Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Looks like the official Insurgency development is dead at DevHeaven since there have been no changes for 10 or so months now. Is this the case? All devs moved to other projects or done with it? I see there are plans for a version 1.51 and later version but again zero development on anything for 10 months. Just curious what is going on officially as I see a lot of different Insurgency missions out there that don't seem to be official.

Well..Fireball hasn't posted in this thread for quite some time now, probably best to PM him?

I am stuck trying to figure out this code. I am relatively new to this and this large thread has been a big help in trying to fix things.

I am attempting to make a version of ace insurgency that will allow for 50 players on takistan utilizing all US Army Personnel. I have edited my defines script to allow for 10 man squads per the instructions I found here. I have also changed the #define westPlayerStrings to allow for the extra positions and I just kept the hitman111, 112, 113, etc. to avoid further scripting problems. I also made sure to put the player classes into #define westSoldierClasses. I made the changes to the variables.sqf file to allow for 50 players.

When I launch the map, Insurgent AI will not spawn. After checking the server report file I find this:

2012/10/17, 19:21:15 Error position: <M9","M9SD","M16A2","M16A2GL","M4A1","Col>

2012/10/17, 19:21:15 Error Missing ;

2012/10/17, 19:21:15 Error in expression < from 0 to (208 - 1) do {

_wep = ([["M9","M9SD","M16A2","M16A2GL","M4A1","Col>

2012/10/17, 19:21:25 Error in expression <" from 0 to (66 - 1) do {

_wep = ([["ACE_M249_AIM","M249",""M249_EP1"","M249_>

2012/10/17, 19:21:25 Error position: <ACE_M249_AIM","M249",""M249_EP1"","M249_>

2012/10/17, 19:21:25 Error Missing ;

2012/10/18, 20:30:49 Error position: <]

nearestPlayers = {

private ["_resu>

2012/10/18, 20:30:49 Error Missing ;

2012/10/18, 20:30:49 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\common\server\AI\UPS.sqf, line 44

2012/10/18, 20:30:49 Error in expression <174","Hitman175","Hitman176","Hitman177"]

nearestPlayers = {

private ["_resu>

Any help and direction with this would be grealty appreciated.

@ggrotor, post the actual code not just the error. Difficult to tell anything without seeing the actual code. Probably a simple syntax error.

@ggrotor, post the actual code not just the error. Difficult to tell anything without seeing the actual code. Probably a simple syntax error.

This is the player string of the script from the UPS file:

#define ALERTTIME 180

#define westPlayerStrings ["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115",\

"Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125",\

"Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135","Hitman136","Hitman137","Hitman138","Hitman139",\

"Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145","Hitman146","Hitman147","Hitman148","Hitman149",\

"Hitman151","Hitman152","Hitman153","Hitman154","Hitman155","Hitman156",\

"Hitman161","Hitman162","Hitman163","Hitman164","Hitman165","Hitman166","Hitman167","Hitman168","Hitman169",\

"Hitman171","Hitman172","Hitman173","Hitman174","Hitman175","Hitman176","Hitman177"]

// bugfix value

#define CENTERPOS getArray (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition")

nearestPlayers = {

private ["_result","_pos","_range","_type","_alive"];

_pos = _this select 0;

_range = _this select 1;

_alive = _this select 2;

_type = _this select 3;

if (_type == "count") then { _result = 0; } else { _result = []; };

{

if (!isNil _x) then {

_plr = call compile _x;

if (!isNull _plr) then {

if (_plr distance _pos <= _range && (alive _plr || !_alive)) then {

if (_type == "count") then { _result = _result + 1; } else { _result = _result + [_plr]; };

};

};

};

} forEach westPlayerStrings;

_result

};

#define nearestPlayers(W,X,Y,Z) ([W,X,Y,Z] call nearestPlayers)

If you need the whole file I will gladly post it. I'm not to sure of what all to provide so I appreciate the help you guys are giving me.

You seem to be missing a hitman170, was that done on purpose? There's also a lot of spaces between letters in names, like hitman175

Looks like the official Insurgency development is dead at DevHeaven since there have been no changes for 10 or so months now. Is this the case? All devs moved to other projects or done with it? I see there are plans for a version 1.51 and later version but again zero development on anything for 10 months. Just curious what is going on officially as I see a lot of different Insurgency missions out there that don't seem to be official.

