Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Thanks for all your work on the Arma 2 version and as you said hopefully someone (much smarter than I) will take up the torch. I totally understand the frustration in working with A3 beta and it's changes.

Thanks for all your work on the Arma 2 version...

+1! By far my favorite MP mission, and one my community plays regularly (not that I give them much choice ;)). I'd go so far as to say that Insurgency is the reason I landed on Arma as my preferred franchise.

I've been doing my best to figure out how exactly everything is put together script-wise so as to get around the loss of setVehicleInit with BIS_fnc_MP, but I'm a novice scripter at best. I feel I do understand the structure of the mission fairly well, and I wish I could take the reins, but I just don't possess the knowledge necessary to do it justice. Kudos to whoever does step up.

Same here Harzach. Our Insurgency SOAR server still sees 10-15 players daily and mostly full on weekends. A lot of our group were former BF2:PR players so Insurgency was a good place to start.

I wish I knew more about coding so I could fix it but other than customizing things and making small changes, I'm fairly useless.

Couldnt find an Arma3 topic yet so here i go: The A3 version doesnt seem to work mssg: Unsupported language English in stringtable. Had a long hard look at the files but its beyond my skillset :) Any update expected soon (and a A3 topic)?

Couldnt find an Arma3 topic yet so here i go: The A3 version doesnt seem to work mssg: Unsupported language English in stringtable. Had a long hard look at the files but its beyond my skillset :) Any update expected soon (and a A3 topic)?

Discussed at length in the last few pages, and the focus of the last few posts. Insurgency is currently completely broken in Arma 3, with no update currently expected.

basically, Pogoman's original mission does it! you just need to use arrows to move from spawning on teammates or on the mobile headquarters vehicle.

ERROR: Say Fireball's + Pogoman's

Is it possible to change the Units to something else for example USMC and British Woodland? I bet it got asked long time ago but I can't find it. And my Units are always spawning in the water before they get teleported to the mhq location but when they spawned at the mhq they are still swimming in the ground.

Edited by Bak0

hello everyone, im following this thread for a long time and read all your help with the scripts and modifications, i could successfully modify the units and set a static base in chernarus with my custom vehicle setup, but that was some time ago. now i am trying to adapt the basic ace_insurgency1.50 in takistan to clanfghan and what i do is copy all the markers and units from one map to another, then copy the files of the mission itself, then modifiy the centerpos with the new coords of the map and i set playable for every unit except the gravedigger and the other one on top. But when i start the map i dont get teleported near the HQ and any vehicle spawns or even the medic tent or stuffbox moves. if i go to the HQ and click mobilize and then deploy it manually i get the base working as it would normally do, so i dont know what i am doing wrong, any advice would be very appreciated.

ramstin

But when i start the map i dont get teleported near the HQ and any vehicle spawns or even the medic tent or stuffbox moves. if i go to the HQ and click mobilize and then deploy it manually i get the base working as it would normally do, so i dont know what i am doing wrong, any advice would be very appreciated.

I'm writing this top of my head, but you need to make sure that you have the correct startPos and have the player and MHQ units moved (adjust positons of them within the mission.sqm) within the "isDead" range of it, which is, about 500m (or maybe more, depends on the map, check the macro/function).

i dont understand what you mean by "adjust positons of them within the mission.sqm) within the "isDead" range of it", my startPos is the default: #define startPos (getPosATL fieldHospital) and my CENTREPOS is: #define CENTERPOS [14000,14000,0]. where do i have to set the players so they can be moved and the HQ gets deployed when the mission starts?

my Units are always spawning in the water before they get teleported to the mhq location but when they spawned at the mhq they are still swimming in the ground.

You can setPos all playable units to 50m height (init field in editor) - this will prevent them from touching the water before spawning at mission start.

For base respawn I think you need to create an object below the respawn_west marker (at sea level or just above) so the unit 'touches ground' instead of water... have not tried this myself.

For player respawn there is an elevation setting you can adjust.. I'll have to look at my mission to remember what file/line that was ;)

I'm writing this top of my head, but you need to make sure that you have the correct startPos and have the player and MHQ units moved (adjust positons of them within the mission.sqm) within the "isDead" range of it, which is, about 500m (or maybe more, depends on the map, check the macro/function).

God bless you I was trying to figure this out as well... is startPos the variable in question or startLocation (there is a spawnPos variable too but I think it's for CAS spawning)?

You can setPos all playable units to 50m height (init field in editor) - this will prevent them from touching the water before spawning at mission start.

For base respawn I think you need to create an object below the respawn_west marker (at sea level or just above) so the unit 'touches ground' instead of water... have not tried this myself.

For player respawn there is an elevation setting you can adjust.. I'll have to look at my mission to remember what file/line that was ;)

God bless you I was trying to figure this out as well... is startPos the variable in question or startLocation (there is a spawnPos variable too but I think it's for CAS spawning)?

You don't need to setPos the playable units manually, specially not 50m in the air, they'll probably die in the background before the base has initialized. The contrary is the case; they'll not be recognized as "dead".

