Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Any reason why I get this line spammed over and over again in the log about 10 times a sec

PublicVariable Log: #1 PlayerName (GUID) - #1 "[7050,10950,0]cleared" = true

Eventually makes all players appear to stand still on the server, cannot enter vehicles etc.

All other missions seems to be fine?

Could you post the first 20 or so lines of:

\common\client\markers\functions.sqf

\common\client\misc\functions.sqf

Hi There,

Does anyone know a good guide or a way to change the takistani's into Russians as Opfor on Insurgency Chernarus?

There's no option to change it in the params so i would like to try it manually.

Thanks in Advance.

Milan1974 -

First, go through \common\defines.sqf and redefine the appropriate classes:

#define eastStationaryGuns []

#define eastVclClasses []

#define eastInfClasses []

Next, \common\server\defines.sqf:

#define vclCrewClass []

#define staticClass []

#define eastVehiclesFreq []

#define eastLightVehicles []

#define stationaryGunsHigh []

#define stationaryGunsMed []

#define stationaryGunsLow []

Russian class names here.

IED Operators / Suicide bombers aren't working for me. I run ACE Insurgency Takistan 1.50 on a private server, and everything else seems fine. I didn't even know these features were there until I extracted the .pbo file. Civilians all behave civilly, none are ever a threat. No IEDs appear on the road or anywhere else in the game except on dead insurgent bodies. Nobody tries to detonate themselves around us. I also read something about a fear test in there, could someone explain that to me? TIA

McMick -

I may be totally wrong, but I think that might be either unfinished code or broken in the ACE version. I know I've never seen evidence of that behavior and I've been playing many hours of ACE Insurgency every week for a little over a year.

Hopefully Fireball can chime in on this...

^ Seconded (or rather third-ed) I didn't even know this feature was there! (ACE Insurgency 1.50)

But I personally prefer without, it makes for some more fast-paced and fun gameplay that in a public environment at least, is more crucial I believe than watching out for IED's all the time. Although if people are editing Insurgency for their own personal or Unit usage, then I can see this feature being crucial. Is it intended to be a parameter or built-in? As I can't see it on the parameter's list, which if it is fixed, I hope it would be!

On a side note, great mission, spent so much time playing it it's unreal!

IED Operators / Suicide bombers aren't working for me. I run ACE Insurgency Takistan 1.50 on a private server, and everything else seems fine. I didn't even know these features were there until I extracted the .pbo file. Civilians all behave civilly, none are ever a threat. No IEDs appear on the road or anywhere else in the game except on dead insurgent bodies. Nobody tries to detonate themselves around us. I also read something about a fear test in there, could someone explain that to me? TIA

Let's say: "it used to work at some point in time". The suicide bombing was borrowed from an existing independent project which worked with ALICE and I never managed to find a reasonable balance between "everyone runs around with IEDs" and "you almost never encounter someone with an IED", so the tendency is probably rather towards the latter. But I remember from the past that some ran into suicide bombers during gameplay, but it was maybe in the non-ACE version.

Thanks for clearing that up, Fireball.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but with reference to the Arma 3 insurgency mission, I'm being told that I'm missing a lot of content that's present in the mission, which I'm quite positive I have, things like the Mk6, assorted vehicles, etc. Is this something to do with the fact that the game is in Beta and the mission version is still Alpha, or is it something else?

Ryousuke -

It sounds like a version issue, as a lot of classnames were changed. That aside, Fireball Insurgency is currently broken in Arma 3. I (along with many others I am sure) am trying to wrap my thick skull around the necessary fixes, but it's slow going. Have you found a server that is running a fixed version?

Sadly not, I've spent most of my time on the editing side of things since the beta was released, only really touching up some missions that I'm confident enough to fix, haha. I'll let you know if I spot one though, I'm getting a little tired of the not-so-great insurgency ports.

