smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Hello Smookie,

is it possible to release or edit your work for a SMK light version? The things I am talking about are mainly the different jogging speeds and the sniper stance.

Why light? Not all of the movements things seem to be working properly in the way, that sometimes you run into a wall / car and die due to glitch. Also you crush your mate at a wall or vehicle.

Regards

AzE

The change made by Reezo in version 2.25 has not been one of the best! Cause I release a sequence without the recognition of the walls?

Hello Smookie,

is it possible to release or edit your work for a SMK light version? The things I am talking about are mainly the different jogging speeds and the sniper stance.

Why light? Not all of the movements things seem to be working properly in the way, that sometimes you run into a wall / car and die due to glitch. Also you crush your mate at a wall or vehicle.

Regards

AzE

This. +1

this is superb, the only thing that's strange is the crouched stance, when i play with AI it looks really strange, how they bend over their upper body to the front, that doesn't look that good..IF a dude is bending over like that while walking crouched having a MG in his hand, he must have killer abs :) ..but the addon itself is super awesome for urban combat..really good

As the titles says, this was an addon designed especially for PvP. The AI won't be able to handle this properly, and although it does wok, you'll run into a few issues (for example with some AI getting stuck in the crouch sniper stance).

well ok, when i play coop, and human buddy is running next to me, then it looks the same, it has nothing to do with the AI, it's just the angle of the body in that stance..

AI works fine for me, they don't make use of the special feaatures like tactical jog, but they still move fine.

for me they do, it looks really awesome, to make it clear, i'm not complaining about anything, i haven't checked this addon before, i only doing first person, and so i only saw it while playing with AI or buddy, the crouched stance with raised weapon looks weird, thats all..

Hello Smookie,

Regards

AzE

Agreed, +2

Ah came across something interesting today, not sure if it has been covered before.

Using tactical jog totally negates ACE weight system, evident by the fact I could run around with 80+ Kg of gear..just a teeny bug ;)

Is this mod still being worked on? For some reason Cooper dosen't get animated while lowering his weapon. I realize this isn't a SP mod, But i can't for the life of me figure out why only Cooper is unable to use the animations while any other character works fine.

I don't think there will be an update sadly. Which sucks because I was hoping to be able to use the 'back to wall' on all walls....it only works on certain ones at the moment. And alot of people have the AI freezing in sniper stance...although when I use ACE that doesn't seem to happen, weird.

Is this mod still being worked on? For some reason Cooper dosen't get animated while lowering his weapon. I realize this isn't a SP mod, But i can't for the life of me figure out why only Cooper is unable to use the animations while any other character works fine.

He's just paranoid from the events in Chernarus :D

i belive this is to do with the weapons rather than the playermodels, either way seeing smookies been stolen for super secret work in the BI dungeons i doubt this will be updated before A3 when some time frees up.

Shame this mod didn't get the love it deserves..at least it means good news for Arma 3 though :D

quote from pcgamer:

How do the new animations affect close quarters combat? (@craig_vg)

You heard it here: Arma 3 is balanced for double lean. The new stance animations operate as modifiers. Like Arma 2, you still hit Q or E to lean, X to crouch, and Z to go prone. But you can take an additional step left or right by hold Ctrl and hitting Q or E again. These adjustments are specific to each stance, so if you’re crouched and hit Ctrl + W, you’ll poke your head and upper body up a bit. If you’re prone, you can twist to the right by hitting Ctrl + E.

There’s at least one ridiculous animation, too: when you’re prone, if you tap Ctrl + W, you go into this “last stand†kind of pose, you lie almost flat on your back, cradling the gun on your left forearm with the barrel pointed forward. And you can fire while doing this. It looks lazy and heroic and hilarious. I didn’t experience too much CQC in the demo, but mostly I’d expect these commands to increase the viability of fighting from windows/openings. They definitely let me peek around corners without taking awkward, stuttering steps, as is often the case in A2. We’ll finally have the movement flexibility to pop in and out of cover without being at a disadvantage.

I searched but couldn't find anything on this.

When you have SMK and Group Link 4 enabled, some animations will hurt you. For example, if I blindfire, shoot from sniper crouch, or shoot from backtowall position, it hurts me.

I confirmed it by disabling GL4 and not having this problem.

Would like to add to this that I began bleeding all over the place, probably because I'm using it with SLX which I think uses GL3. I'm curious as to which key most of you bind Turbo to without extra thumb buttons etc. I bound mine to Ctrl, and while I'm in the process of trying out all these cool features blind fire does not seem to work properly for me, although back to wall works fine.

That being said, great work Snookie!

Update: I found that SLX seems to be the issue with blindfire as well. Removing it fixes it, but will further experiment with removing SLX components.

Update 2: Disabling SLX animations crawl, holdsprint, and jump seem to resolve the issue. Will also recommend removing SLX AT_lying. It works better than SMK's prone launcher (no special key needed), but is probably easier to remove as it is modular.

Edited by Kildar
Discoveries

Is it possible to have the SMK Anims pack on the scroll wheel to toggle it on and off?

For example clearing buildings and OBUA toggle on.

But stepping out in to the bondoo back to standard arma anims for war fighting, via scroll menu toggle?

Just a question don't bite my head of forum uber trolls :)

Sorry its impossible in the easy way. You could swap a character you are using via scripts with a model that would be using my moves config but again this would have to be done for every possible unit u are going to operate with.

Eh, I am wondering. Is there any possibility to get rid of Sniper sit alltogether? I've been toying with the config file and tried removing the entries for the supposed Sniper sit animations, but all I am getting in return are config errors >_<

To be frank, this mod is like perfectly playable for me, even in the 0.25 status, just the sniper sit problem (AI getting stuck) is killing it :butbut:

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Yeah the sniper sit is the one reason I don't use this mod anymore

Good news is there is an update coming first week of september that will fix most of issues.

Good news is there is an update coming first week of september that will fix most of issues.
Wonderful news! Are there any specifics you have in mind? For me the biggest thing that stands out as "a noticeable issue" is the sticky cover interactivity.

I'm still hoping to see the "drop sling" transition animation in ARMA 3 just like in your mod alongside the "sling over back" animation, but I'm grateful for what you've done for ARMA 3 elsewhere (can you confirm if "transition while moving" IS in ARMA 3? Since the character was standing still during that portion of the Night Ops showcase, that didn't clearly prove or disprove it), and I recognize that this update for the mod is at your convenience.

now that is fentestic news.