Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

I wasn't aware because I was an I44 member I wasn't allowed to post in another mods forum posts, but apparently we're not so I won't bother trying to provide any advice from my experience with mods in the future after this message. The only people seeming to make an issue between the mods seems to be FoW.

If you're talking about JdB's comment he left I44 a while ago so can say what he likes, his point is relevant and merely an example of the same issue happening in the past due to a lack of research into work being published.

While the I44 members that have posted here other than myself have made no attempt to attack or accuse the FoW team of anything.

The only reason I posted here myself is because this is one of several mods that interest me and think more attention needs to be paid to what is being published by the team so you don't get the same issue again and again.

Rip posted

I don't compare our mod to others. I don't think our mod is above anyone elses. I am not worried about how many people will use it. Maybe the same mentaility should be shared community wide and then, maybe then we could all get along.

and then to respond with

stop complaining like a bunch of whining children and get out and go play on all those servers running INV44

Perhaps you should take your own advice and try and be less hostile towards others even if gasp they should be a member of another world war 2 mod team. I never had any personal hostility towards 31st, hell I even asked why we weren't one big team when I joined I44 and now to see this thread turning on our mod because a few of our members dared to post here, I'll let you guys keep carrying the hostility torch, try not to burn your fingers.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and try and be less hostile towards others even if gasp they should be a member of another world war 2 mod team. I never had any personal hostility towards 31st, hell I even asked why we weren't one big team when I joined I44 and now to see this thread turning on our mod because a few of our members dared to post here, I'll let you guys keep carrying the hostility torch, try not to burn your fingers.

Don't take that personally. I think Rip only referred those who are here for ranting only.

Why we are not combined? Well we have had some different opinions on things in the past.

@ Max Power: Please take into consideration that the cromwell was never intended to be released within this mod or anywhere else. Posting that picture happened by mistake.

@ PacUk: Of course you are alowed to post here... anybody is. As long as the posts are constructive and not prejudiced. But what is striking is the fact that Jojimbo and JDB wrote in a very implicating manner and kind of accused us of stealing others property " like we always do of course". That is not the good way of dealing with each other.

Obviously you are not this hostile and i hope it will stay like this.

I personally would like much more cooperation between the ww2 Mods but that belongs to the land of dreams i think.

peace....

I wasn't aware because I was an I44 member I wasn't allowed to post in another mods forum posts, but apparently we're not so I won't bother trying to provide any advice from my experience with mods in the future after this message. The only people seeming to make an issue between the mods seems to be FoW.

If you're talking about JdB's comment he left I44 a while ago so can say what he likes, his point is relevant and merely an example of the same issue happening in the past due to a lack of research into work being published.

While the I44 members that have posted here other than myself have made no attempt to attack or accuse the FoW team of anything.

The only reason I posted here myself is because this is one of several mods that interest me and think more attention needs to be paid to what is being published by the team so you don't get the same issue again and again.

Rip posted

and then to respond with

The only possible hostility I see are people worried about what others are doing. That would be you. You guys are in my thread from another mod. It is what it is.

What's up with all the childish analogies..."hostility torch, try not to burn your fingers"

Please, its a video game for crying out loud.

Sheesh.

Canuk came to me on msn and offered to do our penetration table. That is the only person from I44 that contacted me personally. All the rest of you guys have acted like you have some top secret operation from what others have told me. I could really care less. They tell me your mod thinks they are superior to everyone else. Who the frick cares.

Its a game, get over it, deal with it. We are adults here.

The 31st Normandy mod has been like many other mods one of those that stuck in peoples minds after they played it. Guys, I know I will more than likely get moaned at for saying this, but why is one simple silly mistake bringing down a mod like this? Can you not just face the facts that this was nothing more than a silly mistake that has been blown excessively out of proportion?

C'mon guys, where is the old community spirit? :(

Well...

we are still alive and kicking...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEkI3zBQztg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEkI3zBQztg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

just a little wip video...

sorry to see you gents having trouble. I hope you can work out your issues. This mod has always been one of my favorites.

Rip, did you get my PM about those artillery pieces? let me know if you would liek to have them. I will gladly supply.

The 31st Normandy mod has been like many other mods one of those that stuck in peoples minds after they played it. Guys, I know I will more than likely get moaned at for saying this, but why is one simple silly mistake bringing down a mod like this? Can you not just face the facts that this was nothing more than a silly mistake that has been blown excessively out of proportion?

C'mon guys, where is the old community spirit? :(

doesn't matter who or what imo. If someone stole things from my addon then i'm gona make a fuss about it in public , people deserve to know who did it and he who did it should not get away with it. I'm still rather confused on the situation here so I won't make a comment specific to this issue.