It's correct, I've grown a family and ran out of time for Insurgency and have currently focus on other games, if you can say "focus" at all. I've more become an occasional gamer for my enjoyment in my rare spare time for gaming and unfortunately have only little resources to contribute as a community member, generally spoken, and if, it will be for the CIT (probably A3 a little more again).

Some PM'd me already, but mostly they wanted my permission to peruse Insurgency in their own edit or asked for hints on coding or a specific coding issue and some of them I asked to join the project, but to no avail.

So, let's take this as an official call for members to join the project - not as one-time or occasional contributors, but such only who want to take responsibility and thus assume co-authorship of Insurgency. You should be familiar with Git and of course be a crack on SQF or at least have understanding of complex code, such as Insurgency is - it's more scripted than anything else; even the mission.sqf is mostly edited in a script editor. I still could review commits and organize releases, but I cannot teach anybody SQL nor will I be developing myself anymore. Although, if I see that someone is committed to the project, I can certainly help out when it's needed.

So, if you got what it takes, be my guest. If someone feels fit to take over the project entirely and I see the prerequisites given, I may as well be inclined to hand it over completely to those.

You seem to be missing a hitman170, was that done on purpose? There's also a lot of spaces between letters in names, like hitman175

Khaki I just learned something else. The spaces you were refering to were due to formatting indents recognized by wordpad. For some reason the formatting puts half the word on another line with no spaces. I see what you mean that spaces appear to be there but in wordpad they are not. So what I've done is switch to notepad and i think it does a much better job as far as viewing. As far as hitman 110,120,130,etc. I do not recall seeing them being labelled as such when i viewed the mission in editor. I just tried to mirror what was originally there for my setup. Should I change the lead elements to that naming convention?

This is how the scripting appears in notepad:

// how far opfors should move away if they're under attack

// set this to 200-300, when using the script in open areas (rural surroundings)

#define SAFEDIST 75

// how close unit has to be to target to generate a new one

#define CLOSEENOUGH 10

// how close units have to be to each other to share information

#define SHAREDIST 100

// how long AI units should be in alert mode after initially spotting an enemy

#define ALERTTIME 180

#define westPlayerStrings ["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115",\

"Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125",\

"Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135","Hitman136","Hitman137","Hitman138","Hitman139",\

"Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145","Hitman146","Hitman147","Hitman148","Hitman149",\

"Hitman151","Hitman152","Hitman153","Hitman154","Hitman155","Hitman156",\

"Hitman161","Hitman162","Hitman163","Hitman164","Hitman165","Hitman166","Hitman167","Hitman168","Hitman169",\

"Hitman171","Hitman172","Hitman173","Hitman174","Hitman175","Hitman176","Hitman177"]

// bugfix value

#define CENTERPOS getArray (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition")

nearestPlayers = {

private ["_result","_pos","_range","_type","_alive"];

_pos = _this select 0;

_range = _this select 1;

_alive = _this select 2;

_type = _this select 3;

if (_type == "count") then { _result = 0; } else { _result = []; };

{

if (!isNil _x) then {

_plr = call compile _x;

if (!isNull _plr) then {

if (_plr distance _pos <= _range && (alive _plr || !_alive)) then {

if (_type == "count") then { _result = _result + 1; } else { _result = _result + [_plr]; };

};

};

};

} forEach westPlayerStrings;

_result

};

#define nearestPlayers(W,X,Y,Z) ([W,X,Y,Z] call nearestPlayers)

Thanks again.

Khaki I just learned something else. The spaces you were refering to were due to formatting indents recognized by wordpad. For some reason the formatting puts half the word on another line with no spaces. I see what you mean that spaces appear to be there but in wordpad they are not. So what I've done is switch to notepad and i think it does a much better job as far as viewing. As far as hitman 110,120,130,etc. I do not recall seeing them being labelled as such when i viewed the mission in editor. I just tried to mirror what was originally there for my setup. Should I change the lead elements to that naming convention?

This is how the scripting appears in notepad:

You should use Notepad++ 5.6.8 (not newer) with ArmA Script Plugin for SQF scripting.

