sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

I do have one small question.

Does anybody know of any good AH-64/Little Bird Campaigns or Missions that I could fly with a friend? Say in the Apache he as Gunner or Reverse?

I do have one small question.

Does anybody know of any good AH-64/Little Bird Campaigns or Missions that I could fly with a friend? Say in the Apache he as Gunner or Reverse?

For two players choppers missions check W0lle's Cold War Crisis Classic pack (no addons needed). It includes at least two pilot-gunner coop missions.

Any other good old fashion coop mission packs. Kind of like Sander's and VanhA's missions. I'd like some good quality too :p . No respawn/revive and also compatible with SP if optional.

Edited by Phantom Six

I want to practice hot LZ and tactical landings offline by my self as the pilot. The Insertion/Extractions would be 2 different scenarios

Any other good old fashion coop mission packs. Kind of like Sander's and VanhA's missions. I'd like some good quality too :p . No respawn/revive and also compatible with SP if optional.

Just like my taste! Visit our Comrades in Arms coop server mission list (Google spreadsheet). It lists all our missions- 801 vanilla missions, 139 CWR2 missions and 61 i44 missions (note the tabs at the bottom).

Feel free to PM me the missions you would like and I will be glad to send them to you. However, it will be even better if you come play them with us during the CiA coop nights :).

Hi could people point me to missions or campaigns that are using the RHS addons please!

Hi could people point me to missions or campaigns that are using the RHS addons please!

Campaign: (Seal Team Six) .. there are four or five of them and they all uses RHS weapons pack.

Mission: (Forgotten few) .. uses RHS weapons pack and also RHS armored vehicles

Hello.

I'm looking for a mission for a firing range, or training camp of sorts.

It'll be for me to teach friends the usage of weapons in Arma 2.

Ideally I'd like something similar to the Operation Arrowhead bootcamp firing range, except more sandbox- without all the "do this, do that" ect...

I'll also be editing it myself, so I just need to extract the PBO, right?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there I see your looking for a Training misison with a Firing Range and other weapons. So I decided that I may be able to help you and anyone else out with this. Ive been making missions for a long time,Not real fancy ones but none the less playable.

My more recent ones include FORT BENNING Ga. Map If you have that I can help you out. I have almost recreated FORT BENNING US ARMY BCT. I have serval missions all around the base made to look and feel as close to the real ones as I can within the limitations of the sim however. I have been wanting to release this for Clans to train newbies with and any other Army clans just looking for some good rifle ranges. I have currently 14 training missions pertaining to BCT including a Fun Crawl through Live fire Obstacle course. Though I made them with a couple extra addons active its nothing too heavy for any one person to download as MAPEU is 1MB and MBG killhouses isnt too bad a download either. heres a list of the missions. Like I said its nothing fancy they were designed for training and not fully functional playability with Task hints and Briefings music ect. They are as is but I have been wanting to get some feed back on them.

FORT BENNING GA. US ARMY BCT Current Misisons("ACE REQUIRED")

Basic Marksmanship Qualification (BRM)= Hit 40 popup targets /Scored and random targets M16A2 with 2 20 clips

LIVE FIRE exercise 1 = Crawl through obstacles and Barb wire while Live tracers are just inches above your head and explosives are going off!

Mortar Familiarization training = both 60mm & 81mm Tank targets are set up in the woods one is marked on map for practice and the other two are for qualification.

NBC Training = Nuclear Chemical Biological Warfare simulation training. (Uses BTK gasmask Script) -I call it the sugar shack hehe.

Basic Fort Benning Ga. Template with ranges = For adding what you want without other triggers firing ( No active scripts and triggers.)

BRM Qualify Practice = Here you trainees can hone their skill before Qualifying on the M16A2

M203 Training = Target Practice and Qualification out 400meters.

M240 Range

M249 Range

Moving Targets Range

Night Infiltration Course = In depth live fire Exercise/Crawl through Obstacles with Mortars going off and live tracers flying inches overhead freezing when flares are fired while carrying a heavy ruck /Flank 3 Enemy machine Gun nests to Complete.

