Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Given that the gear menu for insurgency was taken from Warfare BE, is it possible at all to update to Benny's new gear UI system? It allows users to place any object into backpacks as well as remembers what is in that backpack when players respawn (not current in Insurgency.)

Placing any object into a bag is a BIS default action.

Is there any way to stop the .RPT error i am getting bellow , as you can see just in 3 seconds this is how many time i get it.

My .RPT log is now 252mb since starting last night and getting bigger, as it checks reports this error every second.

Any idea how to stop this error , or what is means ?

This happens when you change something and forgot to define it. Most likely you didn't define the UNIT you added. It can be a spelling error or an omission. I edit the mission in stages that way when I make some changes then test the mission I know ehn I screwed up. When I see this and I can't figure out my boo boo I revert to an earlier edit of the mission and try again.

Hello everyone,

After doing some editing in Insurgency 1.50, I attempted to load into the mission to play it. What I got was my splash screen image and it would not load into the mission. The only error I got is below (I've had this on other versions I've edited and the undefined deal for humv11 is not something that causes the hang up on the splash screen). I am unsure what is causing this as the RPT file says nothing other than the issue with humv11. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe
== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe"  "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib_new;@ACRE;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU" -nosplash -skipIntro -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=1 -maxmem=2047 -noCB
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2012/07/25 03:48:51
Current time:  2013/02/22 20:42:44

Version 1.62.95248
ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
"############################# Start  #############################"
Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl
[7044,142.988,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.189. MISSINIT: missionName=co30_1msob_aceinsurgency_v101, worldName=Takistan, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
[7044,158.136,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
Ref to nonnetwork object O 1-1-E
Ref to nonnetwork object C 1-1-A
[7046,177.259,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[7046,177.466,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.190, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, ace=1.14.0.589, acex=1.14.0.370, acex_ru=1.14.0.76, acex_usnavy=1.14.0.77, "]
[7046,179.728,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=true, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-D:1, group=L 1-1-D, player=Hitman132, _playerType="US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A"]
"JayArmA2Lib: ACTIVE"
[7044,156.056,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]
Error in expression <humv11>
 Error position: <humv11>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: humv11

@Holmes,

Getting stuck at the loading screen usually means you have a simple syntax error, like an extra "," or missing " somewhere. It's a PAIN to find it since it doesn't pop up as an error, but now you know! I recommend using a program like notepad++ and setting it to C# to help distinguish the code.

I figured as much. I use Crimson Editor which recognizes most widely used programming languages. I'll double check my work.

If you reached the point where you have an undefined variable, then it's probably not a simple "script didn't run" issue, becuase it did run and reached the "undefined variable" (though, then again, the script where the variable is defined could have failed to run due to such an unreported error).

I would like to see insurgency as a "standalone" module that anybody can add to implement an enemy in its own map/army/base, with the posibility to add markers where either insurgents will not appear or will turn squares green within the area of influence of those markers (to protect spawn bases from instant attack from nearby insurgent areas).

I have just started playing insurgency with my clan, its great!

We are having trouble with the gear at base though - it seems to be missing some ACRE radios, and ammo for the Javelin, etc.

2 Questions:

1. Do I fix this by editing common\client\gear\AmmoCrate.sqf?

2. The quantities are defined by the value "_amountWeapon" - how can I modify the amount?

Apologies if these questions are stupid, I have only just started playing :)

I would like to see insurgency as a "standalone" module that anybody can add to implement an enemy in its own map/army/base, with the posibility to add markers where either insurgents will not appear or will turn squares green within the area of influence of those markers (to protect spawn bases from instant attack from nearby insurgent areas).

Well that can easily be done with a marker and small change of code anyways.

I don't really understand what you mean by standalone though, this isn't a mod?

It's a mission, not a mod. Missions are placed in your missions/mpmissions folder and are acquired automatically from the server, and can only affect what actually happens during this specific mission (what the ia does, which of the weapons that exist in the game you can get and how to get them, etc). Mods need to be downloaded and set up in advance and run along with the game and can modify/add actual game data.

2 Questions:

1. Do I fix this by editing common\client\gear\AmmoCrate.sqf?

2. The quantities are defined by the value "_amountWeapon" - how can I modify the amount?

Apologies if these questions are stupid, I have only just started playing

See my tutorial i put together a while back:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?112579-Insurgency&p=2012247#post2012247

may or may not apply to the new version but it should be the same.

It's a mission, not a mod.

i think what he means is a module, something like DAC where you can add something to the mission

module that anybody can add to implement an enemy in its own map/army/base, with the posibility to add markers

not a mod as in like ACE mod type mod but a script module you place on the map that is based off of markers that will spawn enemies or something, based on what he said.

