Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Hey guys, you've probably seen this already, but I managed to find this: LINK REMOVED

Its an operators manual for the AH64D. Big download: (75MB)

Hope it helps

[ BTW, happy 100 pages ;) ]

Edited by Max Power
possible security issue

There is a concern your link is to restricted information or is a military secret so I'm removing the link until we can investigate further.

Friendly reminder folks, just because a US Gov't document is unclassified doesn't mean that everyone & anyone is allowed to view it; they put "distribution [x]" on the front page for a reason. While I doubt this is a big deal, we don't want to get in trouble nor do we want others to get into trouble over a minor thing.

There is a concern your link is to restricted information or is a military secret so I'm removing the link until we can investigate further.

Fair enough. My bad, it didn't even cross my mind

Is it really a secret? I mean there's a button: "Share this: Twitter, Facebook, My Space, Stumble, Digg..."

Edit: Ah, nvm. It's some kind of whistleblowing site.

Edited by Faguss

Is it really a secret? I mean there's a button: "Share this: Twitter, Facebook, My Space, Stumble, Digg..."

Yea, a bunch of these got released for the AH-64, UAS Operations and i think the F-16, i can't recall any word from the DoD but i doubt they want it released.

It doesn't matter what kind of site it is. The document says it's not for distribution, which means you and I should not have it. That means the link is forbidden on this forum.

It doesn't matter what kind of site it is. The document says it's not for distribution, which means you and I should not have it. That means the link is forbidden on this forum.

I think it was more of a, Ah, never mind, its a whistleblowing site, i understand why you removed it now.

anyway, back on topic.

Do you guys expect to release this for A2 or wait it out a month or so and see what you can do with the A3 beta and release it with A3?

While I would personally like to have this done before A3 is released, reality tends to change the course of things at the drop of a hat. If A3's release approaches and we're not ready, we may opt for a alpha/beta release for A2 before moving onto A3.

While I would personally like to have this done before A3 is released, reality tends to change the course of things at the drop of a hat. If A3's release approaches and we're not ready, we may opt for a alpha/beta release for A2 before moving onto A3.

Fair enough, that was the response i was expecting, i guess RTT and the new flight dynamics could only be a good thing, even if the RTT MPD's make it more frame rate laggy :P

Edit: Also wondering what your plans are for the WAH-64/AH1, are you guys just changing the texture or the loadout and performance over too? seeing the WAH uses RR engines rather than GE one's giving it a longer range and higher cruize speed while still being able to carry a full load and Longbow radar where as it seems american apaches have to do some trade offs when deployed with the radar vs ordnance weights, speaking of ordnance, do you also plan do switch over the Hydras to CRV7 Fletchetts/HEISAP rockets? AND finally... are you including just the Kilo model hellfires or plan to include the Lima and/or Mike/November Hellfires?

Edited by Scarecrow398

In terms of engine power for the WAH-64 we haven't decided how to reflect that with the limits in A2. TKOH we could without a doubt simulate that, but A2 presents it's own obstacles. The key difference will be in the countermeasures and ASE equipment plus weapons and possibly an edge in speed and agility. Unfortunately, this puts the cart before the horse since we don't have the base aircraft complete yet.

So far we have A, C, K, L, M, and N model HELLFIREs coded and available but not all warheads are fully functional yet.

I think it was more of a, Ah, never mind, its a whistleblowing site, i understand why you removed it now.

I know what the poster said. May I reiterate that it doesn't matter whether that material came from wikileaks or icanhazcheezburger. The matter at hand is the material itself, not the source.

Fair enough, that was the response i was expecting, i guess RTT and the new flight dynamics could only be a good thing, even if the RTT MPD's make it more frame rate laggy :P

Edit: Also wondering what your plans are for the WAH-64/AH1, are you guys just changing the texture or the loadout...

These are some older images of the AH MK1 mockup, any nation planned will have components modelled as precisely as possible along with texture changes

WAH1.jpg

WAH2.jpg

WAH3.jpg

Oh and MPD's aren't the only things planed to use RTT ;)

Edited by NodUnit

These are some older images of the AH MK1 mockup, any nation planned will have components modelled as precisely as possible along with texture changes

Oh and MPD's aren't the only things planed to use RTT ;)

Wow, You seem put a lot of effort into just a mockup :P

looks great

also sound like you have some evil plans if you do continue to A3

In terms of engine power for the WAH-64 we haven't decided how to reflect that with the limits in A2. TKOH we could without a doubt simulate that, but A2 presents it's own obstacles. The key difference will be in the countermeasures and ASE equipment plus weapons and possibly an edge in speed and agility. Unfortunately, this puts the cart before the horse since we don't have the base aircraft complete yet.

So far we have A, C, K, L, M, and N model HELLFIREs coded and available but not all warheads are fully functional yet.

You guys really are going all out into detail, it's great! i really can not wait now :(

Nice, always felt that the Apache looked 'wrong' without the longbow radar.

The D does look a bit strange without it after seeing it with it for so long, then again I didn't warm up to the D for the longest time, the lack of symmetry of the EFABS was very "Blugh" for the longest.

