Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Seeing you're knowlageable on the AH-64, are wingtip hardpoints still on the 'D'?

i recall seeing video of 2xStinger pods mounted on the wingtips but no photos seem to show it and they also weren't on the D model.

So to follow on... planing on adding AIM-92's?

Stinger mounts are pretty much an impossibility IRL now on US AH-64s because there are CMWS sensors on the wingtips.

Stinger mounts are pretty much an impossibility IRL now on US AH-64s because there are CMWS sensors on the wingtips.

It's one area where we'll bend/flex the rules a bit for some instances, though naturally not everywhere:

ah64d_atas1.jpg

A BIF Moderator tried to show me proper way pointing me into this topic, but I have searched and found nothing here about self-extraction manouver, sadly.

So here's a link to my topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138638-Self-Extraction-Manouver-introduced-to-Arma2

I still find it off the reason why it's blocked, but what the heck.

As for the addon itself it is fully working modification of Red Hammer Studios Cargo System, but has to be released by RHS themselves in a near future I guess as this is their property. So I am not requesting any addons. It's already there and just wanted to show you this (with addon owner permission) so you can enjoy the beauty of flexibility of our loved Arma 2 game. Thank you.

And here's a short movie:

8g3parRcjKU&hd=1

A BIF Moderator tried to show me proper way pointing me into this topic, but I have searched and found nothing here about self-extraction manouver, sadly.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138638-Self-Extraction-Manouver-introduced-to-Arma2

As for the addon itself it is fully working modification of Red Hammer Studios Cargo System, but has to be released by RHS themselves in a near future I guess as this is their property. So I am not requesting any addons. It's already there and just wanted to show you this (with addon owner permission) so you can enjoy the beauty of flexibility of our loved Arma 2 game. Thank you.

I think i posted a comment a while ago on that, it's use is for extracting other downed Apache pilots (Apache's always work as groups) quickly rather than waiting for CSAR to turn up which can take hours and leave the crew's defenseless on the ground.

It basically uses a strap around the 'passanger' and through the grab handle the pilot uses to get into the cockpit, they don't just sit there magically.

To my knowledge its only been used once operationally for inserting soldiers and extracting a dead comrade during the battle of Jugeroom fort.

It's one area where we'll bend/flex the rules a bit for some instances, though naturally not everywhere:

http://www.mechmodels.com/mas/screenshots/a2/ah64d_atas1.jpg

Excellent, that was the pods i was thinking of :)

didn't know about the CMWS sensors though.

To my knowledge its only been used once operationally for inserting soldiers and extracting a dead comrade during the battle of Jugeroom fort.

Yea, I read about that, it was pretty intense.

It would be cool to have this feature added to the mod, I can't express how many times I've been able to do nothing but watch as friendlies died, too close for cannon support and CSAR too far out, the only solution involved me ditching my gunner and picking them up one by one... which is a horrible idea :)

And here's a short movie:

[ youtube]8g3parRcjKU&hd=1

My apologies, i've misinterpreted your thread. I've edited my post there, please take note of it. And also i thought to remember that Franze or NodUnit showed a vid with said emergency extraction method in this thread.

Yes, we've had this incorporated for some time since it was an original feature from the FP version we made many years ago.

Negative, it has been used several times in several different contexts. In Iraq it was notably used to extract some injured Kiowa pilots one time; another time used to ferry some troops across a river (no straps!)

Negative, it has been used several times in several different contexts. In Iraq it was notably used to extract some injured Kiowa pilots one time; another time used to ferry some troops across a river (no straps!)

yeesh, what a ride, interesting to know about that.

Here's one from 2007, includes a video in Afghanistan: http://helicoptertaxi.blogspot.com/2007/07/apache-pilots-daring-rescue-of-kiowa.html

This is one in 2004, Iraq and was the one I was referring to: http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=24921

There was another pic I saw several years ago that had 4-5 guys on the left EFAB being ferried across a river in Iraq but that wasn't an official image so I can't seem to dig it out now.

In the game we've used it several times in multiplayer scenarios (usually because Nodunit takes a golden BB to the transmission).

so you can sit on the side? :D (on this addon)

will this be implemented? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APKWS

APKWS soups up a standard unguided 70 millimeter rocket into a precision laser-guided one to give warfighters precision capability.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/08/16/navy-new-advanced-precision-kill-weapon-system-adds-laser-precision-to-ordinary/?intcmp=features

I saw one like that the other day, sure hope they keep the wheel brakes on haha! :D

will this be implemented? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APKWS

APKWS soups up a standard unguided 70 millimeter rocket into a precision laser-guided one to give warfighters precision capability.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/08/16/navy-new-advanced-precision-kill-weapon-system-adds-laser-precision-to-ordinary/?intcmp=features

Neither DAGR nor APKWS will be implemented currently because there's a schism in the Army over whether to get APKWS or DAGR. DAGR is favored by the active military and APKWS by the Guard. DAGR is a more expensive system requiring additional support and is employed on M299 rails rather than M260/M261 pods. Naturally this may be up for review later; we'd prefer APKWS due to easier implementation but don't want to make an assumption at this stage.

Hats off to those Boys! I jumped out of Airplanes for a Career in the Military and thought that was loud and intimidating. I can only imaging flying on the exterior of a Rotary Wing Aircraft! Hahahaha.

Did not know you could sit on the side of a cobra :D....this is NOT what I need to learn right now...better get my head back in the computer maths books :p

Franze's probably going to ban me for enthusiasm/Questions but.... :D

I recently got a Track IR 5 on order and i'm currently waiting for it and sending the convoy strike video to someone i know, i was just thinking of the PNVS sight and how the pilot can slave the cannon IRL and how you mentioned that you've added this in game, so, you think it would be possible for it to be done with your AH-64 and a TIR?

I know Myke was working on it with the default AH-1Z but i never saw it released:

something like that would be awesome but a add-action to disable and enable it would be awesome.

Actually, was just going to look into that. I don't have a TIR but I'm pretty sure I have the inputs in controls nailed down for it, so I'd try binding it to my throttle's ministick axis and see how it works. I suspect it would work better than the mechanism I have in place now, but not everyone has a TIR or similar head tracking device.

But a LOT, including myself, do. ;)

As long as the functionality is still there for those people that don't have it, I don't see a problem.

For the people that don't have it, it will have some issues when framerates are low; so those that do have it will have a huge advantage in both aiming the gun and using PNVS.

ETA: I'm assuming when TIR is used, you use the LookLeft/Right/Up/DownCont commands so that all the way left is 1, all the way right is 1, etc.? Because if so, that's how I have it setup with my ministick and that's what works.

Edited by Franze

For the people that don't have it, it will have some issues when framerates are low; so those that do have it will have a huge advantage in both aiming the gun and using PNVS.

maybe you should ask for a sponsorship/TIR discounts from naturalpoint for getting people to buy a TIR :D

Edit: Though there are going to be times when aiming down sight and such where precision maybe needed, that was why i mentioned having a option to disable/enable it at will.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Well your wish is granted, all has been enabled now - assuming I have the way TIR works properly scripted.