Room Clearing CQB course = Takes place at MOUT Mckenna not made exact but close within limitations. Allows for officers to overwatch the trainee/s as he/she/they clear each room with random targets and hostage targets.

Grenade Training and Familiariztion = Designed from actual Army Grenade Instructions,the trainee will learn that there is a science to throwing a Grenade,and will be given the ability to hone the skill.

Let me know if your interested I would love to get some Beta tests and see how it is Implemented with Clans. I just build these out of Boredom but I don't filibuster I put real thought into these even though they are just for fun they have potential.

feel free to send me a PM. Some of these are single player and some are for large groups. The NBC training is for an Instructor and a trainee not a large group Unfortunately. I am looking at adding other things to the BCT and possibly making it into a campaign but I have alot on my plate so I have discontinued my work on BCT for now I plan later to add an AT mission, and Medical training as well Advanced Marksmanship and sniper Qualification.

I saw some one mentioned Restrepo as well. I have a Made to look and feel,of it as well its on Tora Bora more of a move me where ever and build as you please though. NO KOP sorry that terrain is horrid for building on.

I guess I should release more of my stuff on Armaholic but its time consuming to get a release, and Missions for the Community need to be well prepared before an Actual Armaholic worthy release.

Heres a vid Edited by Eaglezero6205

If there is one thing missing from ArmA2, it's a good self scoreable training regime that works with ACE. America's Army had these great CQB courses where you could practice as much as you'd like and the score would be based on speed, accuracy and other factors (for example, you'd lose points if you hit a civilian)

@Haviv

Speaking of Americas Army 2 I just got done with a video in which I made a Compilation of my Americas Army 2 Snakeplain Pictures and a Comparison of what the game AA2 looks like and what My Arma2 Snakeplain looks like.

Check it out

Also I'll be posting another video soon of my JRTC Farm Raid I made for Arma2 from Americas Army 2 for the Community. Snakeplain is out already JRTC Farm Raid is soon to be released on Armaholic.

I just posted a topic today about an upcoming update for snakeplain so I personally would not download the mission till I release the update. It missing little things that an AA2 fan would notice.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

I knew that the British army likes to be bold and that it often lacks resources but this account of 9-man pathfinder unit facing 2000 iraqis (inc. Republican Guard) rather takes the p1ss:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9722000/9722405.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/betrayed-behind-enemy-lines-army-captain-breaks-silence-on-elite-units-fight-for-survival-7715789.html

Their 80km extraction (inc. 4 ambushes) sounds like the perfect mission for OA (just need to find a good 40x40km map).

Edited by domokun

More details on that mission can be found in D. Collins In foreign fields (2007), page 30ff, in the elaborated citation for Sgt M. Heley, MC. The objective was to scout out the airfield eventually taken by the marines of 1st Recon, as described in One bullet away and Generation Kill.

Regards,

Sander

hi guys.

I just wondered:

I'd like to see 3 campaign - one with the I44 mod, one with the Unsung mod and one in modern battlefield.

Could some people be working on that?

thanks.

Hello!

I would like to ask if theres anyone who could help me out editing Domination260z on Chernarus, I need it for my TRU but I do not know how to edit it as I want players to play as CDF using Project CDF and enemies be People's Republic of South Zagoria as well from Project CDF so when they do missions they gain bonus vehicles from Project CDF.

Thank you.

I've just download and played I44 mod for arma. It was a Blast. included in the mod was a C&H mission that I played, it was real fun. Is there a mission for CO that abaut the same, having AI and /or player to play with.

a link would be nice, a link to make my own C&H for nay map would be awsome as well.

I have an idea for a mission or maybe as a Single Player RPG.

It's a game where your AI soldiers have the ability to level up gaining better accuracy and response time.

Missions can be randomly generated with difficulty rating shown on map so Player can choose which difficulty mission he's able to do with his current army/soldiers.

Player soldiers will be bought at poll similar like warfare. One major difference is that barracks will only provide fresh green recruits. But your soldier will have the ability to level up base on his kills and participation in missions. Accuracy and response time will level up accordingly making you will want to try to keep all your soldiers alive as much as possible because nothing can buy experience. This way you will always have a nice mix of fresh recruits and veterans in your squad.

