Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Has anyone ever made an insurgency variant where the Opfor gets access to the Awesome ACE light mortars ?

Perhaps inside of a ammo cache with 10-20 shells , or 2 new opfor classes, mortar man (Tube + bipod ) Mortar ammo man (20 or so shells).

Would completely change the gameplay imo.

Arm them with simple tools such as map tools and they can provide inaccurate indirect fire much like they do in real life.

Actually on mine that we use over on our server, I used DAC to generate mortar camps. But this is a bit limited, since only the patrols that spawn with DAC can actually call it.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Hi,

We have had a slight problem,

Sometimes, maybe 3 or 4 times a day, people would randomly die!!

any reason for this?

Also, Any destroyed buildings would blow up again every few minutes (which would cause the random damage or deaths)

ACE Fullajah insurgency

I've ran across the building thing before, seems very rare and I'm not sure if its actually Insurgency.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Is there a way to edit this mission?

Of course! Just like any other Arma 2 mission.

However it does require quite a lot of mission editing knowledge, before you can go poking about and change class names and such.

We have figured out what the problem is with the random deaths...

When ever we destroy a building, the buildings would continually "explode" and random people around the map would get killed.

Is this script side? insurgency? or is this ACE? or even the actual map?

when i use the link to dev-heaven at first post, firefox tells me the url is not trusworthy ??

*edit i dont had that problem in the past

Edited by RunForrest

I noticed that this morning too, don't worry it's completely safe. Something's just wrong with the filters.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

We have figured out what the problem is with the random deaths...

When ever we destroy a building, the buildings would continually "explode" and random people around the map would get killed.

Is this script side? insurgency? or is this ACE? or even the actual map?

I want to say its not the mission..because I've noticed it on Sahrani Domination as well.

I placed a marker named "exclude_location" and changed the findHouses function in common\functions.sqf to this

findHouses = { 
private ["_buildings","_minPositions","_enterables","_alive"];
_buildings = nearestObjects [_this select 0, ["House"], _this select 1]; 
_minPositions = (_this select 2) - 1;
_alive = _this select 3;

_enterables = []; 	
{ 
	if (
		format["%1", _x buildingPos _minPositions] != "[0,0,0]" 
	&& EP1HOUSES 
	&& !(typeOf _x in ILLEGALHOUSES) && (alive _x || !_alive) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location") > 100
	)) then { 
		_enterables set [count _enterables, _x]; 
	}; 
} forEach _buildings; 
_enterables
}; 

Is it possible to get this script to work for either multiple markers or a trigger area? I need to clear a large area of Rasman on Takistan.

Is it possible to get this script to work for either multiple markers or a trigger area? I need to clear a large area of Rasman on Takistan.

No need for a trigger. The "distance" value is the radius in meters extending from your marker. If you want to clear a certain area without discrimination, just change the distance value. For example, if you want to clear an area that falls within 500 meters of your marker, just change it to:

findHouses = { 
   _alive = _this select 3;

_enterables = [];     
   { 
       if (
       && EP1HOUSES 
       && !(typeOf _x in ILLEGALHOUSES) && (alive _x || !_alive) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location") > 500)
       )) then { 
       }; 
   } forEach _buildings; 
   _enterables
};  

If you want to clear a specific building, change it to ~10. Just keep in mind that the grid will still be "active" if there are any other "legal" buildings in that grid.

If you want to add multiple markers/exclude locations, just tack them on like so:

findHouses = { 
   _alive = _this select 3;

_enterables = [];     
   { 
       if (
       && EP1HOUSES 
       && !(typeOf _x in ILLEGALHOUSES) && (alive _x || !_alive) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location") > 1000) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location_1") > 200) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location_2") > 20)
       )) then { 
       }; 
   } forEach _buildings; 
   _enterables

You don't have to name them "exclude_location_x", of course. As long as each marker has a name and is called correctly in the functions.sqf, it will work.

No need for a trigger. The "distance" value is the radius in meters extending from your marker. If you want to clear a certain area without discrimination, just change the distance value. For example, if you want to clear an area that falls within 500 meters of your marker, just change it to:

findHouses = { 
   _alive = _this select 3;

_enterables = [];     
   { 
       if (
       && EP1HOUSES 
       && !(typeOf _x in ILLEGALHOUSES) && (alive _x || !_alive) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location") > 500)
       )) then { 
       }; 
   } forEach _buildings; 
   _enterables
};  

If you want to clear a specific building, change it to ~10. Just keep in mind that the grid will still be "active" if there are any other "legal" buildings in that grid.

If you want to add multiple markers/exclude locations, just tack them on like so:

findHouses = { 
   _alive = _this select 3;

_enterables = [];     
   { 
       if (
       && EP1HOUSES 
       && !(typeOf _x in ILLEGALHOUSES) && (alive _x || !_alive) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location") > 1000) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location_1") > 200) && (_x distance (getmarkerPos "exclude_location_2") > 20)
       )) then { 
       }; 
   } forEach _buildings; 
   _enterables

You don't have to name them "exclude_location_x", of course. As long as each marker has a name and is called correctly in the functions.sqf, it will work.

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I didn't realise you could increase the range that way, although I did think that was what it was doing I should have tried changing the number doh. just because it was so low I was thinking it wasn't working correctly.

Oh well stupid mistake and thanks for the additional info. Will also be useful if clearing multiple areas.

How would I go about making the British group use the new MTP?

