sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

I'm looking for missions or campaigns for island Lingor.

It's a great island, but there aren't any missions/campaings made for it. Only a couple.

Preferably a dynamic mission, so I can replay it, since the lack of love for this island will probably continue :(

I'm looking for missions or campaigns for island Lingor.

It's a great island, but there aren't any missions/campaings made for it. Only a couple.

Preferably a dynamic mission, so I can replay it, since the lack of love for this island will probably continue :(

KingNL, check W0lle's Delta Force campaign. In addition see Lightspeed's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder campaign.

What you can also do is connect to a free server (like the LOL Majors - they have quite a few Lingor units) when there's no one on it and get all their coop missions. Most of them are playable in SP mode or by locally hosting the mission by yourself.

Of course you can also play with more players online, in coop mode. If interested check CiA Friday Night Special, we play quite a few Lingor missions on it.

I'm the same, I d/l'ed Lingor, but haven't been able to enjoy it properly yet as I can't seem to get the Island Thunder missions to work (you cannot edit/play as such and such is missing sort of thing). If anyone is playing the GR IT campaign at the moment let me know so I can try harder to fix it, I'd love to play it. It's a great Island, btw, brilliant mapping.

I will give the DF Campaign a go too!

@KingNL and eni:

I'm currently working on a campaign on Lingor with Operation Frenchpoint.

It should be released in July, maybe with the new version of OFrP.

check my signature to see it, I've released an alpha version in my thread.

I really want some terrorist missions. more like a dynamic mission where you play as a member of the taliban, and are sent out to set ieds and ambush convoys, ambush outpost and used vbieds to destroy valuable targets. theres like only one mission by coffecat where you play as the insurgents. Can anyone do this. I have been playing ofp since its first day release and have never been able to make my own missions because im terrible with the editor (hopefully a friendly 3d editor with click and drag scripts will be avaliable in arma 3). But even better would be like the campaign the forgotten few but you play as a terrorist, and have limited suppourt like mortars and rocket barrage. WE NEED MORE TERRORIST missions!

So I suck at maps or i would do this myself but if possible could someone make this for me. A squad deathmatch where you pick your gear and your squad of 4 and fight to the death in a big city you only have 1 life and there would be 3 or 4 teams. If someone could make this me and my friends would be so happy.

Is there any mission, or is it possible to make one that acts like some sort of battlefield type mission? Like battlefield 2 that is, where you used to capture certain points by using staying at a flag for a period of time. But then with enemy patrols, not only soldiers but tanks and helicopters etc too.

Basicly something like this= 1. you head to a village 2. beat the enemy there 3. take over 4. repeat (you win when you take over all villages).

It doesn't have to be anything fancy, I'd just like something that's a bit dynamic so it's replayable, and also something tense. (I saw people play a mission they made in, what they said, 10 minutes. Those were amazing. Though they don't share that particular mission sadly). Thanks in advance!

Is there any mission, or is it possible to make one that acts like some sort of battlefield type mission? Like battlefield 2 that is, where you used to capture certain points by using staying at a flag for a period of time. But then with enemy patrols, not only soldiers but tanks and helicopters etc too.

Basicly something like this= 1. you head to a village 2. beat the enemy there 3. take over 4. repeat (you win when you take over all villages).

It doesn't have to be anything fancy, I'd just like something that's a bit dynamic so it's replayable, and also something tense. (I saw people play a mission they made in, what they said, 10 minutes. Those were amazing. Though they don't share that particular mission sadly). Thanks in advance!

Is this what you're looking for? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?110867-BattleField-3-(MP-amp-SP)-(A2-amp-OA)-CTI-Utes

Battlefield like mission by Zonekiller.

Hi guys, I'm looking for more sniper SP missions like the "one shot one kill" mission. can you suggest anything? thx

check my campaign, i dont know if any recent changes in the game have affected it. Its a sniper campaign.

Link in my sig.

Hello, I am looking for a mission I played somewhere, Its set in lingor island where you are a USMC (( its a COOP mission )) where you must take over town like when its taken over its blue if enemies green, and its dynamic that the enemies will come and take the town over again?

Thanks a bunch

Hi guys, I'm looking for more sniper SP missions like the "one shot one kill" mission. can you suggest anything? thx

I just released a two player sniper mission with my mission pack. It should be playable solo, and I would love to get some feedback on it.

kinda like to see something like Warfare in future/space.

kinda like Carrier Command but on Arma2 engine/perspective.

or Medieval Warfare ;)

or WWII Warfare.

or US/Mexican war Warfare.

or Colombia/Vietnam/Iraq and God only know what war-Warfare ;)

with several emphasis on war economics, logistics, strategy, planning and role-playing-alike personal customization[who said that RPG and wargames cannon co-exist ? :]

kinda like to see something like Warfare in future/space.

kinda like Carrier Command but on Arma2 engine/perspective.

or Medieval Warfare ;)

or WWII Warfare.

or US/Mexican war Warfare.

or Colombia/Vietnam/Iraq and God only know what war-Warfare ;)

with several emphasis on war economics, logistics, strategy, planning and role-playing-alike personal customization[who said that RPG and wargames cannon co-exist ? :]

3/4 RTS Layer

Not sure if this is related or not, but I was spectating after getting fragged on a no-respawn HC Teamplay server, and I used Free Camera to watch the battle from a 3/4 perspective. It was then that I realized how cool it would be if a Company of Heroes or Command and Conquer type of game play layer was added - control of resource points in cities/towns/airfields, selecting entire squads and ordering them around, zooming all around the map from a birds eye view. It seems like much of the capability is already there in the engine, would just need to camera angles, a ton of new GUI elements tailored for that gameplay, PIP camera functionality, and whatever else have you. Best of all, like what I've seen of Carrier Command, and in a few other RTS/FPS hybrids, you could still zoom in and take control of any live unit.

