Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

I know which game I'm gonna prefer out of those 2 sets. :)

@Daily Mail, Haha, I thought that kinda thing only happened in America. You'd have thought the media had more important news to talk about rather than moaning about some video game with a car chase scene, with a train. :p

Hahaha!

The Daily Mail: retrogress in a state of panic.

I am going to play No Russian just to kill as many civilians as possible. The taste of freedom it gives me makes my nipples all tingly.

Edited by Prydain

Being a PC gamer I find that Activision is all-in-all done with PC. MW2 was a disaster for PC gamers - I didn't even bother to buy that one after Robert Bowling revealed, just a month prior to the release (!), that there were no dedicated servers. Honestly, match-making works for console, since the system is the same for everyone, but not for PC. It was also limited to 9 vs. 9 with fewer game types then the previous CoD games had. Not to mention the inconsistent story on the single player campaign. However, the PC format did get a boost with Black Ops, bringing back dedicated servers and console commands. The only sad part is all the lag and, for me personally, the balance and accuracy of the weapons.

Having experienced this, I doubt PC is anything but second- or even third class citizens for the upcoming MW3. I don't want to pay for scams like that. Not this dairy cow.

Edited by colossus

We can't think that we PC gamers have a right to dedicated servers and all the bells and whistles that we expect. Get over it and buy it on your console, if you don't want to buy it, don't.

I hate Call of Duty for the same reason I hated Grunge music in the early 90's.

It took rock music from fun loving, guitar solo ripping, and innovative (within the technicality of the music being written) and turned it into endless three chord progressions, solemn monotone voices, and singing about how shitty life is.

Call of Duty took a genre that was headed to bigger and better things with real innovation (OFP, HD2, Rainbow 6, SWAT, etc.) and turned it into endless 6 hour linear corridor shooters with lots of explosions, no thinking, and no replay value.

Obviously, they didn't force almost every other FPS developer to follow their path over and over for the past decade, so it's not all their fault. I still blame their initial success for the crappy state of combat shooters though (sans ARMA).

Edited by bonchie

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's Reveal Trailer, which shows scenes of terrorism on the London Underground, is reported to have led to calls for the game to be banned, reports the Daily Mail. The Daily Mail is comparing the London Underground scenes to the 7/7 terrorist attacks in London, with those affected unhappy about the likeness found in Activision's guaranteed smash hit. Vivienne Pattison of Mediawatch UK has "concerns" because "these games are hyper-real...

Yay I love how people associate any attack in any present time with an attack on their city displayed in a game. :dance1: On that note I wonder how many people in the UK might be aggrivated with the media for thinking of it that way. (IE is this media actually supported by the people's response or is this the media having head up ass white knight response)

On another note there sure seems to be a lot of diving scenes going around.

Edited by NodUnit

We can't think that we PC gamers have a right to dedicated servers and all the bells and whistles that we expect. Get over it and buy it on your console, if you don't want to buy it, don't.

And watch the MP experience just get worse and worse?

No thanks. I have many better, and cheaper, alternatives to Call of Duty.

COD has become the McDonalds of all FPS tbh. Everybody knows it's bad to go there, but they go anyway, since most of your dumb friends are hanging out there and have a nice chat.

)rStrangelove;1939299']COD has become the McDonalds of all FPS tbh. Everybody knows it's bad to go there' date=' but they go anyway, since most of your dumb friends are hanging out there and have a nice chat.[/quote']

I call them "McShooter" for pretty much that reason. :)

McShooter 2011 announced... *yawn*.

Although I have to admit, I bought MW2 (aka McShooter 2009) and got a couple of hours of fun out of the single player campaign. Then another few out of the multiplayer. And then it just got boring. There goes another 50€... but it was fun while it lasted. It's kind of a guilty pleasure, I guess.

Thing is - I like a McDonald's now & then :)

Yeah but McDonald's don't cost you 50 bucks a meal right?

Edited by 4 IN 1

I pay 14 Eur for my fav meal in our greek restaurant around the corner and then i'm well stuffed for half a day. With 14Eur spent at McD i first feel ill for 1 hour and after 2 hours i feel hungry again. Plus 1 additional kilo on my belly which i have to run off.... :P

True, but then I don't need to buy MW3 each time I wish to play it either.... probably all works out :)

COD:Fred Flinstone Edition(Paris Hilton's autograph on cover for the first 5 mil. copies)

COD:Space Warfare

COD:Wild West Shootout(unlock codes for laser rifles and shit if you bought Space Warfare)

COD:Pimp My Bazooka limited edition

COD:Viking Invasion(bonus axe dlc)

COD:Ping Pong MMO

By now I think Activision could simply package a turd in a dvd case and called it Cod.Watch how it sells in millions.And I thought EA was milking NFS.

