Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Excellent, so i assume you're just using the topography command to get the maps?

Not aware of any topography command, right now we're simply working by putting together images in the editor or via other means.

hey if your looking for a person to collaborate with for making h-60s I know that yurapetrov has almost finished his: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131380-Blackhawks-by-YuraPetrov/page21

yurapetrov's excellent UH-60s were a subject I was going to bring up, although I admit to not really investigating them that much. At this point in time anything is on the table, the H-60 series is just one of many.

Not aware of any topography command, right now we're simply working by putting together images in the editor or via other means.

while in-game hit Shift+Minus (Numpad) and type 'topography' you get a saved file in .emf (viewable in paint) like this (converted to PNG):

http://i.imgur.com/BNz9Q.jpg

i would convert more but for a map the size of takistan its about 19mb in PNG >_>

Ah, nice to know. Just put together images from the editor, short term solution. That will make it easier for folks working with custom maps.

Anyways, a demo video as promised - sorry for the length and difficulty in getting full focus on the display, was flying as I usually do - no script and occasionally glance down!

Ah, nice to know. Just put together images from the editor, short term solution. That will make it easier for folks working with custom maps.

Anyways, a demo video as promised - sorry for the length and difficulty in getting full focus on the display, was flying as I usually do - no script and occasionally glance down!

Great feature! Is there also a VFR map available in the display? like this one: http://www.arma2.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/takistan.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/6sZAd.jpg

Makes it easyer to identify the mountains and valleys and possible great routes to hide from things.

Edited by VXR

Eventually yes, with the system in place, we can use foundation features, countours, height, any type of map we want, it just has to be painted up first then added to the set. If you don't mind me asking, who made that map, was it you?

woow bis cant meet up with your standards, truly amazing. :)

tell me wat dimensions those maps should be and ill provide one of fayshkhabur if u want.

i have some great idea's how to get hight reference into the satalite image.

So as long as the image is squared, it will work with anything from 1x1 to 4096x4096 and beyond. The limit is primarily on the zoom scale, in which we can only get a 1km zoom on maps up to 40x40km in size.

woow bis cant meet up with your standards, truly amazing. :)

tell me wat dimensions those maps should be and ill provide one of fayshkhabur if u want.

i have some great idea's how to get hight reference into the satalite image.

Please do share with us these ideas, I have to get Utes, Chernarus and maybe Takistan's height data and to be honest I'm not sure where to start, we'd like to hear if you're willing to share.

@franze

i have the original image 40960x40960 (+- 6gb).

ill try and make one in the size i used for the island itself wich is 20480x20480 scale = 1:10

u can always resize it yourself if that is to big (564mb).

for the original island u need the exact coordinates and cross fingers bis didnt rescale the hights, that is if the islands are actual and not fictional.

this looks phenomenal. Will you be able to slave the TADS to the pilots helmet? Also I'm assuming you can see the TADS pictures on one of the MPDs when selected? Just curious because in case your gunner dies...still wanna be able to use HF missiles, especially with an aircraft that has no MMA. Thats one thing that really lacks in the BIS one (with ACE)...is the inability to lase targets without a human gunner....AI doesn't know how to use the laser correctly. As far as single player goes you're virtually forced to use RF missiles...especially when you wanna stay masked behind cover and use the HF flight modes properly

@franze

i have the original image 40960x40960 (+- 6gb).

ill try and make one in the size i used for the island itself wich is 20480x20480 scale = 1:10

u can always resize it yourself if that is to big (564mb).

for the original island u need the exact coordinates and cross fingers bis didnt rescale the hights, that is if the islands are actual and not fictional.

a 20480 or 40960 image on the display might be brutal for your video card on the display; so far we've worked with 2048x2048 images (Chernarus and Takistan) and 1024x1024 (Utes).

this looks phenomenal. Will you be able to slave the TADS to the pilots helmet? Also I'm assuming you can see the TADS pictures on one of the MPDs when selected? Just curious because in case your gunner dies...still wanna be able to use HF missiles, especially with an aircraft that has no MMA. Thats one thing that really lacks in the BIS one (with ACE)...is the inability to lase targets without a human gunner....AI doesn't know how to use the laser correctly. As far as single player goes you're virtually forced to use RF missiles...especially when you wanna stay masked behind cover and use the HF flight modes properly

Well IRL the pilot can't use TADS as a targeting sensor - he can view the information from TADS and use it as a NVS but only the CPG can control the sight for targeting purposes. Pilot can only use HMD and FCR as an acquisition source.

