Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Well your wish is granted, all has been enabled now - assuming I have the way TIR works properly scripted.

That was quick... FedEx says overnight so if you need help testing it let me know.

Sounds like a great idea! Ive been wanting to bug a trackIR for quite a while, but sadly after buying new goalie pads, my funds are kind of limited

Did not know you could sit on the side of a cobra :D....this is NOT what I need to learn right now...better get my head back in the computer maths books :p

I think it's an Agusta Mangusta, unless you're talking about something else. The only reason I raise the issue is that I don't see a pic of someone riding on the outside of a cobra but it would interest me to see one :)

I think it's an Agusta Mangusta, unless you're talking about something else. The only reason I raise the issue is that I don't see a pic of someone riding on the outside of a cobra but it would interest me to see one :)

I've heard of a couple of different ones with a cobra, one something about a downed Israeli F-4 pilot being lifted by grabbing into the skid, another of soldiers holding onto the wing stubs (sounds a little far fetched) and the following photos being from early Afghanistan of SF operators sitting on the side on what looks to be a compartment hatch? :S to be lifted down a mountain to prevent Taliban fighters from escaping.

aad.jpg

aab.jpg

aag.jpg

That's kidn of neat. They sit on the access doors. I wonder anyone has done such a thing with the single engined ones... But I guess we shouldn't get too OT. Thanks for the photos.

Single engine AH-1s have to do it like this:

ah1pilotrescuework2hk7.jpg

:p

Hahaha, yeah, that's sort of how I pictured it... although, conveniently, they have all kinds of weird eye-rings under the wingroots. Maybe you could just tie yourself in.

Hi guys in regards to the emergency search and rescue scenario seating I'm 99% sure they just sit on the stub wing with a harness, by the way this looks amazing.

Hi guys in regards to the emergency search and rescue scenario seating I'm 99% sure they just sit on the stub wing with a harness, by the way this looks amazing.

Nope, A nylon strap and carabiner around the chest attached to the grab handle,

2004110501b.jpg

2004110501c.jpg

Maybe so for other aircraft but not for the Apache/Cobra.

Plus i doubt it would be safe for the passenger if a missile had to be fired in a emergency nor for the stubs structure it self.

lol I can imagine that.

"uh bob..I hate to tell you this but the hellfire youre in front of is our last one and we need to use it"

lol I can imagine that.

"uh bob..I hate to tell you this but the hellfire youre in front of is our last one and we need to use it"

JlSQAZEp3PA

Obviously not, else there would be a thread in addons&mods:discussion; or at least a download link in the first post....

Obviously not, else there would be a thread in addons&mods:discussion; or at least a download link in the first post....

I've almost suffered a heart attack twice now when my eyes tricked me into thinking the last post on the addons & mods: complete section was made in this topic.

I have just seen Franze's post in the Take On Helicopters photography thread. Is this an unfair tease or what ;-)

Can't comment in that thread so I will say here and now - it looks lovely!

Nodunit has been away and I haven't had the time to implement a bunch of the new pages he gave me over the past weekend, but I got bored and decided to see if it would work in TKOH via Rearmed. It does and I can see a lot of potential there, but A2 still remains the priority at this stage. Still waiting on some texture and model revisions from Nod otherwise. :)

Well, it sure looks good - you might want to have a look at this thread if you already have not. People have figured out a way of getting the ToH flight model to work with Arma helicopters. Might be something you can look at when you have the bird flying in Arma.

For TKOH we'd like to be able to add the whole thing as a module without requiring any A2/OA content; this may be an unattainable goal but a worthy one I think. It already works pretty well (except for the part about some controls not translating over properly - can't use the key to turn on my FCR so the T-72s nail me with the main gun from 4km out) given the increased view distance, longer draw distance, and larger map sizes. It's really only a question of taking advantage of what TKOH's engine offers.

You will, it's taking some time but you will. We hadn't bumped the topic in a while not because the project is dead, but because we don't want to trickle things, and a few systems need to be reworked, as well as more tinkering and testing both visual and script, trying things even further in the theory department as it were.

Rest assured, if we bump the topic, we intend to release something, even if A3 is already released. There is no point in bumping a topic repeatedly a A2 WIP topic if you do not intend to release any of what you show into A2 afterall :).

Edited by NodUnit

Nodunit got me the new model + texes, so lets see how it looks in game!

ah64d_100812_1s.jpg

ah64d_100812_2s.jpg

ah64d_100812_3s.jpg

ah64d_100812_4s.jpg

ah64d_100812_7s.jpg

ah64d_100812_8s.jpg

ah64d_100812_9s.jpg

ah64d_100812_10s.jpg

ah64d_100812_11s.jpg

Bonus cockpit screens:

Cockpit 1

Cockpit 2

We're still moving ahead, even though it's not as fast as we (and probably a lot of you out there) would like.

Off a different tangent, I've noticed lately a lot of aspiring addon makers getting nipped in the bud because - for some reason - they don't want to admit that they are new to this whole modeling, texturing, scripting, and configuring thing. Folks, there is nothing wrong in admitting that you're new to this and still learning the ropes. Nobody just dove into this stuff and became an instant professional; we've all worked very hard to get where we are. We've taken tons of flak along the way, ended up with projects in the trash bin, and have huge archives of unfinished work. Just because we did things in a certain way doesn't mean everyone else has to follow that same model. If you want to use a model from a 3d modeling site out there, do so! You don't have to reinvent the wheel each time you load up O2. It's OK to admit that you'd rather start with a finished product rather than from scratch.

The problem comes down when you don't give proper attributions and/or sources for the content, in addition to permission to use the content. Either through omission or falsely claiming you made it, nothing galls the rest of us more than dishonesty. Your word is who you are, especially in this virtual world where we don't even meet face to face. Don't let the 'gimme gimme i dont care who made it' crowd influence you; they are not an indicator of our core community values. Other communities may have no problem acting like spoiled little children whining for their favorite toy - we hold ourselves to a higher standard here. It is more difficult to lie than it is to be honest.

Nodunit got me the new model + texes, so lets see how it looks in game!

We're still moving ahead, even though it's not as fast as we (and probably a lot of you out there) would like.

great work franze and nod!

Off a different tangent, I've noticed lately a lot of aspiring addon makers getting nipped in the bud because - for some reason - they don't want to admit that they are new to this whole modeling, texturing, scripting, and configuring thing. Folks, there is nothing wrong in admitting that you're new to this and still learning the ropes. Nobody just dove into this stuff and became an instant professional; we've all worked very hard to get where we are. We've taken tons of flak along the way, ended up with projects in the trash bin, and have huge archives of unfinished work. Just because we did things in a certain way doesn't mean everyone else has to follow that same model. If you want to use a model from a 3d modeling site out there, do so! You don't have to reinvent the wheel each time you load up O2. It's OK to admit that you'd rather start with a finished product rather than from scratch.

The problem comes down when you don't give proper attributions and/or sources for the content, in addition to permission to use the content. Either through omission or falsely claiming you made it, nothing galls the rest of us more than dishonesty. Your word is who you are, especially in this virtual world where we don't even meet face to face. Don't let the 'gimme gimme i dont care who made it' crowd influence you; they are not an indicator of our core community values. Other communities may have no problem acting like spoiled little children whining for their favorite toy - we hold ourselves to a higher standard here. It is more difficult to lie than it is to be honest.

nicely put ^^