Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Just a side note, you should be running Jayarma2lib_new, since the last full game patch.

Mmm ok, why its not in the ACRE package? :)

---------- Post added at 02:24 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

Just a side note, you should be running Jayarma2lib_new, since the last full game patch.

Which version is that? Just tried 1.4.38 but Arma crashes instant on startup. Version with ACRE works fine.

It's literally called Jayarma2lib_new, it should be seperate from Jayarma2lib on SU, if you use that.

EDIT: If you can't get it don't worry since it seems to work fine for you..and this will get offtopic soon :P

Mmm ok, why its not in the ACRE package? :)

---------- Post added at 02:24 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

Which version is that? Just tried 1.4.38 but Arma crashes instant on startup. Version with ACRE works fine.

this seems to confirm that there is something likely messed up with your mods. I don't think the latest ACRE would work with the old JArmaLib. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure. So you are likely running with a mismatch of mods that are causing a conflict.

this seems to confirm that there is something likely messed up with your mods. I don't think the latest ACRE would work with the old JArmaLib. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure. So you are likely running with a mismatch of mods that are causing a conflict.

I think you're wrong.. Played in a lot of servers with the ACRE version of the JayArmaLib 1.4.0 (also in the ACRE package) and never had any probs! If someone can actually linke me that new lib file cause I cant find it?

Btw someone else posted that he had the same probs like me aswel.. Post #744

Still we're not sure if this is the issue at all ^^ :p

I think you're wrong.. Played in a lot of servers with the ACRE version of the JayArmaLib 1.4.0 (also in the ACRE package) and never had any probs! If someone can actually linke me that new lib file cause I cant find it?

Btw someone else posted that he had the same probs like me aswel.. Post #744

Still we're not sure if this is the issue at all ^^ :p

Are you running Arma2 or Arma2OA? If Arma2 then I think the JayArma2Lib is alright as the JayArma2Lib_new is for OA and the older one is for Arma2.

is anyone of you guys familiar with this mission, regarding editing? I really like the fact, that you can team up on blufor OR do opfor to make it harder for them. Is it possible to get that feature out of the mission? So i can play as opfor vs. my buddies who are actually playing a coop..So i teleport into the AI and team up with the AI..That would be superb...

Made a port to clafghan...

Some issues arose.

Caches aren't being placed, they just sit in the debug area

When I changed the squad size to 10 people, the new units I added can't use the respawn dialog...

Us guys at Iron Fists have been able to covert the 15th's MEU's Insurgency on to Taviana. We've got a beta version running on our Iron Fists ACE/ACRE Testing Server. i don't think it is based of the latest version of Insurgency, but it works quite well so far. Cheers to INF_Mike64 for the helping me covert it.

Edit: name of server, spelling

Edited by rhyswilliams999

Hello Gents

@Fruity_Rudy i would think so, as one of my old clan added there own addons and ones from Armaholic, as long as your not changing Insurgency its self and i guess give credit to the mod makers.

but to be honest i like to know the same thing too so i know for sure. but also i need help im using Fallujah 1.5 ACE works like a charm with US, but when i change the US to BAF AI will not show in the red Squares and idk how to change that or where to look. i have kept the Hitman name the same only thing i changed is the description. many thanks

i asked, if there are addons allowed on the testing server dude, i don't wanna modify it, i only play another mission, cause i played ins too much.. :) but for in between i would join their testing server

Hello Gents

@Fruity_Rudy i would think so, as one of my old clan added there own addons and ones from Armaholic, as long as your not changing Insurgency its self and i guess give credit to the mod makers.

but to be honest i like to know the same thing too so i know for sure. but also i need help im using Fallujah 1.5 ACE works like a charm with US, but when i change the US to BAF AI will not show in the red Squares and idk how to change that or where to look. i have kept the Hitman name the same only thing i changed is the description. many thanks

All the information you need is in this thread my friend! Search around :)

