Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

does any 1 know how to add custom units im trying to place units in from aaw mod

i have changed the

#define westSoldierClasses in common\defines.sqf

i get no error but no enemy units spawn only the enemy vehicles

does any 1 know how to add custom units im trying to place units in from aaw mod

i have changed the

#define westSoldierClasses in common\defines.sqf

i get no error but no enemy units spawn only the enemy vehicles

You need to name every playable west unit, and then place those names in west player strings in the defines.sqf.

Any idea what it would be?

Have you been modifying this mission? If so, post the code as there isn't enough info there to determine what the issue is. If you haven't been modifying it then I suggest you grab an official Insurgency mission as this one is not.

Have you been modifying this mission? If so, post the code as there isn't enough info there to determine what the issue is. If you haven't been modifying it then I suggest you grab an official Insurgency mission as this one is not.

Hm, I edited the Opfor spawning system due to a request from one of the NCO's in the unit. Could this be it? (Player based opfor, they no longer click on map to spawn, instead teleport to a outpost)

Hm, I edited the Opfor spawning system due to a request from one of the NCO's in the unit. Could this be it? (Player based opfor, they no longer click on map to spawn, instead teleport to a outpost)

Certainly looks like it could be.

Certainly looks like it could be.

Alright, Ill swap out the Common Folders again.

In the meantime, Im working on a diff. version of Insurgency On Duala, and since I increased the squad unit count to 8, we have had problems with newly added units spawning weirdly. I came across this in the functions.sqf under respawn in Common.

_pos = startLocation modelToWorld [-8,-13+(squadNumber(player)-1)*6+(unitNumber(player)-1)*1.2,0]; 

I believe this to be the root of the issue. However, I do not know what I need to change in it.

This is my defines.sqf for reference

#define squadNumber(X)      call compile toString[toArray(str X) select 7]

#define squadString(X)      ("Hitman1" + str squadNumber(X))
#define squadUnitStrings(X)	[X+"1",X+"2",X+"3",X+"4",X+"5",X+"6",X+"7",X+"8",X+"9",X+"10"]
#define unitNumber(X)		call compile toString[toArray(str X) select (count toArray(str X) - 1)]
#define vehicleSquad(X)     (call compile ("Hitman1" + str unitNumber(X)))
#define getName(X)          (playerNames select (westPlayerStrings find str X))
#define squadLeader(X)      (squadString(X)+"1")

// these macros do NOT return the actual name of the unit - these are only for text references
#define squadVictor(X)      ("Victor-1-" + str squadNumber(X))
#define vehicleID(X)		("Hitman-1-" + str unitNumber(X))
#define squadID(X)          ("Hitman-1-" + str squadNumber(X))
#define unitID(X)           ("Hitman-1-" + str squadNumber(X) + "-" + str unitNumber(X))

#define victorID(X)         (\
if(typeOf X == ATVTYPE)then{"ATV-1-" + str unitNumber(X)}else{\
if(typeOf X == HELITYPE)then{"Heli"}else{\
if(typeOf X == MHQTYPE)then{"MHQ"}else{\
"Victor-1-" + str unitNumber(X)}}})

#define IEDList             ["BAF_ied_v1","BAF_ied_v2","BAF_ied_v3","BAF_ied_v4"]
#define cacheType 			"GuerillaCacheBox_EP1"
#define ammoBoxType			"UNBasicWeapons_EP1"
#define westVehicles 		[humv11,humv12,humv13,humv14,humv15,humv16,atv11,atv12,atv13,atv14,atv15,heli,MHQ]
#define westVehicleStrings	["humv11","humv12","humv13","humv14","humv15","humv16","atv11","atv12","atv13","atv14","atv15","heli","MHQ"]
#define westPlayerStrings  ["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115","Hitman116","Hitman117","Hitman118","Hitman119","Hitman120",\
						"Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125","Hitman126","Hitman127","Hitman128","Hitman129","Hitman130",\
						"Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135","Hitman136","Hitman137","Hitman138","Hitman139","Hitman140",\
						"Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145","Hitman146","Hitman147","Hitman148","Hitman149","Hitman150",\
						"Hitman151","Hitman152","Hitman153","Hitman154","Hitman155","Hitman156","Hitman157","Hitman158","Hitman159","Hitman160",\
						"Hitman161","Hitman162","Hitman163","Hitman164","Hitman165","Hitman166","Hitman167","Hitman168","Hitman169","Hitman170"]

I love this mission but wondered if anyone has edited it so that collecting a briefcase gets you extra items apart from intel? I have looked through the thread but can't find much on this......