Just keep in mind that the Insurgency you see on Arma 3 servers is usually DAP's own version, totally unrelated to Fireball's. I have seen one or two other proprietary "Insurgency" missions, but they are largely based on DAP's.

I am bound and determined to bring our beloved Insurgency to A3, but I don't have as much time to spend editing these days, so hopefully others can chime in with thoughts on this.

*edit* - Just to clarify, I am NOT bagging on DAP's mission at all - a lot of work has clearly gone into it, and I have enjoyed many hours of satisfying Arma 3 teamplay because of it.

Edited by Harzach

We're running DAP's Insurgency with a few tweaks but yeah... it's just not the same.

We run a popular Arma2OA Insurgency server (customized SOAR version), and I'd love to have the same for A3 but I'm afraid the issues are a bit over my head :p Dunno Harzach maybe we can put our thick skulls together and grind something out? PITN and I took a look at it a while back but that was pre-setvehicleinit removal so I'm sure it's even more broken now :)

Getting back to A2 ACE Insurgency, I have a few questions. Apologies if these are stupid:

1. Is it necessary to spawn everything in the corner of the map then teleport it to where it should be? Sometimes I spawn with damage, sometimes I get shot by enemy AI while I'm still in the corner of the map. Isn't there a way to spawn at the mhq directly?

2. Is anyone interested in trying to make the suicide bomber / ied operator scripts function? It would make the game more interesting, IMHO.

3. I have been trying the Insurgency on Isola De Capraia and it spawns everything at the floating airport. If I approach the area, I get stuck inside the respawn script. I guess this is a consequence of the respawn system mentioned in my first question. Is there a way to get around all of this? I also notice that sometimes when I spawn, I am swimming in the ground.

4. Does anyone mod this mission? I have been modding it for my private server (little things like ammo crate, squad layout, # of AI vehicles and such). It'd be great if we could get together on Teamspeak or something and mod together. I'm a novice and most of what I do isn't in the editor, but just in notepad.

5. Has anyone experimented with a headless client version? I mention this because server fps can drop pretty low when there are a lot of players, and especially on the user-made islands.

Edited by McMick

Getting back to A2 ACE Insurgency, I have a few questions. Apologies if these are stupid:

1. Is it necessary to spawn everything in the corner of the map then teleport it to where it should be? Sometimes I spawn with damage, sometimes I get shot by enemy AI while I'm still in the corner of the map. Isn't there a way to spawn at the mhq directly?

You can do a lot in this area. See #4.

2. Is anyone interested in trying to make the suicide bomber / ied operator scripts function? It would make the game more interesting, IMHO.

From Fireball's remarks, they sorta-kinda do work in vanilla, but the likelihood of encountering one is slim. Not sure what is keeping it from working in ACE, but I haven't really looked. Another late-night project! Still, there are mods out there dealing with IEDs/suiciders/etc that may do it better anyway (no offense to the Insurgency team). Incorporating them is a relatively simple matter.

3. I have been trying the Insurgency on Isola De Capraia and it spawns everything at the floating airport. If I approach the area, I get stuck inside the respawn script. I guess this is a consequence of the respawn system mentioned in my first question. Is there a way to get around all of this? I also notice that sometimes when I spawn, I am swimming in the ground.

See #4.

4. Does anyone mod this mission? I have been modding it for my private server (little things like ammo crate, squad layout, # of AI vehicles and such). It'd be great if we could get together on Teamspeak or something and mod together. I'm a novice and most of what I do isn't in the editor, but just in notepad.

I think most communities that play this mission "seriously" have modded it to their liking. Usually this involves creating a fixed base/FOB/airfield, as well as customizing available assets,and adding all sorts of community/custom scripts/systems/etc. No spawning at [0,0,0], and sometimes no MHQ altogether. Last I checked, the guys at Military Gaming have a couple of public servers you could join, if only to see what I mean.

5. Has anyone experimented with a headless client version? I mention this because server fps can drop pretty low when there are a lot of players, and especially on the user-made islands.