If anyone is working on it or is interested in working on it let me know, I think the idea has potential for a totally new form of gameplay. While I'm intermediate with scripting, I am an interactive designer by trade and could produce the GUI with ease.

3/4 RTS Layer

Not sure if this is related or not, but I was spectating after getting fragged on a no-respawn HC Teamplay server, and I used Free Camera to watch the battle from a 3/4 perspective. It was then that I realized how cool it would be if a Company of Heroes or Command and Conquer type of game play layer was added - control of resource points in cities/towns/airfields, selecting entire squads and ordering them around, zooming all around the map from a birds eye view. It seems like much of the capability is already there in the engine, would just need to camera angles, a ton of new GUI elements tailored for that gameplay, PIP camera functionality, and whatever else have you. Best of all, like what I've seen of Carrier Command, and in a few other RTS/FPS hybrids, you could still zoom in and take control of any live unit.

If anyone is working on it or is interested in working on it let me know, I think the idea has potential for a totally new form of gameplay. While I'm intermediate with scripting, I am an interactive designer by trade and could produce the GUI with ease.

This? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?120151-MBG-Window-of-opportunity Windows of Opportunity addon by Mondkalb.

yeah, something like that[but http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129003-HETMAN-Artificial-Commander/page92 even better :P].

built atop of that, to be exact, thanks.

ie Theatre of Area/Island-scale AI, not battlefield/region-scale AI.

heavily driven by reasons, usually lie belong/above/behind military actions/situations/events/wars, in real-life.

ie, introduce politics [but probably postpone implementing "democracy" to later builds] and impact of civilians on militay. even physically-absent or ambient[like zombies in DayZ]ones would b enough.

newspaper add-on, espionage agency units/tools pack, UN feats update for introducing intercommunicating of such add-on/mod-hosted servers, between them, aswell as players on them[sadly, moving BETWEEN servers seems, limited by engine. or it could b re-written too ? ;]

p.s.

sorry for not answering/commenting to it.

already filled http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?74039-Arma-2-Addon-request-thread&p=2197114&viewfull=1#post2197114 similar feature/add-on request in different[more approapriate, as im supposed, iinitially]part of forum :)

Edited by BasileyOne

Oh wow, awesome, I had a feeling someone would have seen the potential, surprised I'd never seen this before but the BI forums are just filled with little hidden surprises. Thanks for bringing this to my attn!

Oh wow, awesome, I had a feeling someone would have seen the potential, surprised I'd never seen this before but the BI forums are just filled with little hidden surprises. Thanks for bringing this to my attn!

its only lack another developer to keep working on it, as long as creator, seems little too busy for it.

also would be nice to backport "certain specific script commands"-related/similar-features into it to ensure Arma2 vanilla compatibility too.

Oh damn. It's such a shame that it's almost impossible to find really original missions like this one among everything submitted to the forums.

I really enjoy it when developers try something completely different.

Oh damn. It's such a shame that it's almost impossible to find really original missions like this one among everything submitted to the forums.

I really enjoy it when developers try something completely different.

Really? Then why did you try to cram my mission into your box of rules?

I would like a coop map

Simple and plain, all veichle for freeroaming in chernus map. Not like the ARMAX, where I need to go inside a mission / challenge to be able to try it out.

I cant seem to find any 'user mission' like that.

If anyone would do me the honor to create a chernus map where I'm able to respawn and send it to me So I could edit in veichles and stuff.

I would then be forever grateful of his/her 's action

thanks

Edited by Saetheer

Request- A mission that involves 1-2 towns, and a large enemy force (any country really)

but you take place as a civilian force/some kind of underdog, whom has short supplies, but enough ammo and such to at least try to defend the town.

I.e. Enemy has tanks, vehicles, tons of troops.

City has a few hundred themselves, and have the cover of a city to defend themselves at least a little. I think it could make for a fun game

Also- AI based, i wouldnt dare try to find enough players to do something like this.

Ive always liked things like this.

If anyone has any time to do this i would be eternally in your debt!

Request- A mission that involves 1-2 towns, and a large enemy force (any country really)

but you take place as a civilian force/some kind of underdog, whom has short supplies, but enough ammo and such to at least try to defend the town.

I.e. Enemy has tanks, vehicles, tons of troops.

City has a few hundred themselves, and have the cover of a city to defend themselves at least a little. I think it could make for a fun game

Also- AI based, i wouldnt dare try to find enough players to do something like this.

Ive always liked things like this.

If anyone has any time to do this i would be eternally in your debt!

How many AIs are you thinking of o_O you can support them right? Would be pretty CPU intensive.

How many AIs are you thinking of o_O you can support them right? Would be pretty CPU intensive.

it doesnt have to be an INSANE amount of AI's,

But Yeah, i can

Ive played quickly slapped together Scenarios with 600+ AI.

kinda an all out-war random slaughter fest really..not much point to them

But it is doable, and i can definitely support them.