We also don't have picture in picture for ArmA2 so we won't be able to view TADS imagery the classic way, although we will likely be able to view the 'data' in a different format (more on this in the future).

a 20480 or 40960 image on the display might be brutal for your video card on the display; so far we've worked with 2048x2048 images (Chernarus and Takistan) and 1024x1024 (Utes).

Well IRL the pilot can't use TADS as a targeting sensor - he can view the information from TADS and use it as a NVS but only the CPG can control the sight for targeting purposes. Pilot can only use HMD and FCR as an acquisition source.

We also don't have picture in picture for ArmA2 so we won't be able to view TADS imagery the classic way, although we will likely be able to view the 'data' in a different format (more on this in the future).

oh yeah true, thats a good point. slight brain fart on my end. PNVS and the gun are the only things the pilot can really slave to his helmet.

i might make two 4096x4096 and 2048x2048 so u can choose wat fits best, keep in mind the map is just as big as sharani

ok im off, editing..

i might make two 4096x4096 and 2048x2048 so u can choose wat fits best, keep in mind the map is just as big as sharani

ok im off, editing..

Sahrani was something to the tune of 20x20km so it will fit within the default parameters well. 2048 image size seems to work decently for maximum zoom on the display but we haven't tried anything larger yet.

Also, quick word on map images: the lower left hand corner of the image must be the map's [0,0,0] coordinates as that's where our zero point is on the object.

ive used the sat_lco as source to prevent the image from being off 10 pixels, as visitor 3 would have caused just that.

and alligned the rest of the templates to that image.

Well between all the various upgrades I suppose it was inevitable... but damnit that means I can't use the excuse of AH-64E being a bridging gap in how the C was to the D, with the F being the far future variant so advanced it carries an F-35 style display!

But yeah why not, if it sticks, I'm a bit surprised though since there is a LOT that goes on behind a name change for the military, maybe they are trying to further solidify the different between Block II plus and Block III.

I like the idea of having it called AH-64E, with the timeline of Arrowhead being as far forward as 2014-15 with PMC, it would kinda suit.

It kind of does..and I guess the AH-64F will work nicely in Arma 3, though the "echo" will have to take a back seat for now at any rate, we're still working on fleshing out the delta.

Edited by NodUnit

US Army just announced plans to change the designation of the current AH-64D Block III's to AH64E, will you guys be reflecting this change? I know it's not much but still

http://defense.aol.com/2012/10/22/army-loves-ah-64d-block-iii-enough-to-call-it-easy-will-taliban/

a high-level Pentagon committee, approved full rate production in August. The Army, which plans to buy 690 AH-64Es,

O_O

And Australia only has 22 Attack/Recon Helos...

You think that is crazy? That count, if all brand new (unlikely) would boost our air fleet to over one thousand apache's easily, which is mind bending when you consider they cost around 20 million for the bird, 2 million in weaponry, and 40-60 thousand per flight hour and tens of thousands in replacement parts...that is a loooot of money. Oh yes and let us not forget the cost to train pilots over several years.

And our birds fly a LOT http://verticalmag.com/news/articles/21464-u-s-army-apaches-pass-3-5-million-flight-hours.html

AH-64E really boosts teamwork to an insane new level, in fact we can't really make the best use of it in Arma 2, in comparison to the delta, it would just have extra gadgets in the cockpits and the ability to interface with UAV's, in TKOH Rearmed it's a whooole other story.

For example, not only can you control and hand off UAV's to those equipped but you can see what the other pilot see's and even what other apache's see with the right equipment. Oh but TKOH is going to be a whole beast of it's own... probably shouldn't say much on that though.

Edited by NodUnit

Would it not be a upgrade to a current D model? So take a D into a factory, strip it down and add in the parts to make her an E then roll it back out? (sounded a bit like boobies :p ) Rather then a whole new airframe

EDIT: Oh 22 attack helicopters is nothing, I don't think we've even had 22 in total..of any aircraft

Edited by Slatts

Pretty much astrashastra.blogspot.com/2012_06_01_archive.html I doubt the rest of the world is as obsessed with acquiring these things as we are, we probably look upon our fleet as either a massive money sink or a great attribute while the rest of the world see's that and thinks "Damn US, you crazy"

I figure this is just showing off at an expo but does anyone have any info on the possibility of equipment seen at 0:38 and 0:43?

above CPG's satcom and where the pilots standby instruments are. Edited by NodUnit