Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

That is why systems like DAC (Dynamic AI Creator) have been created. Check it out, I believe it is at version 3 or something now.

Thanks for reminding me about @dac ... its been a while since i read the manual i need to continue reading... maybe ill find what you are talking about in the @DAC manual. but as of right now i really see nothing in @DAC that resembles what the INS script does..

the scripting is there its just buried and/or I am just to code illiterate to be able to single it out.. I know someone understands what I am getting at I just hope they chime in!

@DAC is nice but INS is what im lookin for ... I like how it spawns them in buildings hieedn from view and only a few at a time. AFAIK @DAC does not spawn units In buildings.. and it would seem its purpose is to spawn a large camp with many groups (defigned by me) I can use that for an AO... but for the way to the AO i would like combatants held up in houses ready to ambush .. cant do that with DAC, you can spawn the group but they will be ouside.. walking around...

I would like to be able to create missions in less time... with the combined attributes of Domination, Insurgency and Patrol Ops.. but on any map...

I think its great that some one is taking requests to port over different versions of the insurgency to a different map.. but wouldn't it be easier for ALL Parties for it to be modular .. so anyone can just pick it up and place it on ANY map.. with enter-able buildings.. and have spawning and despawning Enemy AI... So they can create their own mini insurgency or whatever they want with out having to have someone make it for them.. (and possibly not be what they were after)

I am often disappointed by other maps/missions... sorry to say.. hence I like to make my own.. I love the insurgency ... but its limited... its just insurgency. DOM is limited because .. its just domination... just the same old war over and over.... I NEED to mix it up I HAVE to Mix it up... Can anyone hook a code illiterate monkey out here.. :)

then there is the fact that when i download an insurgency and try to DE-Pbo it so i can try to find the script ... the PBO file is LOCKED... my pbo viewer says ... this is not and ARMA pbo.... but it obviously is... so Even if i tried i couldnt find the script.. PLEASE HELP

Edited by Lordprimate

then there is the fact that when i download an insurgency and try to DE-Pbo it so i can try to find the script ... the PBO file is LOCKED... my pbo viewer says ... this is not and ARMA pbo.... but it obviously is... so Even if i tried i couldnt find the script.. PLEASE HELP

Probably you need to use a different pbo tool. I know that cpbo for example does not work with newer versions of the pbo format. I think ExtractPbo will unpack most if not all pbo formats.

Anyone know what causes the flame bug in insurgency? I dont get it in other missions. It seems worse than ever, played last night and half the map was virtually invisible through the flames....is this an ARMA2 issue?????

This is a gr8 mission,

But I'm having an issue with it. I've searched around and can't come up with any intel bout it. I did see this but no one responded,

Occasionally you cannot re-spawn. Your only option is to quit the game and re-join the server

My problem is that I can't respawn. I'm running A2/CO 1.62 bis op, I've tried unmodding my game as well, aside from hosting my own lan game. I'm unable to jip on other peoples servers. I get to the respawn screen and the respawn gear menu works, but that's it. I hit "enter" no joy. I tried 3 versions of Ins 0_81/ 1_00/ 1_50. Playing DAP-INS-239 the respawn fuction works fine but I realize its a diff respawn script. This wouldn't be a problem If I didn't get killed so much. Anyhow any thought's would Be gr8tly appreciated!

If you are having problems with JIP then I would think this is not an insurgency problem but some sort of other problem.

This is a gr8 mission,

But I'm having an issue with it. I've searched around and can't come up with any intel bout it. I did see this but no one responded,

My problem is that I can't respawn. I'm running A2/CO 1.62 bis op, I've tried unmodding my game as well, aside from hosting my own lan game. I'm unable to jip on other peoples servers. I get to the respawn screen and the respawn gear menu works, but that's it. I hit "enter" no joy. I tried 3 versions of Ins 0_81/ 1_00/ 1_50. Playing DAP-INS-239 the respawn fuction works fine but I realize its a diff respawn script. This wouldn't be a problem If I didn't get killed so much. Anyhow any thought's would Be gr8tly appreciated!

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

I seem to be getting this as well only in Insurgency.

Anyone know what causes the flame bug in insurgency? I dont get it in other missions. It seems worse than ever, played last night and half the map was virtually invisible through the flames....is this an ARMA2 issue?????