This post is just to show that all of this talk and time hasn't been doing nothing. For a while I got stuck baking ambient occlusions and worse I have to re-bake the thing in some places. Originally I opted to use normal maps for nothing more than rivets and a few other small things. As time progressed however I find myself using them for more things, some unfortunately baffle me a bit (the tire for example) I apologize for the crummy presentation (incomplete normals, misplaced ambient occlusion from an old bake, misplaced things on diffuse that haven't been moved yet etc) but I felt that it's just about been all talk and nothing much to show for it. I was going to hold off on this for longer but you can only tell yourself "I'll just add a bit more before showing it.."

I'll be using max to render these since I can increase the strength of normals on the fly and don't need to get it all rigged up.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/silver1.jpg?t=1342584927

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/silver2.jpg?t=1342584927

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/silver3.jpg?t=1342584927

Some colored

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/sideshot1.jpg?t=1342584940

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/c1.jpg?t=1342584939

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/c2.jpg?t=1342584940

Good to see the A model getting some love. Looks amazing!

Beautiful details ! Bravo !

WOW!

That bird looks amazing! As booce said, it's especially nice to see some new shots of the A model :)

Dunno know if it's been asked before, didn't read the whole thread, but: Do you have any plans on a version for TKO:H ?

good luck with this project!

it's very nice, congats!

however, the AH-64D is th Longbow version - which is already in the game.

what is your purpose to create another one? I don't really get it.

(BTW, it's more an AH-64A than a D version.)

anyway, it's a very nice work, you're making a beautiful bird!

it's very nice, congats!

To clarify...all Delta Models dont have an MMA....in fact in a normal unit, out of 24 aircraft, only 9 have the MMA. And in most cases when the unit deploys, all the MMAs are taken off due to the fact that A) its 300lbs of unnecessary weight and B) lack of radar targets to kill. Although with the Block III's coming out the weight isn't an issue due to the new transmission and drive train, as well as the 701D engines, the aircraft have way more power now, so you don't have to sacrifice payload for fuel anymore. Regardless, there is way more detail in Nod's/Franze's Deltas than in the BIS ones. The MMA on the BIS one looks like crap IMO...not to mention Nod I believe put the MTADS/MPNVS on his versions, which I know is probably only for looks, but still enhances the realistic feel to the aircraft as a whole. Also I believe he has the CMWS sensors on his aircraft, which means he can take off the ALQ-144 as well.

But yes, those screens are of an Alpha model...hence the smaller FABs, the ADS on the rotor head, and the anti collision lights on the wingtip instead of the engine nacelle. To my knowledge, only Reserve and National Guard units still use Alpha models. The last active duty unit to use Alphas changed over the Deltas back in 2005 if memory serves me correctly. Although I do believe alot of reserve and NG units are now switching to Deltas as well now.

Hey Nodunit, I forgot if I sent you pictures way back when, but do you plan on modelling a version with the ASPI mod? Also you still working on the versions with the VUIT mast. I remember seeing screens a long time ago. You can still PM me if you have questions, although I ETSed a year ago so my knowledge on the aircraft is limited/not up to date. Plus I've forgotten a decent amount of stuff since I haven't worked on them in a while lol.

Edited by islesfan186

Thank you all for the kind words, this is my first time seriously texturing anything, not very familiar with the ins and outs of the tools so it's taking a bit longer than expected.

Do you have any plans on a version for TKO:H ? !

All I can say right now is that it is on our radar.

it's very nice, congats!

Longbow is the name of the radar, and as iselfan said, not all Delta models are equipped with them. Originally we started with only the D hence the title name, I never got around to asking an admin to change the title to "AH-64 pack" or something like that.

As for why bother creating, there are numerous reasons but at the heart of it all, control. Multiple display pages, dynamic arming, a difference with and without the radar, weapon attributes, flight model, damage model, and a dozen other things. For example, we want to make the cockpit as authentic as we can in both form and function

For example the FLT page

BI's- http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/06/arma-ii-operation-arrowhead-review/0.jpg

ours- http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/arma2OA2012-05-0522-05-04-66.png?t=1336275356

real-

And this is an early mockup of our FLT page in motion

(set to 720)
Hey Nodunit, I forgot if I sent you pictures way back when, but do you plan on modelling a version with the ASPI mod? Also you still working on the versions with the VUIT mast. I remember seeing screens a long time ago. You can still PM me if you have questions, although I ETSed a year ago so my knowledge on the aircraft is limited/not up to date. Plus I've forgotten a decent amount of stuff since I haven't worked on them in a while lol.

I do have the mod kit floating about but for poly conscious reasons ASPI will be a post release.

Edited by NodUnit

i didn't see the video , i remember the Hellenic apache in ofp (very similar to your apache) anyway i'm very exiting with all the picture and video that' you make but if i can ask something can you make a sort of big video with all the feature ? and some comentary on it ? a sort of devblog ?

i didn't see the video , i remember the Hellenic apache in ofp (very similar to your apache) anyway i'm very exiting with all the picture and video that' you make but if i can ask something can you make a sort of big video with all the feature ? and some comentary on it ? a sort of devblog ?

Nod did some very good ones a while back :)

See them here