Sign in to follow this  
Gamerz

[Island] NG-Studio present "Isola di Capraïa"

One of the best maps for ArmA2/OA to date! Amazing job!

Please modify the floating airbase, I have some problems with the AI runing into the sea in the helicopter plataforms, and maybe some flat areas to stablish a FOB. thx!

This island is just so beautiful, it's like running around in a Van Gogh painting. Magnificent work devs, thank you very much.

Crisp, detailed, well thought and executed.

A definite winner!

ok, going back to flying around above it; it's just too beautiful...:rolleyes:

Thank's to all ! Your comments are true Christmas's gifts for our team !

A special thank's to Oldbear for report this news to Armed Assault Info

And thank's to PvpScene ;) you know why ^^

---------Because i've a poor english, the next in french sorry----------

Nous avons constaté que le pack "Bikey & Bisigns" est non fonctionnel, nous avons corrigé en interne le problème et metterons a disposition un patch correctif dans le courant janvier.

Ce que nous allons tenter de régler pour le patch 1.1 :

- Pack "bisign & Bikey" fonctionnel Done

- La frégate sera retiré Done

- Corrections d'implantation de certains objets Done

- Corrections sur la base flottante pour les AI Done

- Allègement de certaine forêt pour une + grande fluidité

- Rajouts d'objets aux alentours de Capraia et de certains villages pour permettre de faciliter les assauts d'infanteries

------------

Si vous voyez d'autres choses à modifier, n'hésitez pas...

Edited by Gamerz

merci beaucoup! J'attends la mise à jour

hope this is not a bad translation :p

merci beaucoup! J'attends la mise à jour

hope this is not a bad translation :p

It's correct ;) You are in wait of the next update :bounce3:

Most realistic-looking island I've seen for ArmA 2, I think.

I feel like I'm in the movie "The American".

The lay of the terrain and the lay-out of the towns will lend themselves to some crazy battles!

This island needs a Clint Eastwood addon, complete with poncho. Also some Mafiosos!

So if anybody is interested, we play coops almost every evening between 19:00-24:00 cet on this http://thegamewardens.net/gamemonitor/?s=7 server..

when i got it right, there should be a TFor Version with mando missile available for this map tonight. So if anybody is interested, join the server and we play.

we also use ACRE..

cheers lads

Not only did I create a CFOR for this map like Rudy said, but I did a CTI (Gossamer's Warfare using Mando Missile) too.

You can find that on TGW Public Server #1.

Big thanks to Gamerz for such an awesome map.

Edited by BigMorgan

This is an absolutely wonderful looking island. You've made a really great piece of terrain here. I finally got around to giving it a try and was surprised at how organic it felt. I usually only keep new islands if they can make me feel like it is a real place. The way the land flows, the hills and valleys, the way the roads follow the terrain. You really did a great job here.

My only real complaints are how difficult it is to get AI to drive around here…but that is because the AIs in ArmA 2 need to go back to driver's ed. So that's no fault of yours. The only other problem…where are the missions? I've searched all over the place and there are virtually no missions for this wonderful islands. :(

I really hope that more people will give this island a try and find it worth the effort to create some nice SP & MP missions for it.

^_^,v,,

Both the bisign+bikeys included in the original release as well as in the hotfix are invalid;

NGS_.bikey

objets_idc.pbo.NGS_.bicreatekey.bisign

capraia.pbo.NGS_.bicreatekey.bisign

This should be the syntax:

dsCreatekey NGS

dsSignFile NGS.biprivatekey objets_idc.pbo

dsSignFile NGS.biprivatekey capraia.pbo

with the resulting files:

NGS.bikey

objets_idc.pbo.NGS.bisign

capraia.pbo.NGS.bisign

I wish, I wish my computer was more powerful. I want to fight my way up one of those densely-wooded mountain spurs in the middle of the night.

This island is really impressive, reminds me of Malden, I just wish the ground texture was sharper.

Just started really making a mission on this map....

WoW, great job to all had a part in this one!

I really like that its not just desert or woodland, or urban, its all 3 :D

The Man made airfield's pretty cool also, I like that its set at a distance from everything else, helps getting the timing down for air attacks a little easier, fer me anywhoz.

Fun map, good work!

we just played on capraia for the first time and it ROCKS - great work mate. try our evolution mission see how it goes - makes the fighting intense to say the least.

Excellent map!! The only thing is it is not very AI friendly. As you move tpwards certain towns, the AI in squad refuse to move which is really due to poor game AI path finding when it comes to narrow pathways.

Other than that great map.

This island is really impressive, reminds me of Malden, I just wish the ground texture was sharper.

I agree. It'd be nice to see a higher-res satmap used next update, with more attention to detail re: clutter and sat map matching.

I agree this island has a great potential and reminds me of mediterranean islands :).