Thanks Gunter - that has helped me clear up my issues - and of course, I have another question!

I was playing insurgency on 6th Airborne, and noticed they have modified the base extensively, adding HESCO walls and additional vehicles.

I know I can modify the Vehicle spawns though description.ext, but how would I go about adding more base structures? Any advice you can give to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Many thanks

CMS

Your welcome, I would guess to add structures, and buildings would be along the same lines as adding weapons in the defines files.

What you can do is go on the 6th Airborne server and get on that mission where they have the structures or buildings added, and then get off the server.

What you'll have is their mission in your cache, you can find the same mission at this folder address:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA\mpmissionscache

something along those lines.

Just grab the mission and open it up and look at the files and codes, and the open the stock insurgency and compare notes.

if you figure it out, post back and let us know, I'm sure theres someelse wanting to do the same.

Hope that helps.

I am curious why this thread was moved from the user mission thread (which it is) to the editing room?

I am curious why this thread was moved from the user mission thread (which it is) to the editing room?

I believe because Fireball (or anyone) is no longer updating and working on the original Insurgency project. Now it's just users asking for help editing it, which makes sense.

I believe because Fireball (or anyone) is no longer updating and working on the original Insurgency project. Now it's just users asking for help editing it, which makes sense.

Well, it's right, I didn't actively work on it anymore for OA, but *drumroll* we're working on a A3 Alpha port on Stratis! :cool:

That said, the mission itself is currently also in an Alpha state and certain features, which relied on modules like ALICE/SILVIE simply won't exist yet and other stuff which relied on the MP Framework need to be rewritten, so it might take a moment to iron out the bugs and get it into a releasable state.

But since the Insurgency Git repository is anonymously available, those who like to keep track or sprint ahead, feel free. But if you DO sprint ahead, I might want to use your code... :D

Well, it's right, I didn't actively work on it anymore for OA, but *drumroll* we're working on a A3 Alpha port on Stratis! :cool:

That said, the mission itself is currently also in an Alpha state and certain features, which relied on modules like ALICE/SILVIE simply won't exist yet and other stuff which relied on the MP Framework need to be rewritten, so it might take a moment to iron out the bugs and get it into a releasable state.

But since the Insurgency Git repository is anonymously available, those who like to keep track or sprint ahead, feel free. But if you DO sprint ahead, I might want to use your code... :D

Great news! Thanks for the update, Fireball.

hi everybody, im new to this forum, i've been playing this mission since it came up. sorry for my english if i write something wrong, this is not my native language.

i'm writing here because i really enjoy making modificacions to this mission and some dominations too, mostly all that came to my head in the office i am able to solve it myself at home, but i have a modificacion in mind that i cant make it work.

The respawn system chooses between the group leader and the hq positions, and i want to add 1 more at the base i created.

i found some code and tried a lot with no luck, maybe someone can help me with this, i will be very grateful.

i will add here the lines i think makes that system work.

thanks.

Martin

fragment of functions.sqf in common/client/respawn

respawnSystem = {
private ["_c","_vehicle","_arr","_camPlayer","_plrs","_ctrlText","_pos"];
call disableSerialization;
scopeName "main"; 
_camPlayer    = objNull;
respawnCamera = "camera" camCreate [0,0,0];
respawnCamera cameraEffect ["INTERNAL","Back"];
while {isDead(player) && time > 30} do {	
	if (isNull camPlayer || _camPlayer != camPlayer) then {
		_arr = groupMembers(true,"array")+[fieldHospital][b]+[fieldHospital2][/b]; //added by me just to see what happens.. also added a second Hospital with that name in my base.
		if (livesLeft == 0) then { _arr = nearestPlayers(CENTERPOS,AORADIUS,true,"array"); };
		if (isNull camPlayer) then { camPlayer = _arr select 0;	};		
		camAttachCoords = [0,-3,1.5];
		if (camPlayer == fieldHospital) then { camAttachCoords = [-50, 0, 12]; };			
		respawnCamera camSetTarget camPlayer;
		titleText [" ","Black in", 2];	
		respawnCamera camCommit 0;			
		respawnCamera attachTo [camPlayer, camAttachCoords];
		_camPlayer = camPlayer;
		_vehicle   = camPlayer;	
		enterSpawn = false;
		_c         = 5;
	};
	if (alive camPlayer && !enterSpawn && isDead(player)) then {
		if (_c < 5) then { _c = 5; };
		if (_vehicle != vehicle camPlayer) then { 
			_vehicle   = vehicle camPlayer;
			respawnCamera attachTo [_vehicle, camAttachCoords];
			respawnCamera camSetTarget _vehicle;	
			respawnCamera camCommit 0;
		};
		call respawnTags;
	};
	if (_camPlayer == camPlayer && enterSpawn) then {
		_plrs = nearestPlayers(getPosATL camPlayer,300,true,"array");
		if (camPlayer != fieldHospital && (nearestEastMen(getPosATL camPlayer,respawnRange,true,"count") > 0
		|| vehicle camPlayer call vclisFull) ) exitWith { enterSpawn = false;	_c = 5; };	
		cutRsc["Rtags", "PLAIN"];
		_ctrlText = (uiNamespace getVariable 'TAGS_HUD') displayCtrl 64434; 	
		_ctrlText ctrlSetStructuredText parseText format[
			"<t color='%2' shadow='1' shadowColor='#000000'>Spawning in %1</t><br/><br/><t color='#808080' shadow='1' shadowColor='#000000'>Left Arrow: Previous unit<br/>Right Arrow: Next unit<br/></t>"
		, abs ceil _c, "#FFFFFF"]; 
		if ((ceil _c) <= 0) exitWith { breakTo "main"; };										
		_c = _c - 0.1;
	};
	if (!alive camPlayer) then { camPlayer = objNull; };
	sleep 0.1;
};