Here we go again,the gaming press will talk about the next Cod 90% of the time now until it gets released,this bothers me the most.

Most important question,will it play by itself?Sometimes it's really hard for me to press the shooting button and moving key at the same time,they should do something about it.

That's probably what kills me the most and seeds a little bitterness toward the gaming media.

COD can release what is essentially the same game over and over, just with shinier textures and a different campaign, and get lauded as amazing over and over with streams of 90+% reviews every release. This despite games that often have bugs, are 4-6 hours long max, and have multiplayer that's nothing more then a chicken shoot.

Meanwhile, companies who really try to do something bigger, better, and different get slammed if it's not a perfect product, with no regard to the fact that they are trying to do something much tougher and more innovative then COD could dream of doing.

At what point does the media start calling them out for their severe lack of progress (besides some graphical changes) and creativity in their games?

Yeah, every Rockstar open world game gets a 90+% but that's because they deserve it. COD, meanwhile, gets the same treatment with nothing to justify it. There's no reason COD:BLOPS should of gotten a 90% as a game when it was nothing more then modern warfare two set in the cold war.

It's not that they aren't fun at times, but it stunts the industry when the media continues to promote these games as the pinnacle, millions go buy them, and we are stuck with the same line of corridor shooters that never progress outside of graphics and animations. The fact is, just going off my experience with my friends that play COD, they don't know any better. To them, that style of combat shooter is all they've ever encountered being console players. And the gaming media is a big part of why.

Edited by bonchie

COD can release what is essentially the same game over and over, just with shinier textures and a different campaign, and get lauded as amazing over and over with streams of 90+% reviews every release. This despite games that often have bugs, are 4-6 hours long max, and have multiplayer that's nothing more then a chicken shoot.

So what would you call BAF and PMC? And even Arrowhead?

So what would you call BAF and PMC? And even Arrowhead?

Don't bring logic into a debate on the internet please.

No, what he said isn't logical.

Each Call of Duty game since COD4 has made millions, and two Call of Duty games hold the top two spots in the list of largest entertainment launches ever. They have more than enough money to make the game flawless, but they don't even try. Granted, they don't have to: their fans will lap it up anyways.

BIS are not in that position, yet they try to support their games as best as possible.

Really now.

I recall Operation Flashpoint: Resistance as being a quality expansion, with a brilliant campaign. That was a long time ago, and since then, VBS has caught on to the military (though in my experience with it, it is a very weak training tool) and Arma and Arma 2 have probably given even more success to BIS.

So what is up with the weak crap DLCs that have come out, with boring and extremely short campaigns? Arrowhead added "features" that we've had for a long time in ACE, and BAF and PMC just gave us stuff that we've already had in addons.

Why not work on new features, gameplay, and engine developments instead of feeding us weak content? I'd hardly call overpriced addons as "supporting their games."

The Arma franchise is not very different from the Call of Duty business model.

Let's not go there,I don't use ACE and just because they had those features in it doesn't mean BI shouldn't had released Arrowhead.

If BI were Activision they would had chopped Arrowhead in 3 games and charged full price for each one.

I kinda agree with you regarding PMC,but Arrowhead it's in a different league.

Yeah, right. 5 MP maps (2 of which are remakes in regards to MW2) vs new campaigns, new missions, new MP missions, new units, new weapons, new vehicles and some new gameplay features (PMC introduced ingame video playback, proper shotgun mechanics), both for the same price. I know which one is worth it and which obviously isn't.

As Krycek rightly pointed out, what about all the people that don't download/use addons? I use vanilla A2CO a lot more than anything else.

Edited by Zipper5

Really now.

I recall Operation Flashpoint: Resistance as being a quality expansion, with a brilliant campaign. That was a long time ago, and since then, VBS has caught on to the military (though in my experience with it, it is a very weak training tool) and Arma and Arma 2 have probably given even more success to BIS.

So what is up with the weak crap DLCs that have come out, with boring and extremely short campaigns? Arrowhead added "features" that we've had for a long time in ACE, and BAF and PMC just gave us stuff that we've already had in addons.

Why not work on new features, gameplay, and engine developments instead of feeding us weak content? I'd hardly call overpriced addons as "supporting their games."

Agreed. The DLC system for ArmA II has utterly failed, BIS please don't attempt at it again.