Thanks 4 reply Delta.

re dl'ed missions in a different browser an the mission is working 4 me!

Edited by ht-57

I just discovered this mission and I must say that it's great fun.

I usually stick to being OPFOR while my friends are playing BLUFOR and it's a very unique experience, unlike most other missions we've played before.

Thanks 4 reply Delta.

re dl'ed missions in a different browser an the mission is working 4 me!

I am happy that it is working out for you.

I am happy that it is working out for you.

The mission is very good though there's a feature that I'd really like for it to have is the ability to recruit AI, on BLUFOR side.

It would be particularly helpful for those times when you have just a handful of players available.

The mission is very good though there's a feature that I'd really like for it to have is the ability to recruit AI, on BLUFOR side.

It would be particularly helpful for those times when you have just a handful of players available.

Yes, I modified a version a long while ago to do just that but there were a few bugs with it that I never figured out. Seems like there aren't many that are interested in such a thing though.

Is there by any chance a Chernarusian version somewhere? The new ACR Bystrica looks like a decent candidate for insurgency. I'm mainly trying to convert it to see if it's possible, only getting stuck at the CACHEHOUSEPOSITIONS, GUNROOFPOSITIONS and ILLEGALHOUSES.

I have been trying to convert the Takistan insurgency mission to be Russians versus Insurgents, I am running into a lot of problems adding them in instead of Blufor though. Is there already a Russian version out there? Or does anyone have any tips for converting the code? The insurgents being on OpFor seem to be throwing me for a loop. Thanks for any help, back to messing around in scripts for me.

I just discovered this mission and I must say that it's great fun.

I usually stick to being OPFOR while my friends are playing BLUFOR and it's a very unique experience, unlike most other missions we've played before.

totally agree, but I am horrified at so many servers playing Insurgency as CO-OP only, totally removing the PVP element of this unique, fantastic mission. Some folks just need to "win" all the time and are scared of a real challenge I guess :(

Edited by Mandrake5

totally agree, but I am horrified at so many servers playing Insurgency as CO-OP only, totally removing the PVP element of this unique, fantastic mission. Some folks just need to win all the time and are scared of a real challenge I guess :(

I enjoy playing OPFOR because it gives me a reason to be a jerk towards everyone without giving them a reason to hate me. :D

While the BLUFOR side enjoys a more clever "AI" opponent to play against.

I edited the latest version of Insurgency:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b7i25eqb2f1i1lq

+Added AI Recruitment using AI Recruitment script by Bon_Inf

+Added option to chose maximum amount of AIs in a group

*Made a new, simple loading screen (because the old one was, frankly, sub par).

I have had a few issues with this version:

1. Medic's can't seem to heal you. They attempt and you can start moving but immediately fall back over as if they haven't healed you. Tried this a couple of times through 2 different sessions and same all the time.

2. Can't respawn back with your group which is a bit annoying. This isn't too bad though as you can grab a vehicle and get back to the group if they aren't dead by then but still. Would be nice to be able to respawn with them as per coop play.

Update: Aug 8 11:35pm EST:

3. If you take control of the Heli and then return you lose your AI recruits. I remember having this bug in the version I created and wasn't able to determine why. Because of this you cannot use the heli at all.

Edited by Delta99

I have been trying to convert the Takistan insurgency mission to be Russians versus Insurgents, I am running into a lot of problems adding them in instead of Blufor though. Is there already a Russian version out there? Or does anyone have any tips for converting the code? The insurgents being on OpFor seem to be throwing me for a loop. Thanks for any help, back to messing around in scripts for me.

I've been working on a version of Zargabad Insurgency using Vilas' Project '85 units and came across an easy work around while searching this board. I'm not sure what thread I found it in though.

Essentially you can group units to the faction you want them to appear as (ex. OPFOR tethered to BLUFOR), set that units rank higher so they'll take command and set them to be unplayable with 0% probability of presence.

Edited by Fadi
poor wording

I have had a few issues with this version:

1. Medic's can't seem to heal you. They attempt and you can start moving but immediately fall back over as if they haven't healed you. Tried this a couple of times through 2 different sessions and same all the time.