Hi everyone,

Quite new to Arma so my first introduction was from Day Z (don't hate me) I then discovered Wasteland which I am loving and help admin a server.

Anyway I played some Insurgency last night, great mission. What I would like to know is how to edit the difficulty so that our server has the following:

1st person only

Enemy positions on map removed

Ability to use the map markers kept

Kill message kept on.

I think we tried Veteran which kept 3rd person, showed enemy positions on map when close enough.

Alternative was hardcore? 1st person only, no map markers, no kill messages. So we are ideally looking for an in-between mode :)

thanks for any help.

CAI these are all adjusted through the profile!

A mixture of anything can be achieved!

Is there any known problem with Insurgency on Panthera? I can't get it to work.. I tried a lot, nothing works. Started over with fresh files a couple times but enemies won't. spawn.

1st person only

Enemy positions on map removed

Ability to use the map markers kept

Kill message kept on.

I think we tried Veteran which kept 3rd person, showed enemy positions on map when close enough.

Alternative was hardcore? 1st person only, no map markers, no kill messages. So we are ideally looking for an in-between mode :)

Actually what you described sounded more like Recruit mode, because in Veteran enemies or friendly units shouldn't be marked on the map anymore.

So what you really want is Veteran mode instead of Recruit (or lower). But as someone said before, you could take Recruit mode and just turn off those settings you don't like.

Once the A10 has been called in how do I go about designating targets for it as squad leader?

Once the A10 has been called in how do I go about designating targets for it as squad leader?

laser marker for the LGB's.. turn it on and tell him to target it. make sure he gets a visual on it otherwise it wont be on the target list...

it gets you four drops, you'll be lucky with the short fly time to get all four off anyway. best way to go about it, most destruction.

otherwise if you can't see your target just give him a engage at will order.. and pray you're lucky he decides to shoot anything important.

How do I tell it to target things, nothing in the menu comes up.

Fireball you always do an excellent job, but i was wonderng iff you can make an Insurgency I44 Chernarus with Ace.

It would be wonderfull.

Thanks

Komp.

This might have been mentioned before but I couldn't find anything when I searched. I am trying to port this to another map and AI seems to spawn perfectly and stuff but the caches are non existent, I always get told there are no caches in the AO and with the markers on there is a black triangle at 0,0. When I check with the thing on the radio in the map it says all 9/9 caches have been destroyed.

Any ideas?

This might have been mentioned before but I couldn't find anything when I searched. I am trying to port this to another map and AI seems to spawn perfectly and stuff but the caches are non existent, I always get told there are no caches in the AO and with the markers on there is a black triangle at 0,0. When I check with the thing on the radio in the map it says all 9/9 caches have been destroyed.

Any ideas?

Check your defines.sqf (The one in the main area with the init.sqf and description.ext) and there's something there that say #Define cachehouseposistions make sure those work with the island you're porting to.

Check your defines.sqf (The one in the main area with the init.sqf and description.ext) and there's something there that say #Define cachehouseposistions make sure those work with the island you're porting to.

The map I am using seems to use buildings from Takistan (and some OPX ones but they don't have insides so caches can't be spawned anyway) so I assume the one from Takistan should work.

Do you happen to know if it causes an issue if there are "valid" buildings that don't exist on the map?

Edit:

It seems (from placing random diag_log in various places) that initserver.sqf is not being run.

Edited by Jsmuk

Is there any insurgency on reshmaan with ACE out for download.

I´m searchig for that to customize the map for my team.

A tutorial or instruction on how to port insurgency gamemode to another map would probably help also.

thx in advance

The map I am using seems to use buildings from Takistan (and some OPX ones but they don't have insides so caches can't be spawned anyway) so I assume the one from Takistan should work.

Do you happen to know if it causes an issue if there are "valid" buildings that don't exist on the map?

Edit:

It seems (from placing random diag_log in various places) that initserver.sqf is not being run.

Take a look at init.sqf and just kind of follow all the calls to make sure it's being called. There should be a line in init.sqf that calls both initserver and initclient.

If that doesn't work you could send me the mission file (Raw folder, zipped) and I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

I did a search and couldn't find the answer. If anyone know's where it is, please link it.

We have run into a bug where a Human OPFOR player will be teleported to a new AI spawn while playing Insurgency. A good way to repeat this is if a BLUFOR takes a helicopter and does a fly over of different towns, causing more AI to spawn.

Example:

I spawn as Rifleman

I am playing as rifleman when BLUFOR takes another route, spawning more AI on their way

I get teleported to a new AI Riflemen unit in the new location.

I have asked around the guys I play with and most of them are not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Doug

Is there any insurgency on reshmaan with ACE out for download.

I´m searchig for that to customize the map for my team.

A tutorial or instruction on how to port insurgency gamemode to another map would probably help also.

thx in advance

I have successfully ported ACE Insurgency to Reshmaan, and it works very nicely. We play a highly customized variant though, so I won't share it here.

All the info you need to port ACE Insurgency to other islands can be found in this topic. Some of the basic concepts can be found in this guide to porting Domi:

*All-Islands*-Domination-Conversion-Guide-Example-Missions

- but obviously, most of it does not apply to Insurgency. It should get you started, and with some focused searching through this topic, you should find everything you need. And if you don't, you can always ask more specific questions.

Good luck!

is there a way to to spawn players and Mobile in a certain location at the start , instead of a random location ? as i would like to start at a main base

Thanks

Use the search tool in this thread, it's been explained before.