I'm sure it's possible, but it's not something I've had to consider.

Hi, all.

tried to find through search but to much threads and not exact infromation i need, so posting here my question here:

1. how to prevent empty bluefor vehicles from respawning at base? i mean if vehicles not destroyed they should stay where they are till the end of the world to prevent rambos from stupid cavalry rashes.

2. is it possible to unlock damaged opfor vehicles? i can only sit to commander or gunner not to driver's sit

IEDs and Suicide Bombers:

I found the thread dealing with the IED scripts included in Insurgency: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?113289-SR5-Tactical-IED-Detection-and-Remote-Det-Script

I have successfully placed random IEDs on the road and I'm currently working on suicide bombers. I just figured some other people here might find it useful to know how to do this! It may seem obvious to some of you but I'm a total newbie at this stuff.

Hi, all again.

still have some questions on Arma2 insurgency:

1. how to prevent abandoned, not destroyed BLUEFOR cars from respawning at base

2. is it possible to repair damaged OPFOR vehicles at base or with repair truck

3. is it possible to increase spawning distance for OPFOR bots

thanks in advance

OK well, I found out why the ied/bomber scripts aren't working in this mission. Firstly, parts of the original IED script mod are just completely missing. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a complete copy of the original mod, the only link being dead. I did manage to pull most (all?) of it from another mission, however (specifically the 'screens' folder). Secondly, it was put into the mission in the wrong path/folder. Somebody changed some of the paths to fit, but others are still set to the original path/folder. What is currently in common\server\IEDdetect should actually be in scripts\IEDdetect.

Reezo (the guy who created the IED stuff) has completely reworked his scripts and they are now in the EOD mod. What should really happen with insurgency is that the old stuff should be replaced with this new, better stuff.

Fireball/Kol9yn, are you guys still working on the ArmA 2 version at all?

I've gotten IEDs and detectors to work with this so far, but only on a game launched through the client. On a dedicated server they don't work at all. When they do work, IEDs are pretty rare (no matter the settings), and tend to go off somewhat randomly. The detector constantly gives false or inaccurate readings. One time an IED was spawned attached to a live rabbit that I had to chase down. I couldn't "disarm" the rabbit so I shot it and detonated a satchel to remove it.

LSD and Harzach - fix from p91 for large squads worked like a charm - thanks for investigating guys, I owe you a beer!

I got IED and suicide bombers working by stripping out all the old IED stuff and using the EOD mod. I'm having trouble synchronizing the "loudspeaker" module to vehicles since they spawn on the MHQ and therefore aren't on the map in the editor. I don't know how to synchronize modules with objects not on the map. Any help with this would be appreciated.

I got IED and suicide bombers working by stripping out all the old IED stuff and using the EOD mod. I'm having trouble synchronizing the "loudspeaker" module to vehicles since they spawn on the MHQ and therefore aren't on the map in the editor. I don't know how to synchronize modules with objects not on the map. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, you can't sync modules to spawned/respawned vehicles. A script version would allow you to work around this limitation, but Reezo has stated that there will not be one.

Since I just got a PM about the whereabouts of Insurgency in A3, I decide I'd make my answer public, before every single one of you comes to PM me :):

Hey! When will we see a new Arma 3 version of your (lovely) Insurgency? :)

I don't know. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime when I'm bored when the full game is out.

I wrote in other threads that I was kinda unhappy about how everything broke from one update to the other, so I couldn't be bothered to invest more time after setVehicleInit was axed (and probably more to vanish, back in time when it happened). Now removal of those commands requires a major rewrite of many functions, so don't hold your breath for it, I have family now and when I get some time for me, I rather have the urge to do other things than mission coding and I don't know if/when I can/will do it.

It would be best if someone else with enough time at hands (and the skill to pull it off) would take over the project (EDIT: feel free to PM me, if you think you're the man for that).