Completing missions or by killing will generate money or income for you to further upgrade your soldiers or the capability to upgrade your HQ to provide better equipment and weapons.

well lets just say it will be like warfare for single player but with soldiers that will get better after each kills and mission completion. So a commander job will be getting their units to the field and getting them back alive like a real comm supposed to be. And you will need to manage their ammo and weapons too and by coming back to HQ to refill your lost units and rearm. Ability to attach fix emplacement will be nice, dragging that expensive guns for your ambush mission and etc.

So as a commander your main job will be to complete your missions while keeping as many of your subordinate alive to keep their experience growing making them a bad ass unit in longer time.

Because missions are generated randomly you will have a perfectly nice sandbox game with high replay value. Having a soldier roster showing his name, kills, mission completion and ranks will be useful.

It's unlucky we still dont have a proper moral system or it can be included and your green recruits will cower in terror when their commander makes a wrong recon assessment and went against a T90 with green troops. (Remember hiding in a camp when the ground shakes with the sound of tank tracks getting near? >=P)

Missions can include random patrols or surprise missions with unknown difficulty status to add some spice to it. Because money are gained only by mission completions and kills, equipment and vehicles are valuables. If a player will rambo and kill all the enemy by himself, his soldiers wont gained any experience >=3

edit

Commander upgrade tree can be like this and some other pointers.

1. comm -> 4 AI -> 8 -> 12 ->16 -> 2 Team leader -> 3 -> etc

2. Vehicles -> light transport -> light armed -> etc

3. Soldier Upgrade - increase accuracy/response time/weapons load out

4. Comm can respawn on mobile HQ or ambu (so player will not get sick of spawning at base XD)

5. Soldiers injured will transport to ambu and need to transport to base to stay in medical tent at base until recover (maybe after 2-3 mission) or

6. Injured soldiers will automatically transport to ambu or hospital to prevent tedious function of saving them on site (cause doing repetitive thing like that is boring, but you can add thefunction for anyone that prefer realism to the max =) )

7. Comm will be able to buy soldiers at base and manage their poll, replacing injured units with fresh recruits while letting injured veterans heal at field hospital.

8. Soldiers will DIE, but randomly. (No you dont get to resurrect them cause it's not a medieval RPG game. lawl)

Missions can consist of any random stuffs from

Easy - 1 to 4 man team

1. disabling mines on road

2. painting targets for air strike

3. sniper missions

4. steal the car (lol)

5. repair friendly units on hot zone

6. deliver supplies

ETC

Medium - 8 to 16 man team

1. Ambush enemy convoy

2. attacking enemy outpost

3. attack and more attack missions

4. arty missions

Hard - 2 Platoon - 4 platoon

1. supporting major attack

2. Air support

3. Any medium operation

etc

Extreme

1. Frontal assault on enemy line

2. Defending forward base from enemy attack

3. Using ICBM =)

4. Aircraft SEAD missions

5. Air superiority missions

6. Defending air craft carrier

etc

Unknown (?)

1. throwing in some surprise elements for the courages ones, maybe will gain high bounty

2. Maybe an easy mine disabling mission but in the middle of a tank convoy route or something (surprise!)

etc

Some harder missions can be set through some randomly generated major action like WICT mod n etc, like completing missions while 2 major forces are clashing together.

So in summary

- do missions -> get money -> upgrade better equipment and more AI

- Keep AI alive -> Let them do the fighting -> much more bad ass AI for you to command

- Manage your AI through pools by adding them to your active group or letting them rest to heal.

- random missions can be a ripoff of all the smaller missions done by others =P

- OMG it's similar to Mount and Blade......

Since it's an RPG, i guess your AI is the one with options to upgrade , well maybe u can upgrade by the equipment you can carry i guess. So the mission will be repetitive and you can choose which one to do at the current moment

Well this is the idea and i hope it will provide some interesting gaming if someone would like to do it. maybe it can include MP option where your buddy can join in and become another commander or one of your units and you can still continue playing alone when they are not around.

You can make a new thread to get more feedback or ideas from other users too. You can even use the same concept for a Zombie mission!!

