smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Yeah, I meant kneel to crouch seems too fast (but crouch to kneel is fine, it should be as fast as it is).

Even in the video you've shown, their steps seem bigger than what you have when they walk fast at the start of the video.

Roger, I will double check it then and rework.

looked at the promo vidz, very cool.

especially love the Fall over move.

Also would add an request already posted, new killed and hit animations, for instance not lay down like a sack of flour when shot in the head but head thrown back and fall on your back etc etc...

Keep up the great work m8, best of luck in your endeavour.

Looks really neat! Only real gripe I have atm (since the others are just cosmetics, and I don't envy you doing new animations!) is the instant transition from standing walk to crouched walk. I hope that'll get slowed down a little?

Oo cool cool, yet it would be cool if implemented, these animations in the ACE. (translated by Google)

Nice! Those are awesome animations! They look much more natural than the default ones which I always felt were too mechanical. I take it you can fire and jog now? If so then you get 1000 imaginary cookies! :D

:omg:

I didn't know full anim creation was possible since ofp.

1) Since your making jog/run a weapon up/ready animation, you should probably lower the "aimPrecision" value (if I remember correctly), if not already done, since the current one makes your gun/arms go all over the place when fatigued. Since walk is 0.15, maybe tactical jog/run should be the same or double rather then 1.5.

2) For "Forward roll", if not already done, lower "turnSpeed" to "1" or something low, so you can't do a sharp turn while rolling.

3) As PvPscene already mentioned, a 1st person video would be nice. I want to see what the head/gun movement is like while walking (in&out of ironsights) and tactical running.

Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Seeing that this is possible makes me want to learn Maya heh.

Also must say I love the ability to drop to the left like that! Won't be very exact, but at least it'll be one way to shoot around a left-side corner without standing, or exposing the entire body by rolling out into the street!

Nice "back-drop" :) Maybe stand moving is too fast for me, but this feature looks great :)

Don't really know about hits, perhaps i can make one or two as a gesture (meaning they will work in all positions). This however involves scripting and tbh wouldnt be too good for PvP. Killed animations is a whole different thing though -

Yes, butt slide can be seen in the first video in the topic.

1) Since your making jog/run a weapon up/ready animation, you should probably lower the "aimPrecision" value (if I remember correctly), if not already done, since the current one makes your gun/arms go all over the place when fatigued. Since walk is 0.15, maybe tactical jog/run should be the same or double rather then 1.5.

its already done.

2) For "Forward roll", if not already done, lower "turnSpeed" to "1" or something low, so you can't do a sharp turn while rolling.

Will do, thanks for the advice.

3) As PvPscene already mentioned, a 1st person video would be nice. I want to see what the head/gun movement is like while walking (in&out of ironsights) and tactical running.

Will be done. At the moment we are testing it heavily on DMs and CTFs of any kind :)

Edited by Smookie

Excellent work Smookie. This could very well become a standard mod for many players ;)

I'm being hyper critical here because its already looking good it would be a pitty not to go all the way... ;)

Looking at the death vid seems to end a bit abruptly. Perhaps another key at end where limbs settle into final pose?

The new prone anim next to killed guy I think left hand returns to weapon a bit too quick.

Perhaps the left hand can support as he goes prone but then uses elbow so hand can return to weapon earlier (giving more time for transition)

Edited by EDcase

Also must say I love the ability to drop to the left like that! Won't be very exact, but at least it'll be one way to shoot around a left-side corner without standing, or exposing the entire body by rolling out into the street!

Urban prone has been implemented although shooting from that position is not very accurate.

The new prone anim next to killed guy I think left hand returns to weapon a bit too quick.

Perhaps the left hand can support as he goes prone but then uses elbow so hand can return to weapon earlier (giving more time for transition)

Fixed. It was config issue, the animation was alright but configs ikcurve has been acting too fast, now its tweaked.

Edited by Smookie

Very creative, I'm going to use this one wether I play fast-paced pvp or not, they simply outdate the vanilla animations by far.

Good job!

I love the concept of being able to lean while being prone, something I been wanting to be able to do for the longest time,

it would surely increase one's tactical ability ingame.

Would you have a prone position anim setup where the normal (vanilla) prone position you could lean to the left or right?

There is a better solution. You have your unused and unassigned Turbo button which allows for additional combinations :).

I might do anims on the right hand side (gun lying on the ground), but this takes an awful lot of time.

I use the turbo button all the time, I use it to toggle from walk to run as well as to sprint.

A quick look on urban prone

Pretty Impressive there matey! :cool:

Impressive!

Am I the only one to think a PvE version of this mod would be lovely? The PvE version could contain all the new positions without the changes in animation pace etc..

I would LOVE to use some of these moves in Coops, too. I am not sure this is possible but I don't see why it shouldn't.

The alternate crouch position, the urban prone etc. are too sexy to let go :)

I am available for help :)

Some more footage of ingame gameplay, this time finally with 1st person view as requested. Some tweaks already introduced. Transitions between most stances are done (also crouch<>kneel and crouch<>sniper sit). Still long way ahead:)

And this bit cut off to show hand grenade throwing with my anims :) Standing position

Great job. Can't wait to try them out! I think smoother and less clunky movement and dynamics like these can take the overall maneuvering a notch further.