Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

No , that guy is not spaming the burst fire , he is just holding the trigger - listen to the sound

I say again: Put fire selector in burst -> you have burst fire :rolleyes:

most if not everything in the vid is the M4A1 gameplay, so what's the problem?

look at 0:40 then notice the M16A4 bottom on screen

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

I say again: Put fire selector in burst -> you have burst fire :rolleyes:

FPDR

M16A4 Burst fire is only 3 round burst - not automatic fire :j:

Burst fire is only 3 round burst - not automatic fire :j:

I say again: Put fire selector in burst -> your weapon fires burst rounds. There is a button for this. If that single thing is such an issue for you, you can always use the burst fire.

look at 0:40 then notice the M16A4 bottom on screen
duh, true. Seems like that's really full auto M16A4 (not even a high-rank customized one). fail

Charles, You seem to don't understand something...

Anyway seems like spray'n'pray, I guess I'm happy (well, I have to be anyway, no win7) with my BF2:PR ;]

Edited by JonPL

I do, but if this is a reason to dislike the whole game, then I must say it is not an issue for me.

I see lots of drop shotting garbage and quick Call of Duty type gameplay.

Chucking grenades in a second, fast reloads, shooting a damn rocket launcher over your team mates fuckin head you know that kind of shit.

Correct terminology would be Tacticool gameplay not realistic FPS....

If 10 times more ppl preordered this compared to BF2 then i don't think anyboby cares about selector settings and firemodes.

)rStrangelove;1991944']If 10 times more ppl preordered this compared to BF2 then i don't think anyboby cares about selector settings and firemodes.

true indeed , "smart" people

anyway in Bad Company 2 - it was 3 round burst ,but in their MOH it was full auto just like BF3 - that's very interesting and funny too

Battlefield 2 vanilla was hardly realistic either, but that was fun as hell and still is. Why shouldn't it retain the same feel in BF3? If these were ArmA 3 videos I'd understand the hate...But this is unrealistic gameplay in a franchise that has never really been ultra realistic in the first place, so why complain now?

Well, these issues, among others, make it seem more like a sequel to Bad Company 2 than a sequel to Battlefield 2. That's reason to complain in my eyes.

And from what I can see in gameplay videos, it does not have any of the Battlefield 2 feel and all of the Bad Company 2 feel.

Imo to have more BF2 feel they'd need to show more vehicle combat scenes (air, ground and static emplacements).

Too much infantry videos, esp with this alpha footage which is just a small infantry / APC map (it seems). So all in all i'd say (or hope) that we didn't see the whole 'picture' of BF3 yet.

Correct, it is still in alpha stages. I think some people need to remember that.

It's still supposed to give you a feel of what the expect, and my point is that it gives off way more Bad Company 2/Medal of Honor vibes than anything resembling a Battlefield 2 vibe.

I participated in the Bad Company 2 beta and it wasn't a whole lot different to the finished product.

It's still supposed to give you a feel of what the expect, and my point is that it gives off way more Bad Company 2/Medal of Honor vibes than anything resembling a Battlefield 2 vibe.

I participated in the Bad Company 2 beta and it wasn't a whole lot different to the finished product.

True - it won't be changed much , as we know how DICE is listen/doing/fixing stuff

The alpha is more to do with bug testing and graphical design i would think, the basic gameplay mechanics cannot be changed. I can stand the prone combat, thats a good thing and slows down the game so you can be a tad tactical. However the jumping to prone issue needs to be fixed.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

I actually remember seeing the M16 being an A2 varient in promo pics...

most if not everything in the vid is the M4A1 gameplay, so what's the problem?

Nope, they've given the M4A1 burst and the M16A4 full auto, seen it in other vids.

)rStrangelove;1991944']If 10 times more ppl preordered this compared to BF2 then i don't think anyboby cares about selector settings and firemodes.

...and CoD BO sold how much? Just because it sells well doesn't mean its good...Bieber for instance, wouldn't exactly call him quality would you?

Edited by Innomadic

Stupid me, i always thought giving out an alpha coupled with a signed NDA is to get vital feedback from testers. ;)

Heh funny bug

Yeah i noticed that alot not just with mags, but with bits of tank and wood ect.

Correct, it is still in alpha stages. I think some people need to remember that.
Yes, Whereas alot of people will be going "It's not going to change much", once you play, You do realize there's alot of stuff missing or just not right in the Alpha - Not to mention a few very annoying bugs*.

* The NDA says I'm not allowed to tell you them, so tough luck. :p

Nope, they've given the M4A1 burst and the M16A4 full auto, seen it in other vids.

The M16 does has burst fire in BF3 ...

...and CoD BO sold how much? Just because it sells well doesn't mean its good...Bieber for instance, wouldn't exactly call him quality would you?

No, but there's a reason CoD sells so well - It's because there is a huge fanbase that does, very much, love the series. Edited by Ben_S

Both M4A1 and M16A4 are fully automatic in BF3

Both also have semi-auto and burst-fire modes.

Hermaphrodite is great. It's a good choice for everyone, heterosexuals like me too. You know, because after all, it does have a vagina. Who cares about the other stuff, yeah?

You know, just an (equally lame) analogy to the lamest excuse ever.

Edited by JonPL
duh, critical error in translation