If not does anyone have some advise on the location of the intel functions so I can start editing in extra items?

thanks,

Mat

Problem fixed with the AI Function error, I forgot the VCLSPAWN1 Game Logic (kill me later plox)

But now this error comes up.

Error in expression <_objlist > 0 && (_objlist select 0) in [humv11,humv12,humv13,humv14,humv15,humv1>
 Error position: <humv11,humv12,humv13,humv14,humv15,humv1>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: humv11

^

I have that same error, I have a feeling that setting a static base causes this.

But now this error comes up.

Error in expression <_objlist > 0 && (_objlist select 0) in [humv11,humv12,humv13,humv14,humv15,humv1>
 Error position: <humv11,humv12,humv13,humv14,humv15,humv1>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: humv11

This error actually shows up, when (if) the FSM for the repair point runs before the BLUFOR vehicles have been spawned. As long you don't see this during the mission (only on load), then it's alright. Nothing to see here, move along.

This error actually shows up, when (if) the FSM for the repair point runs before the BLUFOR vehicles have been spawned. As long you don't see this during the mission (only on load), then it's alright. Nothing to see here, move along.

Its preventing the units from being transported from debug to the MHQ

sorry if this is not the thread for asking questions on how to edit these missions and if so, id like to ask permission to do so. one of the main problems im having is being able to change the standard cache into a vehicle, and not have them spawn in houses, is there anyway i can have the cache (vehicle) spawn on a selection of pre placed markers?

What if it keeps popping up? I haven't encountered any issues with it though, just keeps showing the erorr.

can someone tell me where to find the default parameter settings so i can edit them to default to my personal preferences?

edit: ended up finding this. for anyone else who may have this problem in the future, the default parameter settings are in the description.ext file.

Edited by HFTB

has anyone had any success understanding and editing how exactly the AI spawning works? i see the parameter for adjusting the number of AI per player, but where do you change those numbers in the scripts so as to increase or decrease the number of AI that spawn? is it as simple as adding the new options to the parameter there in description.ext?

i'm having a very weird problem when trying to disable the ACE wounds module. i first tried simply deleting the module in the editor but it was still functional in-game, so i removed all references to the ACE wounds systems in the init.sqf file. ACE wounds is now properly disabled which is a good thing, but when i test the mission on LAN, it seems that my player is invincible. i see the blood splatters on the screen to indicate that i'm getting hit, but i'm never actually wounded or killed. does anyone have any ideas why this is?

E-Z being longtime fans of the Insurgency mode have spent the last few months working on two expanded and edited insurgency missions.

One for Fallujah 1.2 called Fallujah Uprising which is we are evolving into it's own type of mission.

And one for Zargabad which relies more on the standard Insurgency gameplay but still again heavily edited.

They both have new team sizes, static main bases and custom FOB's, new DAC camp and AI spawn zones, improved healing,

special area armor attacks and fire fights, specialized and new load-outs, new kits, new splash screens, improved and polished AI skill,

special vehicles, custom in game missions, roadside IED's, drivable VBIED's, suicide bombers, many game tweeks, and more nasty stuff to enjoy!

They are both still in the works, input is always welcome!

Just filter "ezco" in your browser to find our server.

www.ezco101st.com

http://ezco101st.com/images/modes.jpg (168 kB) (168 kB)

Edited by EZJack

E-Z being longtime fans of the Insurgency mode have spent the last few months working on two expanded and edited insurgency missions.

They are both still in the works, input is always welcome!

Just filter "ezco" in your browser to find our server.

Sounds great - will look it up next week!

Is there any place were I can download the mission for the editor so I can put in other units?

Has anyone ever made an insurgency variant where the Opfor gets access to the Awesome ACE light mortars ?

Perhaps inside of a ammo cache with 10-20 shells , or 2 new opfor classes, mortar man (Tube + bipod ) Mortar ammo man (20 or so shells).

Would completely change the gameplay imo.

Arm them with simple tools such as map tools and they can provide inaccurate indirect fire much like they do in real life.

Has anyone ever made an insurgency variant where the Opfor gets access to the Awesome ACE light mortars ?

Perhaps inside of a ammo cache with 10-20 shells , or 2 new opfor classes, mortar man (Tube + bipod ) Mortar ammo man (20 or so shells).

Would completely change the gameplay imo.

Arm them with simple tools such as map tools and they can provide inaccurate indirect fire much like they do in real life.

Great idea, I second this!

Hi,

We have had a slight problem,

Sometimes, maybe 3 or 4 times a day, people would randomly die!!

any reason for this?

Also, Any destroyed buildings would blow up again every few minutes (which would cause the random damage or deaths)

ACE Fullajah insurgency

Edited by JaFuzz