Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

/offtopic :p

Quick! Someone lock the topic!

New BF3 Video : Link

This is what Arma 3 will be up against... Too bad there won't be editors and SDK (and good thing for BIS).

The rendering size appears massive... and the detail incredible...

Wait and see if the game delivers or if it's just hype though.

Edit : by the way, I really look forward to fight in Paris for a change...

Edited by EricM

Arma 3's trying to compete with Battlefield 3? News to me. :confused:

I don't see BF3 and Arma 3 as rivals at all. Two very different games.

Arma 3's trying to compete with Battlefield 3? News to me.

Not until recently, but certainly so now IMHO now that BF3 seem to escape the shoebox-sized maps for vast areas while combining air/land/foot gameplay.

Like it or not, BF3 will most likely become the new defacto benchmark for all things with combined arms + large environments, so Arma will be compared to it inevitably.

There are noticeable differences, but Arma's most obvious differences was size and realism. When it comes to size, there seem to be a new serious competitor around.

And as far as realism goes, BF3 has at least top notch graphics, sound, animations and physics. That's also important in terms of realism and immersion. Even if the flight models suck bug time.

With due respect, it would be foolish to dismiss BF3 as "totally another world". This isn't Miku Miku Dance. Comparisons will be made. And A3 will have to stand up to it, and make its uniqueness shine if it wants to exists and be a commercial success.

Edited by EricM

Have you the proof that the islands are as large as the ones from ArmA 2 or are you going by the pictures and gossip?

(if you look at some of the pictures it has highlighted area's which are more then likely the playable area's... just like with BFBC2)

Battlefield and BIS' games have never been in competition, and I see nothing about Battlefield 3 that would change that.

What is with the massive hard-on people have for Frostbite 2?

Looks like Origin messed up, and released the MP Trailer before DICE has got a chance to get show it at E3 yet. :P

(That or it was planned to release an hour before E3)

http://www.origin.com/

Yeah, saw that. Well, no reason to sit through this boring-ass EA Sports stuff anymore. :rolleyes:

There are two (short) clips, the E3 trailer which is still getting take-downs (in HD at least).

dro5ND8-EQw

And the one from Origin.

bCWrUEv9N_4

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

And the BF3 segment is streaming now.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

And holy crap does it look good.

[/color]And holy crap does it look good.

That it does.

I love the visuals, so much immersion in that demo! The smoke, fire and dust looked amazing. Please compare ArmA3 vs BF3 hopefully BIS will add some more environment effects in the game, I don't care about the HD graphics, I care about the interaction with the environment.

Offcourse this is way more 'limited' to ArmA3 but damn the details of the whole tank battle is awesome, interior scene, the 2 different screen inside. Loving that. Too bad the gameplay is not my thing.

Yup, watched it all on SpikeTv and it was quite the visceral experience.

A lil worried about the AI soldiers tho -looked like they were just running blindly into gunfire there :rolleyes:

Still, looks like a keeper to play until Arma 3.

.. Go back about 6 posts and Defunkt had already posted them. :)

i didnt read through any of the previous posts but here is a cool video of some details in BF3, along with interviews with creators.

Edit: it has a girl interviewer as well ;)

This is going to be the game of the year for me i think..

Here's the BF3 segment that was streamed from the EA presentation:

9UwOrl036_A

Edited by Defunkt
Updated with better source from the OP.

Am I the only one that noticed Red River-style laser tracers?

Edit: Did anyone notice that in the tank battle, the sun is magically to the north of the player's position?

Either they're in the Atacama Desert or something is strange here.

Edited by maturin