fragment of functions.sqf in common/client/UI

respawnTags = {
private ["_txt","_ctrlText","_bool","_color"];

if camMap exitWith {};
if (livesLeft == 0) exitWith {
	_color = "#347C17";
	if (!(str camPlayer in squadUnitStrings(squadString(player)))) then { _color = "#C11B17"; };
	_txt = format["%1: %2 (Spectating)", unitID(camPlayer), getName(camPlayer)];
		"<t color='%2' shadow='1' shadowColor='#000000'>%1</t>"
	, _txt, _color];
};
_bool = nearestEastMen(getPosATL camPlayer,respawnRange,true,"count") == 0;		

if (camPlayer != fieldHospital) then {
	_txt   = format["%1: %2 (Press Enter to Spawn)", unitID(camPlayer), getName(camPlayer)];
	_color = "#347C17";
	if !_bool then { 
		_txt   = format["%1: %2 (Cannot spawn while enemies near)", unitID(camPlayer), getName(camPlayer)]; 
		_color = "#C11B17";
	};
} else {
	_txt   = "Main Base (Press Enter to Spawn)";
	_color = "#2554C7";
};
if (lifeState camPlayer == "UNCONSCIOUS") then {
	_txt   = format["%1: %2 (Cannot spawn on a critically wounded soldier)", unitID(camPlayer), getName(camPlayer)]; 
	_color = "#C11B17";
};
if (vehicle camPlayer call vclisFull) then {
	_txt   = format["%1: %2 (Cannot spawn while vehicle is full)", unitID(camPlayer), getName(camPlayer)];
	_color = "#C11B17";
};

"<t color='%2' shadow='1' shadowColor='#000000'>%1</t><br/><br/><t color='#808080' shadow='1' shadowColor='#000000'>Left Arrow: Previous unit<br/>Right Arrow: Next unit<br/></t>"
, _txt, _color];
};

New release for Arma 3: 0.90

Finally we got all major bugs ironed out for A3 and I decided to release a version 0.90 for A3 Stratis without some of the past features, due to some game engine issues for A3 Alpha yet.

Known issues

- Error pop-up: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons. - during respawn (only once per player and game)

- Error pop-up: Cannot load texture a3\air_f\data\mi48_rocket_co.paa. - when you blow a cache (only once per player and game)

Both errors/warnings probably due to some A3 Alpha data faults.

Missing features/changes from previous versions:

- No custom injury/battlefield clearance system

- A-10 has been replaced with AH-9

- No explosive belts for OPFOR units

- No civilians

- No roof guns

- Menu to regulate terrain grid detail missing; will be re-added in next version

- Fireball & Kol9yN

--------

Project Details

Mission available at

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/files

(scroll to the bottom)

For improvements and fixes, please see the roadmap at:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/roadmap

Please feel free to post your suggestions here or, better even, file a ticket on DevHeaven in the project issue tracker.

Edited by Fireball

Wow - fantastic news to wake up to!

You say some features are not included - is there a version log/description in the works?

Thanks for continuing your support into Arma 3!

THANK YOU!!

Testing now on private server join teamspeak for password and info (see my sig)

I can't be killed in this mission. Running dedi on my own PC to test it out, took 3 full mags at 3m. Arma 3 version.

Edit: Restart the mission and left params default, no god mode. No idea what happened.

Edited by Trauma.au