Sign in to follow this  
Gamerz

[Island] NG-Studio present "Isola di Capraïa"

This island is full of details and great locations. The Mediterranean atmosphere is awesome. This map is of high quality and is one of the best released for ArmA 2.

Well done!

in short

10/10

in long

realistic, natual, well design, extremely skilled, life like, best island mod of the year, great preformence, great to play on, won't get totally obscure by tree, totally playable at any location, stunning view, pro level taxture, never feel overly cramp because fitted in too many town, well balance, pc friendly, has the character like no other, awesome terrain more and lot more....... sory i m out of word now....

lets play n enjoy the fruit of ur team hard work, time and effort hav put into it. BIG BIG BIG thank you to ur team.

Edited by j rock

This map is of high quality and is one of the best released for ArmA 2

I agree. Besides that, it reminds me of Sahrani - Very nice atmosphere !

Revlim

Whoaw, J Rock what enthusiasm, it's good, thank you!

I tried to translate your comments, but sometimes I must admit I did not understood everything !

I'll answer those that I understood.

Then I realized that you really loved the SAT texture, all credits go to my friend Nanucq who made a long and tedious work on those images, he has anticipated a lot of things to have a high quality visual like the disappearance of roads to a certain distance, the seabed that have been very slow to adapt.

With regard to the towns and villages, the island has only one city, Capraia, but we have implemented several villages while trying to incorporate them with the island's scheme.

Capraia:

Capraia City was built 2 times, I wanted a larger city, with all buildings fully usable, so i made the choice of Arma1 and OA opened buildings. These buildings make the game less fluid due to the number of parameters and textures contained in the *. P3D, which has therefore limited in size. We could not change too much relief, because it would have tempered the aspect we wanted to keep realistic.

With regard to military camps, we have included a training camp, and a deposit, which is ample for the size of the island (not Pearl Harbor), it says you have two castles that can be arranged by mission makers such as military zones.

Concerning the aerodrome, it is deliberately not connected to the island, we did not want to start creating an airfield on this island, but early in the design, it was noted that users could take choice to make airdrops at C-130, so we decided to create it. Personally, I love small tracks in the mountains and landed on it with an An-2 for example.

I think with a little imagination, mission makers can create big event.

I understand that there are things that do not suit everyone, I hope all of you even spend a great time on this island, you will do good screenshots and videos on it!

Thank you again for all the comments, they will help us for another project of this kind.

I want to add a special thanks to Nanucq who found time to work on two quality projects at the same time, R3F_Armes and Isola di Capraia.

Good game everyone!

--------EDIT---------

Special thanks to author of :

- Roads painter tools

- Arma 2 World tools

- Team Dev-Heaven

- All tutorial's authors

Edited by Gamerz

Absolutely amazing map! It shows the devotion the team have put into making it and I have to say that It's the most realistic looking Island I've ever seen in ARMA2, I hope to see many more maps like this in the future!

Beautiful island with a lot of personnality. Just great enough to drive in to discover the place.

I installed from the archive on armaholic

it wont run with this addon my ARMA2 crashes immediately

If I disable the island it is normal again

I'm going to go ahead and start work on a campaign for this island, hopefully it goes well. :]

The Skins of your MH-60 is great for this map Wastelander ;) Thank's for the video !

-------------------------

Remember :

This Map need to be used with Arma 2 Combined operation !!

it was removed :(

Edited by Gamerz

The author have changed the video's property in "private" ! I don't know why.

Edited by Gamerz

I finally got a chance to look around. I must say its a really well done map.

One of the local exports would have to be wine :)

Good work.

Good Morning,

this is a fantastic island! you can nearly smell the pines.

one of the best islands for ArmA2 !! thank you so much for it!

greetz

I think you need to fix that one mansion. The fence goes down right into the depths of the sea, copy pasted trees are all along it and there is very much emptiness inside.

This map needs a little bit of work then it will be even better

We take into account all your comments, some minor problems were discovered and will be corrected in a future version.

Continue to send us your comments.

We wish you all a happy Christmas and New years.

Awesome.jpg

And because its just sooooo so good ... I give another 1.

Awesome.jpg

As you might guess, I'm very impressed by this terrain. Great realistic detail, interesting landscape and layout.

If you were considering change, my only request would be a few more urban objects for around some of the towns/villages. They dont quite look lived-in as they are.

But either way, this is a very special island!

Great Job. Thanks to all involved.