Note these code lines:

#define startLocation (if(isDead(MHQ))then{HQ}else{MHQ})

// return true when distance to spawnPos is less than 1000m unless the unit is flying (i.e. altitude higher than 50m)

isDead = {

(getPosATL _this select 2 < 50 && (_this distance spawnPos) < 500)

};

#define isDead(X) (X call isDead)

Note this definition in the map-specific defines.sqf (e.g. Takistan):

spawnPos = [0,0,0];

This position is some place in the map, which is not normally reached by normal gameplay, e.g. some island at the edge of the map, or a place far off from the AO radius anyway, so players would never go there deliberately. As soon a base element or player "isDead" (i.e. within 500m and below 50m of the spawnPos), they'll spawn eventually with the base and later on, players will land in the spawn screen where they can choose to spawn with their mates too.

So you simply have to make sure that the MHQ and the players (and other pre-placed elements) are within the spawnPos range of the map you're porting the mission to. Also, you'll have to make sure that the pre-placed elements don't blow up or roll away e.g. because it's too steep or the place is in the water. Go to the editor, make sure it's flat and secluded, copy off the location e.g. using a debug console and define spawnPos. Then go to the mission.sqf and edit the location of all playable units and base elements to be within the range or drag them in the editor.

Edited by Fireball

Thanks a lot for the reply Fireball... I'll have a look at what you suggested.

Setting the units 50m in the air did fix the spawn in swimming animation on ACE Lingor I have tested it on dedicated... but perhaps it can cause issues as you suggested. It's been too long since I've fiddled with Insurgency :p

Hey fireball, just wanted to say that your mission was my favorite multiplier mission for CO. I was just wondering if you already have ported this mission to A3, I have seen several insurgency mission on A3 similar to yours and was curious if it was your official port. If not, do you have any plans to port it over?

Very sorry if this was answered already.

Thanks again for your awesome mission.

Insurgency's primary functions are broken in Arma 3 (read back a few pages). I'm chipping away at it in my spare time, and I think SavageCDN might be as well. Rest assured that any successes will be posted here, and released with Fireball's blessing.

@Harzach

Thank you for the information. I have read everything and I am greatly saddened regarding the current situation. I just wanted to thank you and Savage personally for attempting to fix this amazing mission. Just know there are many like myself who are eagerly waiting for this beloved mission to come to arma 3. I wish I could help, but my skills in scripting is quite close to nothing.

Thank you once again, and best of luck.

Don't thank me yet :p The core issues with converting to Arma 3 are really beyond my abilities to fix unfortunately.

Hi there I have been trying to edit Insurgency for awhile and I can't figure out why custom units are not spawning any AI in. I've ran into this same problem with MSO and still have not figured it out. If someone could enlighten me I would very much appreciate it.

Hi there I have been trying to edit Insurgency for awhile and I can't figure out why custom units are not spawning any AI in. I've ran into this same problem with MSO and still have not figured it out. If someone could enlighten me I would very much appreciate it.

Are you trying to change the faction that spawns as insurgents? There are two files you need to edit.

...\common\defines.sqf:

#define eastInfClasses		[\
"TK_INS_Warlord_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_TL_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Bonesetter_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_AT_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_AA_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_MG_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_AR_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_AAT_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_2_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_3_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_4_EP1"\
]

...\common\server\defines.sqf:

#define vclCrewClass		"TK_INS_Soldier_AT_EP1"
#define staticClass		"TK_INS_Soldier_3_EP1"

Just change the class names to those of the desired units. Take care to maintain correct formatting - watch those commas! And of course, don't forget to switch the placeholder unit ("graveDigger") and the OPFOR player units, if any.

A similar fix for your MSO spawning issues... post in the MSO thread or fire me a PM and I'll get you sorted out

Are you trying to change the faction that spawns as insurgents? There are two files you need to edit.

...\common\defines.sqf:

#define eastInfClasses		[\
"TK_INS_Warlord_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_TL_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Bonesetter_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_AA_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_MG_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_AAT_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_2_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_3_EP1",\
"TK_INS_Soldier_4_EP1"\
]

...\common\server\defines.sqf:

#define vclCrewClass		"TK_INS_Soldier_AT_EP1"
#define staticClass		"TK_INS_Soldier_3_EP1"

Just change the class names to those of the desired units. Take care to maintain correct formatting - watch those commas! And of course, don't forget to switch the placeholder unit ("graveDigger") and the OPFOR player units, if any.

No I want custom units to spawn enemy AI units.

No I want custom units to spawn enemy AI units.

If you want to replace the BLUFOR/player units, you need to add their class names to ...\common\defines.sqf:

#define westSoldierClasses 

You can either add the new class names to the list, or replace the existing class names with those of the units you are using.

Of course, replace the units in the editor as well.

If you want to change the callsign from HITMAN to something else, you need to edit several lines in both ...\common\defines.sqf and ...\common\server\AI\UPS.sqf. With most text editors (Notepad++ is recommended), you can do a quick "find and replace all".

I hope that answers your question. If not, let us know so we can get you up and running.

Edited by Harzach

So how is the arma 3 version coming along? Can we get a Mission File to edit and tinker ourselves? Or atleast an updated version?

So how is the arma 3 version coming along? Can we get a Mission File to edit and tinker ourselves? Or atleast an updated version?

There is no "official" Arma 3 version in the works. Grab the A2 version and knock yourself out!

There is no "official" Arma 3 version in the works. Grab the A2 version and knock yourself out!

I'm working on something inspired to the old insurgency for A3, but completely re-written and with some new gameplay features. I think it could take some more times, but if someone wants to help me testing it and suggest new ideas PM me!