It's a shame members have left , but I do hope the addon continues. I really love this addon, and WWII in general. Looking forward to it ;)

Love those cliffs/sandbags Beton!

All I read in this thread was

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaa It has same texture as another mod for another game"

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaa Im leaving over this, plz act u care"

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaa Some random bull shit about Invasion 44"

The Normandy beaches in that video looks more detailed then the Invasion 44 map.

All I read in this thread was

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaa It has same texture as another mod for another game"

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaa Im leaving over this, plz act u care"

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaa Some random bull shit about Invasion 44"

The Normandy beaches in that video looks more detailed then the Invasion 44 map.

it's definately thinking like yours that leads to the trouble.

Can we please get back on topic.

Rip check your PMs

The Cromwell Was never meant for release.

As i and many people have said.

It was the screen that was posted for reference to how a detailed texture makes a massive difference to a model.

anyways.

Forward and not one step back from now on.

just a little wip video...

:bounce3: Can already imagine how crowded these trenches could become, or how useful a hand to hand combat system would be for immersion.

Yes! Those are awesome trenches. I hope we can figure out some new anims for hand to hand combat.

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

You're quite fortunate to have such caring and perceptive people looking out for you, Rip31st. If this 'render mistake' was to get published in mod form before it was noticed, there may have been consequences. Here is the deal: We have a community that cares about the rights of creative people. If you can't handle people piping up when you post screenshots of others peoples' work without their knowledge or permission and claim it's your own work... find a different community? I don't quite what advice to give here. This is a discussion forum, after all. From what I see, the people who brought this up weren't even being jerks about it.

Im sure I can appreciate this. I ask anyone that contributes to be honest and we try to police within the group. On our own message board it was said by troc that is was for his own private use. The image being posted here with a unapproved logo from our mod was a mistake.

The logo wasn't even discussed before being placed here, and the image most certainly was the error of Enigma which was totally wrong.

Edited by Rip31st

Well, I dont think anybody has lost their lives here yet. No need for the judge, jury, and prosecution to get too distressed.

I'm sure this can be smoothed over in an adult like fashion.

Fantastic looking beach defences there - I hope all this doesn't ruin any future releases.

:j:

Will Beton's fantastic terrain be featured in the Rip31st's island or as it's own island? Outstanding work, I must say!

Will Beton's fantastic terrain be featured in the Rip31st's island or as it's own island? Outstanding work, I must say!

Beton has Omaha, which fits perfectly to scale in my map as well, so we are both using it. The difference is I am using some custom foilage I have created and I have moved around some obstacles and cliffs.

Here is the original import so you can see the gravity. It's much different now, this was weeks ago, there is a lot more to the Normandy map then what you see here:

Betons entire map fitting into the normandy map:

betons_omaha.jpg

WIP King Tiger is here; 3d by me, unwrap and textures by Wax.

All of pics are > 100

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/272/kingtiger.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7228/kingtiger2.jpg

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1434/kingtiger3.jpg

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9530/kingtiger4.jpg

Little scene from 3dmax for extra content;

http://a.imageshack.us/img237/5329/tigerii.jpg

You guys have to wait some more for Sturmtiger and JagdTiger. Its all on the way.

WIP King Tiger is here; 3d by me, unwrap and textures by Wax.

All of pics are > 100

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/272/kingtiger.jpg

Looks good but the front plate looks off. It's too small and the bottom plate is too long and at the wrong angle.

check these links

http://preservedtanks.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KingTigerPatton.jpg

http://www.peachmountain.com/5star/Museum_Tanks_Musee_des_Blindes_Saumur_King_Tiger_Tank.aspx

Sorry for the criticism.

I made it same as with blueprint. But bottom plate is little by myself, because angle of blueprint wont let me to see bottom plate.. Not a big deal, can fix it easly. Also turret was mix of henschel and porsche versions. It also fixed a half hour ago. These renders little old. Let me know any mistakes you seen and i make it fix. Thanks for your comment!

Yes it was like this topas. Theres a camber of commander extension. Thats why left side look like leaning to the right.

Kewl, Another example of how working on a mod (or even looking at someone working on one) can expand your knowledge ;)

Thx :)

invasion 44 mod and FoW are the two most important and massive mods i saw in 2 years of arma2. i think should combine into a giant mod or at least split up the roles. would be a dream come true for us gamers.However, I know already that it is difficult / impossible,but "unity is strength"

By WW2 games fan!:o

ps you are making a great work :p