smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Don't really know about hits, perhaps i can make one or two as a gesture (meaning they will work in all positions). This however involves scripting and tbh wouldnt be too good for PvP. Killed animations is a whole different thing though -

)

If you could add a Hits flinch type reaction -I would buy a dog and name him smookie -I mean it.

I like the speed of the death anima -something I've felt the game has been sorely lacking (along with hit reaction).

Looking good.

I'm a bit concerned about the amount of extra -gimmicky- special animations and how they may end up cluttering the interface/implementation.

What about a set of animations that better reflect carrying heavier weapons that are still fired from the shoulder; Machineguns and Anti-Material sniper rifles essentially.

-k

These are starting to look very impressive. Any chance of rotating the view through a scope when you're lying down shooting around corners? Your eyes are way off horizontal so the scope view should be too. This might be a limitation of the engine though.

I am trying to implement these features in a way that will be easy to use with few buttons/combinations.

What I am doing is basically taking advantage of BIS default settings, which I believe are used by absolute majority of PvP players. However, I also base on keys that are not defined since there are simply more moves I wish to implement than BIS would have thought about. Here is an example:

There is a Turbo button, not assigned, that in combination with direction keys (left, right, back, left back, right back) allows for 5 more actions (turbo + direction is at the moment quick evasive move, and turbo + back is assigned to a roll). There are also stances key which are not defined by default (Stand, Crouch, Prone) which can be assigned to shift + appropriate stance (for instance PlayerCrouch action is by default assigned to "X" while I assign regular Crouch to "shift + x" etc.). This allows me for still keeping the controls simple. And so i get:

c (stand) while running with gun up - lower your gun and move in jogging pace

shift + c - is a general panic button for the fall down move.

shift + x while crouching (when you pressed x) - sniper sit position

x while crouching - go to kneel, while kneeling - go to crouching

etc. etc.

I also believe that for chaps who can detect moving pixels in less than half a second, this will be no problem at all :)

Edited by Smookie

These are starting to look very impressive. Any chance of rotating the view through a scope when you're lying down shooting around corners? Your eyes are way off horizontal so the scope view should be too. This might be a limitation of the engine though.

Thought of this as well, and it'd be awesome. Should be possible I think, considering it works when rolling on the ground?

It is not possible due to scope model limitations.

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it out. I hope they'll be possible to use without using default keybinds (I'm still using OFP keys, mostly :p)

Are you going to do new pistol animations as well? Because that would be amazing.

I will do a few pistol anims. In fact, only standing ones - when switching the pistol, the rifle would be left on a one point sling hanging downwards, thus giving the ability to take out pistol in split seconds, like you would do in real life. In this stance it will be possible to walk, but not run (unless you press the proper button to put the gun on your back).

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Urban prone is very close to the finish, at least for the time being. I left my comments in the video description.

Looking really good. As long as the keybindings are adjustable and aren't too draining on the already-almost-used-up keyboard. I just hope this can be incorporated with some big mods so that we actually see this and can play with this on servers.

Also, will this be compatible with AI? They don't have to be able to use all the new stuff, but it would be very nice if they wouldn't get completely broken by it (that is, having this mod make AI any worse than they currently are at the very least). After all I don't see this as a PvP-only thing, this looks like a much needed major fix for the game as a whole.

Also, will this be compatible with AI? They don't have to be able to use all the new stuff, but it would be very nice if they wouldn't get completely broken by it (that is, having this mod make AI any worse than they currently are at the very least).

I believe it will be, although mod and AI compatibility are of no concern to me.

I never normally use mods/addons but this is one we will im sure be adding to our server any sort of release date ?

Should be ready for next ECL season, I would say around 20ish April?

some of WIP.

I am also working simultaneously on launcher animations (including firing and moving in prone position)

Love love love. Keep it up! Great work.

Very well done! I just wanna know how the Key Mapping is being layed, so are we still being able to roll while prone or it is bring replace by the new lean function?

Nice smooth transitions especially the sliding and front rolling animation (Y)

@avengerzx - yes you still can roll. although it's not so in the current moment, I wish to have urban prone accessible via turbo + left/right key combination.

About the transitions... well, to be honest with you, I would say the animations in general are hardly smooth and I am afraid it will stay that way for some time being.

Should there be anyone willing to do some excessive beta testing (it's quite important for me to get feedback on a daily basis) or/and a person to create simple collisionshapes for new stances, please contact me via PM.

YES!

You implemented the leaning while prone, I seen your vid Smookie, that is exactly what I'm looking for, why that wasn't in the game before, or at least a similar option.

Definately looking forward to using it ingame, it will really enhance the tactical ability!

WOW!!! You are good at this stuff my friend.That video of fighting from under the vehicle was amazing! I do think the pistol change is too quick though....

Any chance of changing the death animations?