made it to blossom

Isn't that almost as direct as saying "Sickboy, you should've helped develop this instead of just playing around with ACE features?"

I understand where both you and Sickboy are coming from. But, to be on the fair side, if the PvP animations works alongside ACE2 (which I personally use together), then what's the problem? Smookie did an excellent job thus far, Sickboy and his team have done an excellent job pushing the gameplay limits of Arma and by separating them, it allows some players to pick and choose what options they want to use.

If anything, it would be nice if BIS could look into putting some of these animations into the vanilla arma game (not a request just a personal thought).

I hope Smookie finds time to add more or fix any bugs that people are having when he gets a chance

Right but i can't roll, climb itp aswell :( and when i'm starting game it's showing that SMK anims requiers addon CA_Anims_E. ?!?

Right but i can't roll, climb itp aswell :( and when i'm starting game it's showing that SMK anims requiers addon CA_Anims_E. ?!?

That means it requires OA as well, not only A2.

Generally, if you get an "addon X requires addon Y", don't expect addon X to work as intended if at all. And yes, that seems like an OA file you're missing, which makes sense considering this mod was made for OA.

This mod not fully compatible with ACE2, there some bugs with SMK animations because they have incompatible with ACE2 custom animations for some weapons.

P.S. Try press "C" when you slowly run with AS-50 and... here we go:

smkace2bug.jpg

Edited by Eagleone

It's not just with ACE2, it's with other weapon packs that alter weapon animations as well. Don't think he's gonna be able to get'm all, ya know what I mean? Hehe =

I would again like to say how much this mod addresses the clunky movement feel of arma2. this is one of the biggest downers to arma 2Oa to me know and where it is really showing its age...

i look forward to seeing more of this developed - especially the basics like movement speed, smoothness movements and stance changes and even getting the jump/vault more fluid (it already opens up a lot of gameplay options without becoming a dolphin dive)

maybe was mentioned already, or not... but when you fire an AT4 and drop it, it drops 2 empty AT4 o.O

You must be running inko disposable on top of ACE. You don't need inko disposable if you have ACE

mmm yeah! a looooot Islands, objects, units, factions, etc, etc :s

I dont know... Mando Misile, BDTracers

Has anyone figured out how to stop AI from getting stuck in sniper sit? I didnt search through the pages because i dont have time for it. Please Help!

For the moment the only way is to make sure the AI is set to Danger or Aware. Gonna have to wait for the mod to be updated for now though...

I am sorry. Still totally overloaded with work. I will try to scratch some time for this next month.

A Dev avatar? Did someone get scooped up to make awesome new animations for Arma 3 :m: