Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

A big problem is EA is so intent on de-throning COD that they are willing to sacrifice what makes Battlefield unique to do it.

I also have a baaaaaad feeling DICE are drooling over the prospect of getting big fat bonus cheques like the developers COD do.

So they might get blinded by $$$ and do whatever it takes to get them..... make Battlefield another COD but with destruction.

What makes you say that they are emulating COD aside from their similar asthetics?

A big problem is EA is so intent on de-throning COD that they are willing to sacrifice what makes Battlefield unique to do it.

I also have a baaaaaad feeling DICE are drooling over the prospect of getting big fat bonus cheques like the developers COD do.

So they might get blinded by $$$ and do whatever it takes to get them..... make Battlefield another COD but with destruction.

How are they sacrificing uniqueness? The BF formula is there, just more awesome with more destruction and better graphics.

How are they sacrificing uniqueness? The BF formula is there, just more awesome with more destruction and better graphics.

Personally i don't see what was unique in the first place. Ok sure you have set classes, slightly more integral teamwork with healing and re-armament etc, however the basic gameplay mechanic is still exactly the same as CoD, which is exactly the same as MoH and all FPS shooters before it. Just because the map is bigger and the objective is different doesn't all of a sudden change everything.

And now DICE is following Activisions business profile, get rid of modding, implanting DLC, same thing that Codemasters did with RR. Everyone is looking for their CoD killer, and honestly EA should have kept it at MoH.

Edited by Innomadic

Personally i don't see what was unique in the first place.

Oh so you're just trolling this topic. Happy trolling, I'm out.

Oh so you're just trolling this topic. Happy trolling, I'm out.

Uh, no, give me a reason to troll, i have CM forums for that. Basic game mechanics in BF have not changed, and do not changed when you change the objective. All those games feel the same to me, and the map size does not change a thing.

I will get BF3 somewhere down the line, you can only play Arma so much, i just don't think its the great Messiah of arcade gaming that its made out to be.

- Medics for healing and revives

- Support for ammo

- Engineers for repairs

- Commanders

- Squad leaders - Moving spawn point.

-Points system that rewards you for doing the role of your kit and not just running around getting kills.

- Unlock system . Heal/Revive/Supply/Fix and you get higher points to earn the higher weapons. Just shooting enemies earns you less.

- Weapons for each given out in such a way that forces you to work together

Battlefield 2142 got this mix down right. They balanced the weapons and kits more

tweaked the unlocks system to further force the roles to cooperate and do their jobs.

Wasn't as popular because of the futuristic theme and many people fasely thinking it was

a pew pew lasers future game.

BC2 introduced 3D spotting which is essentially a wall hack.

just aim at the triangle and fire.

- No prone - To keep the pace fast and furious.

- No commander

- Linear maps

- Unbalanced kits - Medics are pretty much usless and they is no punishement for not

doing you're job.

Lots of other stuff and now many of the BC3 some of it is going to make it's way into BF3

- No commander [According to DICE, they are working on something to replace it......wait and see right now]

- 3D Spotting

- Less kits. Battlefield 2142 had only 4 but they were balanced nicely so this could work out.....

Theres also the comment about snipers in the last video. They're adding a flash suppressor to their guns so "They can still close and run alongside their teammates"

Thats a Designated marksman role.

They might have a plan to nerf the kit and guns so that your unable to properly function

as a long range sniper providing overwatch and sneaking past enemy lines to cap flags

spot incoming enemies, destroy assets...etc...etc.

Battlefield up until BC2 was a very unique game and there is a serious risk that EA

will force DICE to kill that to make it as popular and "Accessible" as COD.

However. What has appeared is showing great promise. Large maps, Prone, jets....etc

DICE kept the return of prone hidden for months even though the BF vets were worked up into a lather over the possibility that it was no longer in BF.

I'm sure there will be more suprises.

Edited by jblackrupert

If you're not using addons, then you're missing out on one of the biggest reasons why BIS games are superior to almost every other FPS on the market.

I think Modern Warfare 3 will be a blast. Will I spend far more of my life playing Arma 3? Yes. But I can derive plenty of enjoyment from both. I don't have to be a complete elitist about it. The ignorance and elitism of a large portion of the Arma community probably drives away more potential players than anything else.

- Medics for healing and revives

- Support for ammo

- Engineers for repairs

- Commanders

- Squad leaders - Moving spawn point.

-Points system that rewards you for doing the role of your kit and not just running around getting kills.

- Unlock system . Heal/Revive/Supply/Fix and you get higher points to earn the higher weapons. Just shooting enemies earns you less.

- Weapons for each given out in such a way that forces you to work together

Battlefield 2142 got this mix down right. They balanced the weapons and kits more

tweaked the unlocks system to further force the roles to cooperate and do their jobs.

Wasn't as popular because of the futuristic theme and many people fasely thinking it was

a pew pew lasers future game.

BC2 introduced 3D spotting which is essentially a wall hack.

just aim at the triangle and fire.

- No prone - To keep the pace fast and furious.

- No commander

- Linear maps

- Unbalanced kits - Medics are pretty much usless and they is no punishement for not

doing you're job.

Lots of other stuff and now many of the BC3 some of it is going to make it's way into BF3

- No commander [According to DICE, they are working on something to replace it......wait and see right now]

- 3D Spotting

- Less kits. Battlefield 2142 had only 4 but they were balanced nicely so this could work out.....

Theres also the comment about snipers in the last video. They're adding a flash suppressor to their guns so "They can still close and run alongside their teammates"

Thats a Designated marksman role.

They might have a plan to nerf the kit and guns so that your unable to properly function

as a long range sniper providing overwatch and sneaking past enemy lines to cap flags

spot incoming enemies, destroy assets...etc...etc.

Battlefield up until BC2 was a very unique game and there is a serious risk that EA

will force DICE to kill that to make it as popular and "Accessible" as COD.

However. What has appeared is showing great promise. Large maps, Prone, jets....etc

DICE kept the return of prone hidden for months even though the BF vets were worked up into a lather over the possibility that it was no longer in BF.

I'm sure there will be more suprises.

Medic useless in BC2? Funny!

Rush mode not unique to BC2?

BC2 is still way above any COD/MW ** bleeep **

might rent it to have a go of SP

i quite like the action movie style to the campaign

hate MP though

Looks like it'll be a fun game, if only I could be bothered to upgrade my pc anymore :C

Looks like it'll be a fun game, if only I could be bothered to upgrade my pc anymore :C
ArmA 3

and you wonder why mod tools and sdks are on the brink of extinction...

Any hope of me actually purchasing this game went out the window when I read that.

Any hope of me actually purchasing this game went out the window when I read that.

I'll wait until it's coming cheap during one of those Steam weeks.

Only interested in SP though, sometimes the environment / mission gameplay can be a great inspiration to do something similar for ArmA.

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game

No comment needed.

Players of PC versions of "Call of Duty" don't pay to play others online.

That calmed me down.

That calmed you down? you didn´t read carefully. Of course you don´t have to sign up on this service, but you will miss out all the new maps and so on.

Anyone agrees that Kotick is a greedy prick?

Who needs ArmA3 with stunning visuals and a stunning set a features when you can just buy a much more primitive game running on an aging engine and still spend indefinately more money on it even after purchase?:dummy: I know I dont. :D

fpUMZGM1N7o

Why one should pay for statistics, few ingame stuff and trendy-fancy "social networking" stuff? More Weird people but the seem to be happy...