2. Can't respawn back with your group which is a bit annoying. This isn't too bad though as you can grab a vehicle and get back to the group if they aren't dead by then but still. Would be nice to be able to respawn with them as per coop play.

Update: Aug 8 11:35pm EST:

3. If you take control of the Heli and then return you lose your AI recruits. I remember having this bug in the version I created and wasn't able to determine why. Because of this you cannot use the heli at all.

I'm sorry but I know pretty much nothing about ARMA programming so I can't fix any of those issues. All I did was to implement an already made script into the mission.

I'm sorry but I know pretty much nothing about ARMA programming so I can't fix any of those issues. All I did was to implement an already made script into the mission.

Yeah, I'm hoping the maintainers of Insurgency put something like this in as an optional component. I know there was code in there at one point to support this but it was never enabled or taken out in the early days if I am not mistaken.

Is there a place we can/should go to make such a request?

Here's some footage from our Insurgency on Fallujah. Give you an idea of the mission on another map.

@the mission authors: could you add a script to remove crashed helos quickly, as they seem to be the source of the dreaded 'flame bug'? This bug seems to be worse than ever, playing last night we could literally not see the entire western part of the map because of one crashed, constantly burning helo.

Hello, I am having an issue running ACE Insurgency 1.50 on my server. The vehicles do not spawn correctly at the HQ, and the loadout option does not appear in the menu (not sure if it is meant to be this way)

The servers .rpt has a handful of errors, and enabling script errors in-game shows the same thing continuously. It is as follows.

2012/08/26, 10:09:44 Error in expression <humv11>
2012/08/26, 10:09:44   Error position: <humv11>
2012/08/26, 10:09:44   Error Undefined variable in expression: humv11
2012/08/26, 10:09:45 Error in expression <effectcreate ["colorcorrections",1549];
_ppEffect ppEffectEnable true;>
2012/08/26, 10:09:45   Error position: <_ppEffect ppEffectEnable true;>
2012/08/26, 10:09:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: _ppeffect
2012/08/26, 10:09:45 Error in expression <500];
_color = [_R,_G,_B,_intensity];

_ppEffect ppEffectAdjust [
-0.002->
2012/08/26, 10:09:45   Error position: <_ppEffect ppEffectAdjust [
-0.002->
2012/08/26, 10:09:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: _ppeffect
2012/08/26, 10:09:56 Error in expression <humv12>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error position: <humv12>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: humv12
2012/08/26, 10:09:56 Error in expression <humv13>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error position: <humv13>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: humv13
2012/08/26, 10:09:56 Error in expression <humv14>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error position: <humv14>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: humv14
2012/08/26, 10:09:56 Error in expression <atv11>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error position: <atv11>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: atv11
2012/08/26, 10:09:56 Error in expression <atv12>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error position: <atv12>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: atv12
2012/08/26, 10:09:56 Error in expression <atv13>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error position: <atv13>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: atv13
2012/08/26, 10:09:56 Error in expression <atv14>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error position: <atv14>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: atv14
2012/08/26, 10:09:56 Error in expression <heli>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error position: <heli>
2012/08/26, 10:09:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: heli

These errors seem to point to the "defines.sqf" in the /common folder in the .pbo. I am trying to diagnose what is actually happening here and having a bit of an issue..this is the part of "defines.sqf" that I think is involved:

#define westVehicles 		[humv11,humv12,humv13,humv14,humv15,humv16,atv11,atv12,atv13,atv14,atv15,heli,MHQ]
#define westVehicleStrings	["humv11","humv12","humv13","humv14","humv15","humv16","atv11","atv12","atv13","atv14","atv15","heli","MHQ"]

We really love Insurgency and would like to use ACE in conjunction with it, so help would be much appreciated! :)

EDIT: Looked on some other servers which have..lets just say a strange setup of vehicles. They work fine. Loaded some unarmed and different vehicles on my server and it would seem that the defines script is referring to some of the vehicles with the wrong names. Further down the defines.sqf, I found this:

#define HELITYPE         (\
if(INS_AdvanceType == 1)then{"ACE_MH6"}else{\
if(INS_AdvanceType == 2)then{"UH1Y"}else{\
if(INS_AdvanceType == 3)then{"CH_47F_EP1"}else{\
if(INS_AdvanceType == 4)then{"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D"}else{\
if(INS_AdvanceType == 5)then{"AW159_Lynx_BAF"}else{\
if(INS_AdvanceType == 6)then{"MV22"}else{\
"ACE_UH60M"}}}}}})

#define PILOTTYPE          "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1"

#define CAR1TYPE         (\
if(INS_CarType1 == 1)then{"HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1"}else{\
if(INS_CarType1 == 2)then{"BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D"}else{\
if(INS_CarType1 == 3)then{"BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_D"}else{\
if(INS_CarType1 == 4)then{"ACE_HMMWV_M2_USARMY"}else{\
if(INS_CarType1 == 5)then{"LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1"}else{\
if(INS_CarType1 == 6)then{"BAF_Offroad_D"}else{\
if(INS_CarType1 == 7)then{"ArmoredSUV_PMC"}else{\
if(INS_CarType1 == 8)then{"SUV_PMC"}else{\
"SUV_PMC_BAF"}}}}}}}})

I've not included the whole thing, but this indicates that some of the vehicles here have the wrong names. I've checked alongside the classlists of ACE and correct me if I'm wrong, but more than a couple of these are mismatched.. :confused:

Edited by Bates

First of all, you are looking at the wrong errors, they are known and appear because some loops and FSMs run before the mission had completely initialized, but they're unrelated to what you see and cause no side effects.

There was some first release of ACE Insurgency 1.50 where the ammobox did not work correctly, so if you did not download the mission from the official dev-heaven project site, please do so again (see first post).

About the vehicles - which island are you playing (or trying to play, rather)?

We are using the Takistan version of the map. We did get the mission from the official site a few days ago, and I ran an MD5 check, even tried another copy. If we choose a certain combination of vehicles the mission loads fine -- for example, UH1Y, Jackal HMG, Jackal GMG, CZ Land Rover. However using certain vehicles causes the RPT errors I posted to endlessly loop. I've tried leaving the mission on for 30 minutes with these RPT errors -- wow do they stack!!

Comparing the chosen vehicles to the ACE class lists, I don't see any reference to some of these at all. Could this be because we're not using ACE USNavy and RUNavy or am I missing something here? For example the HMMWV.. "HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1" in the script, and "HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1" in the classlist, whereas if you compare the Jackal from script to class list, it matches, and loads fine in the mission..etc..

I'm not going to list them but I think there's more than one.. and although I don't have much scripting experience it would seem that this is the only viable lead as to why those errors continuously appear with only CERTAIN vehicles chosen in the parameters. :(

I did Google the stuff in the .rpt and I did see the discussion on dev heaven about it. Having read that and let the mission run for an amount of time that I consider NOT negligible at all..I do think something is wrong here.

Edited by Bates
I'm not very good at making posts

Hey guys

Fairly new to ARMA II server hosting!

Trying to get Insurgency to start on my new server!

Constantly stuck at wait for host.. Would someone please take a look at my cfg file for me and see what I have done wrong!

Much appreciated

Obviously the server.cfg file has the MOTD etc above, no point posting that!

At the moment I have left beta patch and mods as 0..

Thanks again!

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers = 20;					// Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
kickDuplicate = 1;					// Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.
verifySignatures = 2;					// Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed). 
equalModRequired = 0;					// Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.
requiredBuild = 0;					// Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect
// ======================= 

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1.5;					// Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold = 1.5;					// 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0;						// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 10;					// Quality from 1 to 10
persistent = 0;						// If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.
timeStampFormat = "short";				// Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default),"short","full".
BattlEye = 1;                                           // Server to use BattlEye system

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";					//
onUserDisconnected = "";				//
doubleIdDetected = "";					//
//regularCheck = "{}";                                  //  Server checks files from time to time by hashing them and comparing the hash to the hash values of the clients. Causes heavy I/O, uncomment to disable feature

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";		// unsigned data detected
onHackedData = 	"kick (_this select 0)";	//"ban (_this select 0)";			// tampering of the signature detected
onDifferentData = "";					// data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions {

class InsurgencyChernarus 
{
	template = Insurgency X.Chernarus;
	difficulty = "Veteran";

};
};

Edited by marker