Damn, i'm willing to pay money for this kind of sandbox mission lol.

BIS make this into a DLC!!!!!

Have fun!

I am working on a SP mission that incorporates some of these ideas, basically its a Chernarus mission were the goal is to survive apprx 10 days of conflict on Chernarus. The mission will probably be presented as a series of recollections by the player. Its not going to be epic scale or anything but a 1km radius Area of Operations is randomly selected on the map and friendly + enemy AI will pursue random objectives on the map. There's no 'base' or production but friendly units will gain in skill level with each kill making them far more effective. The RPG elements will be reflected in character voice acting, I still have to experiment with kbtell etc. The missions are infantry orientated but the player won't really be given command but will be following his squad/platoon on their missions. When a mission is complete your squad/platoon will retire to the nearest village or setup camp which will hopefully give the player a chance to chat with his squad mates about the progress of the missions (provided all goes well with the coding as I am on a deadline.)

The player will play as part of CDF forces fighting against the enemy insurgent forces (I haven't decided yet whether I'll throw Russia into the mix, (maybe for a follow up release). I am also thinking of having unit experience represented by the level of camo they apply to their face.

I am working on a SP mission that incorporates some of these ideas, basically its a Chernarus mission were the goal is to survive apprx 10 days of conflict on Chernarus. The mission will probably be presented as a series of recollections by the player. Its not going to be epic scale or anything but a 1km radius Area of Operations is randomly selected on the map and friendly + enemy AI will pursue random objectives on the map. There's no 'base' or production but friendly units will gain in skill level with each kill making them far more effective. The RPG elements will be reflected in character voice acting, I still have to experiment with kbtell etc. The missions are infantry orientated but the player won't really be given command but will be following his squad/platoon on their missions. When a mission is complete your squad/platoon will retire to the nearest village or setup camp which will hopefully give the player a chance to chat with his squad mates about the progress of the missions (provided all goes well with the coding as I am on a deadline.)

The player will play as part of CDF forces fighting against the enemy insurgent forces (I haven't decided yet whether I'll throw Russia into the mix, (maybe for a follow up release). I am also thinking of having unit experience represented by the level of camo they apply to their face.

Sounds great Rejenorst! Looking forward to it to end a too long period without playing your work!! :)

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a training range mission where I can test various sniper rifles like the one you can see in this video:

Can you help me figure out how the author of the video entered in that test mode? I tried armory but it isn't like that.

Thank you.

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a training range mission where I can test various sniper rifles like the one you can see in this video:

Can you help me figure out how the author of the video entered in that test mode? I tried armory but it isn't like that.

Thank you.

Blongs in the User mission requests! thread. I will move move these posts there.

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to ask fot this. Could you recommend me an ACE2/ACRE missions for coop 4-8 players for a 2-3 hour session and WITHOUT RESWPAWN. Any type of mission is ok, but the best it would be US Special Forces.

The more dose realism of realism included, the better. I would love to play some kind of missions like: Locate target (POW Camp, weapon depose, VIP Officer) on a hostile teritory (navigate through map without GPS), do the job and evacuate when being hunted, but that's only an example and any kind of realistic coop, 2-3h mission will be much apreciated.

If you could tell me how to look for this kind of missions it would be great. I'm looking at armaholic, but i can't use a filter there to search for missions coop 4-8, ace2 and without respawn.

Thank You,

Lato

Hello all

Is there a mission out there that has every in game unit in it? I seem to recall someone doing something with loads of vehicles and other units in it, but I can't for the life of me find anything like it.

Thanks for any help :)

Just wonder if there is anyone out there who have a port of Hexenkessel for AA2, even for CWR2? Might even ask the same for Bridge to Freedom when I'm at it :)

Might even ask the same for Bridge to Freedom when I'm at it :)

Overlord, you mean the one where a bunch of civis start by ambushing a bus of conscripts? If this is the one, W0lle made a conversion of it on Takistan, called "Pass to Freedom". I don't know of a full CWR2 conversion using Nogova though. Wolle's one is a great mission. We completed it a few weeks ago! :yay:

Edited by Variable