HINT: It has to do with your defines.sqf and westsoldierclasses

All the information you need is in this thread my friend! Search around :)

HINT: It has to do with your defines.sqf and westsoldierclasses

Nice, now i know what to look for, i did try read all this but was lost lol thanks :)

is there any relatively simple way to enable AI control of the bluefor squad members? ideally what i'd like to achieve is the ability for myself and my roommate to be able to play this as a 2-player coop, with each of us controlling an AI squad that will respawn either on us or at the HQ when they die. any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

@HFTB

The answer to your solution is already in the thread, look for AI recruitment..It'll need some editing on your own part though.

is there any relatively simple way to enable AI control of the bluefor squad members? ideally what i'd like to achieve is the ability for myself and my roommate to be able to play this as a 2-player coop, with each of us controlling an AI squad that will respawn either on us or at the HQ when they die. any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

There are unofficial versions of Insurgency out there with AI recruitment but not easy to find and usually buggy. As another response pointed out you can add AI recruitment yourself if are so inclined. I wouldn't call it relatively simple though.

thanks for that. how about disabling the ACE wounds module? i deleted it in the editor but it is somehow still functional in-game. does anyone know how to fix that?

thanks for that. how about disabling the ACE wounds module? i deleted it in the editor but it is somehow still functional in-game. does anyone know how to fix that?

In the init.sqf there's some global variables that include ACE, you could start there.

But there should be non-ace versions included on the DevHevean project page

There are unofficial versions of Insurgency out there with AI recruitment but not easy to find and usually buggy. As another response pointed out you can add AI recruitment yourself if are so inclined. I wouldn't call it relatively simple though.

Look at init.sqf. There are global ACE options for wounds there that I think are separate from the module on the map.

Note that some of the variables are confusing in that some allow setting of true/false while others are enabled/disabled regardless of what the setting actually is. You need to read the ACE documentation to be sure. For example I tried to remove the AI radio chatter once by changing the variable from true to false and they radio chatter was still in game. After further investigation I removed those lines altogether and that did it.

More errors and fun. Oh joy!

File C:\Users\Cypher\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\WO1%20Grunyev%2eC%20[160%2f4SFG]\missions\4SFG_ace_insurgency1_50.fallujah\common\client\mainLoop.sqf, line 81
1835.78 ACRE: Pipe opened.
Error in expression <unum; 
_pos 	= getPosATL _obj; 
_vcl 	= createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "None>
 Error position: <createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "None>
 Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
File C:\Users\Cypher\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\WO1%20Grunyev%2eC%20[160%2f4SFG]\missions\4SFG_ace_insurgency1_50.fallujah\common\server\AI\functions.sqf, line 74
[192691,1838.7,5.072,"idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_handleGetPluginVersion.sqf:50","ACRE Version Information: Plugin:[1.4.10], Addon:[1.4.10.500], Server:[1.4.10.500]"]
Error in expression <unum; 
_pos 	= getPosATL _obj; 
_vcl 	= createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "None>
 Error position: <createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "None>
 Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

What would this be coming from? Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure but it looks like the TS3 Acre plugin-in is not loaded or turned on or maybe running the wrong version.

IDK.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

is anyone of you guys familiar with this mission, regarding editing? I really like the fact, that you can team up on blufor OR do opfor to make it harder for them. Is it possible to get that feature out of the mission? So i can play as opfor vs. my buddies who are actually playing a coop..So i teleport into the AI and team up with the AI..That would be superb...

I'm not quite sure if this is what you are asking. You can edit the ratio of Blufor to Opfor so instead of 4 Blufor to 1 Opfor you can make it 1-1,2-1,4-1 or co-op.

Not sure but it looks like the TS3 Acre plugin-in is not loaded or turned on or maybe running the wrong version.

IDK.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

I'm not quite sure if this is what you are asking. You can edit the ratio of Blufor to Opfor so instead of 4 Blufor to 1 Opfor you can make it 1-1,2-1,4-1 or co-op.

ACRE isnt the issue.