Totally understandable Fireball. I wish I had more time for development vs playing given such a limited time for either.

I am trying to get a couple of projects off the ground but it is difficult to find any time.

I would like to help out with Insurgency but don't see where I would find the time.

It's correct, I've grown a family and ran out of time for Insurgency and have currently focus on other games, if you can say "focus" at all. I've more become an occasional gamer for my enjoyment in my rare spare time for gaming and unfortunately have only little resources to contribute as a community member, generally spoken, and if, it will be for the CIT (probably A3 a little more again).

Some PM'd me already, but mostly they wanted my permission to peruse Insurgency in their own edit or asked for hints on coding or a specific coding issue and some of them I asked to join the project, but to no avail.

So, let's take this as an official call for members to join the project - not as one-time or occasional contributors, but such only who want to take responsibility and thus assume co-authorship of Insurgency. You should be familiar with Git and of course be a crack on SQF or at least have understanding of complex code, such as Insurgency is - it's more scripted than anything else; even the mission.sqf is mostly edited in a script editor. I still could review commits and organize releases, but I cannot teach anybody SQL nor will I be developing myself anymore. Although, if I see that someone is committed to the project, I can certainly help out when it's needed.

So, if you got what it takes, be my guest. If someone feels fit to take over the project entirely and I see the prerequisites given, I may as well be inclined to hand it over completely to those.

Thanks for the heads up Fireball. I will quickly pick that up and try to figure it out. Sucks to see Insurgency fall to the way side. Of course real life takes precedence and wish you the best with your family. This community has a lot of talented designers/programmers. I'm sure someone will pick it up.

Thanks

Hi, IIRC someone developed an option to gain intel on location of ammo caches by interrogating insurgents.

Is this option available in this version of Insurgency?

If so, is there an parameter in the server's pre-mission GUI to switch from "Intel in suitcases" to "Humanint from insurgents"?

Also, does the vanilla game allow insurgents to surrender? What I mean is that I've seen them occasionally surrender but IIRC such behaviour might have been due to a mod, e.g. SLX or ACE

I think that the idea of capturing insurgents (rather than simply shooting them dead) would be much more realistic, difficult as well as exciting.

Also, have you considered having civilians present? This also would be more realistic, not to mention more difficult (collateral damage). It could also offer the possibility of talking with locals about location of insurgents and/or ammo caches. Maybe their cooperation could be influenced by your team's performance (kill more insurgents = more helps from locals, kill locals = less help from locals)

Finally, is there any chance of IEDs making a show? Either as a weapon for the insurgents and/or an objective to found and neutralised, much like the ammo caches

@Domokun

1. The interrogation feature isn't available in Fireball's Insurgencies, but you could always try additing it in yourself.

2. It does, by that I really mean that the animation is there as well as the ability to code it in, search is your friend B)

3. Civilians are already present in Fireball's insurgencies, though I've experienced much lag on maps like Zargabad and 10+ players.

Okay so I have a slight problem that I'm wondering if anybody could shed some light on. I've changed some of the units to engineers to allow for repairing of vehicles in the field, but the vanilla option for repairing vehicles is not coming up in the scroll menu at all. I've tried different engineers, and this works on every single other mission..I've skimmed all the .sqf files and can't find anything disabling or changing anything..I've compared engineers in other missions to engineers in Insurgency, no difference...what on earth is going on? All they can do is change tyres, which all players can do anyway..

Halp? :(

@Bates

Are you using ACE? Engineers can't do much at all with the changes it's made.

You could look into addaction scripts that make FAARPS, there's one in Domination I believe.

@Bates

Are you using ACE? Engineers can't do much at all with the changes it's made.

You could look into addaction scripts that make FAARPS, there's one in Domination I believe.

Ahh so it's ACE's doing..well I had an idea for custom scripting a little repair function so I'll probably get to doing that..I want it to take absolutely forever, and not fully repair the vehicles, but just make them semi-usable. The reason being is we have heavily modified vehicle respawns, they have an infinite timer, and only respawn under two conditions: they are destroyed, or every player exceeds 10km distance from the vehicle..we did this to try and get players, especially pubs, to use the vehicles more realistically and sparingly, than just going kamikaze with a HMMWV every 2 and a half seconds.

Also just thought I'd mention that I made the base a little nicer if anybody wants the code for it. I added spacious outer walls with an exit at both ends, and added a bunker on each of these exits, for elevation and added defense. I also added an ambulance that is non-standard from the rest of the vehicle respawns, because having tons is pointless but we feel we need one. If you want all or just part of this stuff, let me know.

Hey guys, thanks for this awesome mission. I have some questions regarding the Insurgency 1.5 ACE mission. Sometimes when you are heavy wounded you cannot be healed and you are totally out of breath after some bloodloss which is normal but even if you die then sometimes you still have 'after respawn' out of breath issues. An other issue is that you cant stand up anymore from the crouch stance.. only from lying down. Im not sure if this is related to ACE or to this mission.. Versions: Latest ACE2 - Latest Arma 1.62 patch.

Btw: how can you give someone 'blood' after heavy bloodloss in this mission?

Thanks!

Hey guys, thanks for this awesome mission. I have some questions regarding the Insurgency 1.5 ACE mission. Sometimes when you are heavy wounded you cannot be healed and you are totally out of breath after some bloodloss which is normal but even if you die then sometimes you still have 'after respawn' out of breath issues. An other issue is that you cant stand up anymore from the crouch stance.. only from lying down. Im not sure if this is related to ACE or to this mission.. Versions: Latest ACE2 - Latest Arma 1.62 patch.

In the official Insurgency 1.50 you need a medic to fully heal someone. I think the after respawn and being out of breath is a bug.

Btw: how can you give someone 'blood' after heavy bloodloss in this mission?

Thanks!

You don't really give them blood but you stop the heavy bleeding by applying bandages. Just keep applying until the player is NOT bleeding.

An other issue is that you cant stand up anymore from the crouch stance.. only from lying down. Im not sure if this is related to ACE or to this mission.. Versions: Latest ACE2 - Latest Arma 1.62 patch.?

Thanks!

I have just noticed this issue as well... If u press "V" to hop over stuff then that will stand u back up .. but "C" will not work..

I have just noticed this issue as well... If u press "V" to hop over stuff then that will stand u back up .. but "C" will not work..

I have not noticed this at all in latest official Insurgency and latest ACE.

Some update: same goes witch crawling over the floor. Cant crawl FORWARD anymore when C wont let me stand up. Only when I HOLD shift I can crawl forward and when I press C I will stand up.

So after a while have to hold shift all the time to not get stuck in moves. Double shift tabs or shift + control wont help. Also first press Z to lie down and then C will let stand you up aswel. From X it wont work.

The medkits stuf works now as a medic :) Can heal everyone back to normal state.

Are you using any mods? If so, list them and try to figure it out which one is causing the issue

Some update: same goes witch crawling over the floor. Cant crawl FORWARD anymore when C wont let me stand up. Only when I HOLD shift I can crawl forward and when I press C I will stand up.

So after a while have to hold shift all the time to not get stuck in moves. Double shift tabs or shift + control wont help. Also first press Z to lie down and then C will let stand you up aswel. From X it wont work.

The medkits stuf works now as a medic :) Can heal everyone back to normal state.

I'm thinking you are getting some conflict with another mod. Try running just ACE.

Also, the medkit stuff seemed to work in the previous version of ACE just the same as this version. Remember, that various ACE Wounding options are available to be changed via the mission designer/creator.

I'm thinking you are getting some conflict with another mod. Try running just ACE.

Also, the medkit stuff seemed to work in the previous version of ACE just the same as this version. Remember, that various ACE Wounding options are available to be changed via the mission designer/creator.

Will try tomorrow to run a clean server. The mod commandline I experienced the ducking bug:

"-mod=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@asr_ai;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@jayarma2lib;@sthud;@stmovement;@tpwc_ai_suppress;@tpw_ai_los" -nosplash -world=empty -cpuCount=4

Will try tomorrow to run a clean server. The mod commandline I experienced the ducking bug:

"-mod=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@asr_ai;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@jayarma2lib;@sthud;@stmovement;@tpwc_ai_suppress;@tpw_ai_los" -nosplash -world=empty -cpuCount=4

Just a side note, you should be running Jayarma2lib_new, since the last full game patch.